For the first time in like ever I'm going to Disneyland a Nov 14 TR... updated 8/17

I have my Pluto photos all downloaded :cool1:

Hoping to get another update done some time before Christmas. Been busy with finishing Christmas shopping and work and teaching and then my nephew's birthday and stuff

I am glad that you got your Pluto photos.

Corinna

Me to because the one on the camera was all blurry :( Really don't understand why they couldn't find them three weeks ago but sure at least I have them now. Just really lucky I actually went back and asked them again :goodvibes

Me to because the one on the camera was all blurry :( Really don't understand why they couldn't find them three weeks ago but sure at least I have them now. Just really lucky I actually went back and asked them again :goodvibes

I'm so glad you got them! Stuff happens. I looked at my photos online and I have some sweet pictures of strangers (3 to be exact). I'm sure this happens once and a while.

TK

This time last month we were flying to Los Angeles. Ach can't I go back! Don't like this Christmas stuff where everything I do besides work stops for like two weeks.

Anyway have an update. It will prob be the last one until after Christmas because the nieces and sister are coming home for Christmas and I also need to put the video on to the computer for the next update to see if there's more pictures I can take from that.

Day 2, part 4:

So when I left you we had just finished up on the Haunted Mansion so next we headed to Critter Country. Winnie the Pooh only had a ten minute wait so we hopped in line. While we were in line though the ride broke down and everyone started to leave. We didn't really have anywhere else in particular we wanted to go so we waited for a while. Momma rang her friend in Ireland and by the time she was off the phone the ride was working again and we were on it almost immediately.

Once we finished the ride we went in to Pooh's corner to explore the shop:

Lookie all the yummies:

Olaf yummies:

I got us two of the holiday dipped marshmallows.

They were yum but very heavy. It was marshmallow dipped in caramel, dipped in chocolate and covered in peppermint sprinkles:

While we were eating the treats I explored the area a little bit taking pictures:
Thought this was cute, who remembers the story of the Pooh sticks game:

I found Owl's house:

Lookie the cool benches:

Then I spotted some hundred acre wood friends so went to meet them. While I was waiting in line of course they all went off to take a break. I was taking sneaky pictures of Momma through the trees though and some American couple were giving me funny looks so I told them I was taking pictures of her wait face because she always looks a bit bored. They started asking me all about Ireland and where they should visit if they ever get to Ireland then until the characters came back. I saw Tigger:

Eeyore:

And Pooh bear:

Was disappointed with the photos as most of the ones with me and the characters are blurry and there was no photopass photographers. In fact all day I only found 5 photopass photographers in the park. Anyway after meeting the characters and getting pressed pennies in the area we headed back through Frontierland with the intention of riding the Columbia ship but Momma spotted Jack Skellington so I went to meet him. He was really funny. He asked if I was having a good day and I said yes which he said was awful. I was wearing pigtails in my hair that day and he was also trying to hang me by the pigtails.

Next we went on the Columbia ship.

We saw lots of Indians and Moose and stuff:

But then I spotted this and shouted MICKEY'S DROWNING:

It's one of the Holiday Mickey Elf (Melf) Popcorn buckets! I was concerned about him drowning though. :rotfl2: Seriously though could you imagine paying 13 dollars for it and then losing it to the river, I'm pretty sure I would just sit there and cry!

Next up: A Christmas Fantasy

Last edited:
What a shame that there were so few Photopass photographers around that day. I am glad that The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was not down for long. I love the Olaf treats. I had not realised that they were selling big versions of the Christmas marshmallow treat. We were given a small version which was the size of a standard marshmallow during the Holiday Tour. I really liked it, but struggled to finish it as it was so rich. Sounds like you had a great interaction with Jack Skellington. Poor Mickey going for a swim. I would have been upset, too, if I lost something that I only just bought.

Corinna

Thanks for the update! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with the family!!! :santa:
Thanks. If we manage to get through it without some sort of argument it will be a miracle :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

What a shame that there were so few Photopass photographers around that day. I am glad that The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh was not down for long. I love the Olaf treats. I had not realised that they were selling big versions of the Christmas marshmallow treat. We were given a small version which was the size of a standard marshmallow during the Holiday Tour. I really liked it, but struggled to finish it as it was so rich.
Yeah that marshmallow took me a few days to finish. It was nice but really heavy.

Sounds like you had a great interaction with Jack Skellington.
Jack was really funny. Actually just before me in the queue was a little baby dressed up as Jack and was to cute. Jack was happy with that one as well.

Poor Mickey going for a swim. I would have been upset, too, if I lost something that I only just bought.
Corinna
That wasn't my bucket. I was just concerned that Mickey was drowning :lmao:

Thanks for the update.. needed a Disney Fix!!!!

Happy Holidays to you and your Family..

Thanks for the update.. needed a Disney Fix!!!!

Happy Holidays to you and your Family..

Thanks. My nieces are currently en route to Ireland. Can't wait to see them :dance3:

Just catching up...but I wanted to chime in. I think by claiming your pictures he meant that you had to load all your photopass cards in by that date. You still have time after that to work on the photos. I know the photopass rules changed a bit and I have to look up the most recent but I think you have 30 days to claim them and another 15 before they expire. I was not aware it had a download option though. I thought it was still CD's at DL.

Just catching up...but I wanted to chime in. I think by claiming your pictures he meant that you had to load all your photopass cards in by that date. You still have time after that to work on the photos. I know the photopass rules changed a bit and I have to look up the most recent but I think you have 30 days to claim them and another 15 before they expire. I was not aware it had a download option though. I thought it was still CD's at DL.

For Disneyland it is 30 days to enter your Photopass numbers and then 30 days to edit. They do downloads, but only up to 700 photos. I am well over that after edits. So I had to order the CD.

Corinna

For Disneyland it is 30 days to enter your Photopass numbers and then 30 days to edit. They do downloads, but only up to 700 photos. I am well over that after edits. So I had to order the CD.

Corinna

Good to know!!!

I am loving the updates and I just need to go back as I see so many details I missed the first time around. I really am hoping we can squeeze it in this next year sometime.

Great update, Emma. I love the Pooh ride photos and the Pooh characters are absolutely adorable. I'm sorry about the lack of PP photographers. I've never seen Jack Skellington, but then I've never seen the movie either.

I'd cry too if I lost my Mickey Popcorn bucket.

I hope you and the family have a marvelous Christmas.

I dunno I think he just got a little mixed up because he said i had to claim them by the 2nd but they mailed me two days ago saying the photos were about to expire :confused3

Also I downloaded them because the last time I ordered the cd they lost my order and I nearly lost all my photos :sad:

Corinna
I definately didn't get 30 days to enter my photopass number.. I do think that he got mixed up though.

Good to know!!!

I am loving the updates and I just need to go back as I see so many details I missed the first time around. I really am hoping we can squeeze it in this next year sometime.
You should. Disneyland was awesome

Great update, Emma. I love the Pooh ride photos and the Pooh characters are absolutely adorable. I'm sorry about the lack of PP photographers.
I loved the Winnie the Pooh characters. It worried me the first day the lack of photo pass because I'd pre paid but it was ok later in the week.

I've never seen Jack Skellington, but then I've never seen the movie either.
I only watched it with my nephew before i went to California because I knew that the Haunted mansion was going to be themed to it. Jack was hilarious when I met him.

I'd cry too if I lost my Mickey Popcorn bucket.
That wasn't mine i just thought it was funny him randomly floating there!

I hope you and the family have a marvelous Christmas.

Thanks. Happy Christmas to you as well :goodvibes

Happy Christmas to all my Dis friends. Hope Santy was good to you all

Cute pictures of the Winnie the Pooh ride and the sweet shop. We just spent a little time there and I didn't even notice the treats!

Your pictures of the 100-acre woods characters came out great! Sorry to hear the ones with you in them came out blurry.

So when you mentioned Jack Skellington asked if you were having a good time, did he actually talk? Or did he act that out?

It was fun to see the pictures from your sail on the Columbia. We didn't do that.

:)

Cute pictures of the Winnie the Pooh ride and the sweet shop. We just spent a little time there and I didn't even notice the treats!
I love the Winnie the Pooh area. We were just chilling at that stage pretty much anyway so Momma was happy to sit while I roamed around.

Your pictures of the 100-acre woods characters came out great! Sorry to hear the ones with you in them came out blurry.
They really need more photopass people in Disneyland. Was a little scared by the lack of them the first day.

So when you mentioned Jack Skellington asked if you were having a good time, did he actually talk? Or did he act that out?
Nope he talked himself. He was very funny as well and lots of different poses with people.

It was fun to see the pictures from your sail on the Columbia. We didn't do that. :)
We went on the Columbia the first day because the Mark Twain was down for refurb. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter