For those who get motion sickness - advice?

Hi Neighbor. Which store did you find it at? I know Walgreens has their own name for it, Walnine or something like that. :wave2:

Hi Neighbor!!
I found it at the CVS on Pecos. Target had a "generic" brand and they also had Dramamine. I actually checked 2 Target's. Finally, I called CVS and they had it. I also checked Costco but maybe people don't buy sea sickness medicine in bulk?? :confused3

Can you drink alcohol with Bonine? I discovered a long time ago that if you take Dramamine and drink rum punch, it will knock you out!! :cloud9: It was some of the best sleep I ever had but certainly made it extremely hard getting from the sail boat to the bus back to the resort. :rolleyes1

Thank you everyone for your responses - it really does help. I will definetly take something BEFORE I have symptoms, etc. My motion sickness is the weirdest thing ever - for example I don't EVER get sick driving a car but if I ride in a car for more than say 10-20 miles I get sick. Same thing with metrolink (which is light rail transportation here in St. Louis) the first 10 minutes are ok but after that I am going to just get sick. Airplanes - not so much - been flying on those since I was an infant (Navy Brat) and have really never had an issue.

Just call me weird. :banana:

is this true? sorry, if you said it it is probably ture. i did not know this and am now concerned. what do you know about side effects? i was told there were none but now i think i need to google some.:surfweb:

Like I said, check with your doctor. I am not a doctor. I do not know what your health situation is. However, about 2 years ago Consumer Reports did a story on the risks Ginger for some, so if you have access to that check there too.

AGAIN, I AM NOT A DOCTOR, AND ANYONE SEEKING ADVICE ABOUT GINGER SHOULD SEE THEIR DOCTOR. BUT BELOW IS FROM http://www.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/nmdrugprofiles/herbaldrugs/101230.shtml
and flags some people who really should consult with their doctor before taking ginger.
-------------------------------

Avoid If...
Although there's no evidence that Ginger is harmful during pregnancy, officials recommend that it not be taken for morning sickness. People with gallstones should not use it unless their doctor approves. Because of its anti-clotting properties, it should be avoided by anyone in danger of internal bleeding.

Special Cautions
High doses (6 grams or more) may damage the stomach lining and could eventually lead to ulcers. Allergic skin reactions are also possible, but in recommended doses, Ginger causes no side effects.

Possible Drug Interactions
It's best to avoid large doses of Ginger if you are taking a blood-thinning drug such as Coumadin.

Special Information If You Are Pregnant or Breastfeeding
Although a trial of Ginger in 27 pregnant women with persistent vomiting revealed no harmful effects, it is still not recommended during pregnancy.

------------------------------------

I've really never had a problem w/ motion sickness, but our last Disney Cruise was during the hurricanes 2006, and the boat was really rocking. At the gift shop onboard they do sell these bands that go on your wrist and have a pressure point (assume their sea bands), they seemed to work ok. Several people were wearing them on that cruise, actually had to wait in quite a line to purchase them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter