For those of you who use backpacks

I use a small backpack in the Parks. It has a couple of small pouches as well as the main pouch. Each one has a zipper. I attach one large diaper pin to all three zippers. It's impossible to slide any one open when they are all pinned together & diaper pins are made to be difficult to open anyway. No one is likely to get into the bag without a lot of tugging & frustration.

If there are concerns about your backpack being opened while on your back, wear it with zippers facing your back. The larger top zipper compartment, don't store valuables. Keep your ponchos, snacks, sunglasses, sunscreen etc in the larger part... keep valuables in smaller zipper compartments that are against your body. I do that when it's extremely crowded or pre Covid19 during the fireworks. Sometimes I have even worn it in front of me with smaller zippers against my body... like when trying to do the mass exit at night

I use a small backpack (Lululemon City Adventurer Mini) for my water bottle and snacks. I just got back from a 5-day trip and if I may offer one piece of advice...get a Bandolier/phone case with a crossbody strap and card pocket instead of putting your phone in your backpack! You'll be looking at it frequently when checking wait times, but you don't want to have it in your hand all the time. It was a GAME. CHANGER. Also, someone rifling through your bag is unlikely to be after anything other than your phone and wallet, and the crossbody case keeps it close to you.

Have a wonderful trip whatever you decide!

I actually got one of these for my upcoming trip just because I don't want to constantly be taking my phone in and out of my bag. Glad to hear it works well!

I use a small backpack (Lululemon City Adventurer Mini) for my water bottle and snacks. I just got back from a 5-day trip and if I may offer one piece of advice...get a Bandolier/phone case with a crossbody strap and card pocket instead of putting your phone in your backpack! You'll be looking at it frequently when checking wait times, but you don't want to have it in your hand all the time. It was a GAME. CHANGER. Also, someone rifling through your bag is unlikely to be after anything other than your phone and wallet, and the crossbody case keeps it close to you.

Have a wonderful trip whatever you decide!

I've only been stopped twice in the last few months and it turned out that I had a metal tin in my bag for breath mints. The scanner picked it up both times. Once I took that out and replaced it with a plastic container, I've had smooth sailing. The new scanning system is smooth.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter