For those who have gone in July and August....

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, we normally go mid August to Disney. We are not park commando's, we get there for rope drop, back after lunch, pool time, nice dinner. Every now and then we return later, but we're usually too tired, lol! For folks who go in July and August, is there a big difference in the crowds? This year we might go mid or late July. We've gone mid August as well as the end, really don't see much of a difference. I know kids are back later in August, but we might not be able to go then, so thinking of July, (the sooner the better! lol). I know it's hot and crowded, but is July that more crowded than August?
Thank you!!

We found July to be both more hot and crowded then August. Weather is luck of the draw, but when our kids were preschoolers we loved late August because the parks seemed empty.

ok, thanks, that's what I thought. We're use to traveling there in the heat, was hoping there wasn't too much of a difference in crowds.

FL kids (and many southern states, as well as IN) go back to school the 2nd week of August. Considerably lower crowds. Also HS athletes from schools which start Labor Day week, have to be back for training in August. Considerably lower crowds even from 1st week to 3rd.

Here is a crowd calendar. Not always 100% accurate, but usually in the ballpark

Weather between July and August is just about the same it's definitely not any cooler. As far as crowds go we found it about the same in August than July unless you go later in August after the kids go back to school then it's considerably less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter