For you HHI owners...

KLR-wlv

DIS Veteran
Hi

I am considering an add on at HH. I live in Charleston SC and its convenient to get there and we really like the resort. My question is: I would love to reserve a grand villa at Thanksgiving. When I called the regular reservation # (not MS) there were no GV available for that Wed and Thurs (and I am wondering if they hold the GV's for DVC members and not for cash paying non-dvc members this early in the year for a Nov. ressie) Do HH owners have difficulty getting GV during Thanksgiving? Has anyone gotten one within the 7 month window (because I'm still debating whether we should do HH or BCV....)

Thanks for any info!

Kristen

A DVC resort starts out with most of the rooms in Cash Reservation Inventory. As the points for the resort are sold more and more of that resort is declared into Member Inventory. I don't know what portion of Hilton Head is sold, but I would guess that a large portion of the resort is now in Member Inventory. This means that this percentage of rooms are for points reservations while the remaining percentage is for cash reservations.

So...to answer your question...yes, the Grand Villas could easily be in the Member Inventory and, therefore, held for Member reservations. Also, there are not many Grand Villas at HH (6? 8?...something like that) and I would bet they would be in high demand over Thanksgiving. I have never tried to rent a GV over Thanksgiving so I can't help with the other part of your question.

You could always rent 2 2-BR units if you can't get the GV. They are also very nice and would actually allow you to sleep more people.

Hope this helps.

Michele

So sorry, but we are guilty of booking a GV then. We were able to book the 11 month window. I don't know if DVC holds a certain # of GVs for DVC members, I would think that they do, especially at a holiday time. I have heard that there are rooms in the Lodge where three rooms connect together making a larger unit, but I'm not sure how that works. I would suggest that you book two 2-BR, it is about the same cash price as one GV. Make a request that they be in the same unit. Hope it works out for you. Also, book what you can and go on the waitlist for a GV. Good Luck:)

All of the GV's at HH have been in the member's inventory for quite almost 2 years now and thus unavailable for cash rental until only a short while before- if at all.

HH has only 5 GV's, and therefore they are in very short supply. There might be availability at some times of the year, but they are very popular. It is unlikely that there will be cash availability

For a Nov reservation, you are already well within the 11 month priority for HH owners. Thanksgiving is a very popular time- both at HH and at the DVC resort there.

Good Luck!

Doc,

I thought HH sales was still holding one GV that was used for member meetings and "A Private Affair" and that it wasn't going into inventor until later this year.

It still was not available for cash ressie.

I could be wrong.:)

Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter