For the First Time In Forever.....A Disneyland reopening TR, Dark Ride photos and The End 5/8

Whoa.
I'd wager that our poultry intake is the highest. But... cool that you can authoritatively make that statement.

Well, when I first made one of those pie graphs, beef was at 40%, since it's an ongoing thing and I've tried to up the seafood intake, beef is now down to 37% overall, but in the last year, beef and poultry are now right around 21% with pork and seafood at about 13-16%

I do that... not 8 years worth, but I dig through my recipes and "Did we like this? Maybe? Let's try it again."

A lot of my recipes are one and dones. Either they are more trouble than they are worth or they just don't taste as good as I thought. Then there are my tried a true ones that I keep turning back to.

:faint:

I'm lucky if I don't repeat in 30.

Well that is the average repeat time. Some recipes I haven't tried in four years and some happen every other month (prime rib, turkeys, etc). I think this past year has been a comfort food kind of year because we've had polka dotted mac and cheese seven times in the last year! :laughing:

Hmmm... Sounds pretty good. May have to look into it.
I'm currently watching The Witcher and have a few episodes left.

And.... poop. No Legends of Tomorrow on Netflix, Prime or Disney+

We're watching it on Netflix, I just googled and found this:

To watch Legends of Tomorrow in CANADA on Netflix:

• Subscribe to PureVPN
  • Enter your credentials and sign in.
  • Select US server from the list.
  • Head over to Netflix website or app and enjoy streaming Legends of Tomorrow in CANADA.

So we left off with Halloween, and if you've ever been at Disney during this season you know that you can leave the park at night having viewed pumpkins and Halloween decorations only to enter the park the next day and find Christmas has arrived. For us it wasn't quite so drastic, there was probably a month between our last trip when we finally made it out again for the Festival of Holidays.

We had planned to meet Jenny and Michael at DCA and enjoy some of the offerings from the kiosks. Every year I tell Fran not to buy the lanyard with the tabs because we have such a hard time using them up, and every year she still buys it!

Our first stop (because I was borderline on hangry) was the first booth we encountered, Holiday Duets.

We ordered the Braised Pork Belly Adobo. It was a great combination of textures with the crispy pork rind on top, soft rice and melt in your mouth pork belly. We got a great portion, but I heard other people's reports that theirs was served rather dry.

Now that I had food in my tummy, I was fit to be around other human beings besides Fran, so we texted Michael and Jenny and met up with them near the Winter Sliderland Booth, where I got the Beef Pot Roast on Potato Roll. This is one of the best things that the festival offers!

Since this was our first time out here during the Christmas Season, Fran wanted to do some shopping so she took off, and we met back up later. I wanted to try this Peppermint Cold Brew Cocktail – Cold brew with coffee liqueur, a splash of crème de menthe, and crème de cacao garnished with a miniature candy cane. It was really good!

Because I unfortunately have the appetite of a small bird, I wasn’t hungry for anything else, so we went on Ariel’s ride (which was the only ride I had left on my reopening list to go on).

I decided that I might as well get this Hot Chocolate inspired Macaron. I remember having this before and liking it, but I forgot how sweet it was.

I decided that a glass of sparkling wine was in order….I have no idea what this was though!

It’s cute how they change up the different holidays in Cars Land, similar theme different decorations.

Jenny and Michael decided that they had eaten enough and headed home. Fran and I decided to hop over to Disneyland. Bye bye Festival of Holidays, I’ll see you again next year.

Hello Disneyland!

As we entered the park we stumbled upon this Christmas Cavalcade.

The castle was all decorated for the season.

Even the Jungle Cruise ride was in the spirit of things!

I had a socially distanced meet with Santa!

He had such a cute little lair!

The castle is so beautiful all lit up in it’s wintertime decor.

And Main Street too!

We stopped in the lobby of the Grand Californian to check out their decorations.

And the gingerbread house.

And finally we did a little bit of shopping at the dress shop. I picked up this super cute holiday shirt.

That wraps up our Christmas visits to the park! Up next the Crown Jewels!

Your holiday pics are lovely! The castle is just gorgeous!

I have zero hope of reading all the chatter and even probably missed a chapter or two, but I AM here, Alison and went back as far as time will allow this weekend. :)

x21DL090HL04.jpg
How cute!! I LOVE Disney at Halloween time and would love to do an Oogie with you. Maybe we can plan one for this year with Kari and you guys?

Absolutely clever! Love this!

Mmm, polenta!!

I sure thought they stopped races for wet tracks?? Huh!

Well howdy folks! :wave: I thought I would just pop in for a sec and apologize for my absence. Again. This time I can tell you exactly why I've been missing!
At least you can give account for why you're MIA! I am just busy in general with a smattering of stuff; yours seems to be more targeted!

Glad you got your house more organized and cleaned out!

We had a lovely visit which included a SUPER fun dinner party to celebrate mine and Fran's 25th Anniversary.

YAY for celebrations!! :hug:

Well, when I first made one of those pie graphs, beef was at 40%, since it's an ongoing thing and I've tried to up the seafood intake, beef is now down to 37% overall, but in the last year, beef and poultry are now right around 21% with pork and seafood at about 13-16%
mmmm... pie.

:rolleyes1

Okay, okay. :) I don't know if I have the time or ambition to start plotting my meals... but I do think it's pretty neat that you can do this.
A lot of my recipes are one and dones.
Ditto. I often poll the family. "So is this one worth doing again?"
But I have the final say, since I'm the one doing the cooking.
Either they are more trouble than they are worth or they just don't taste as good as I thought.
Exactly. ::yes::
I think this past year has been a comfort food kind of year because we've had polka dotted mac and cheese seven times in the last year! :laughing:
:laughing:
And yet, I'm sure there are some dishes that I've made at least a dozen or more times/year.
We're watching it on Netflix, I just googled and found this:

To watch Legends of Tomorrow in CANADA on Netflix:

• Subscribe to PureVPN
  • Enter your credentials and sign in.
  • Select US server from the list.
  • Head over to Netflix website or app and enjoy streaming Legends of Tomorrow in CANADA.
hmmmm... I'll have to think on that. $50/year for one show... and there's so much to watch already... dunno.
But thanks for the info. :)

So we left off with Halloween, and if you've ever been at Disney during this season you know that you can leave the park at night having viewed pumpkins and Halloween decorations only to enter the park the next day and find Christmas has arrived.
I've never experienced that (on either coast), but I have heard of it. And I think I would find it very jarring.
Every year I tell Fran not to buy the lanyard with the tabs because we have such a hard time using them up, and every year she still buys it!
:laughing: A girl's gotta do, what a girl's gotta do!
We ordered the Braised Pork Belly Adobo.
That looks good.
Now that I had food in my tummy, I was fit to be around other human beings besides Fran, so we texted Michael and Jenny and met up with them
:eek: That bad?!?!?

:laughing: Remind me to make sure you stay fed when I'm around!
I got the Beef Pot Roast on Potato Roll. This is one of the best things that the festival offers!
mmm... sounds and looks good!
Peppermint Cold Brew Cocktail
That one's gonna be a no from me.
The clamshells fit three adults? Are they bigger than the MK ones? I don't recall for sure, but think those only fit 2?
I decided that I might as well get this Hot Chocolate inspired Macaron.
Pretty. :)
I decided that a glass of sparkling wine was in order….I have no idea what this was though!
Oh, I can help you out with that.

It's sparkling wine.
You're welcome.

:duck:
Fran and I decided to hop over to Disneyland. Bye bye Festival of Holidays, I’ll see you again next year.
Wait!!!
See? I had no idea that it was only at one park. I associate the two parks together since they're so close and just assumed that the festival was spread over them both.
Cute ride. :)
I assume that's Mrs. Claus... which begs the question "Are these photos in order?" Usually Santa comes last, in a parade (cavalcade here).
The castle was all decorated for the season.
With snow on the rooftops! Cool! Very nice touch.
I had a socially distanced meet with Santa!
Because you'd been naughty, right?
Right.
The castle is so beautiful all lit up in it’s wintertime decor.
Very!
And finally we did a little bit of shopping at the dress shop. I picked up this super cute holiday shirt.
I really like that. :thumbsup2

This looks divine!
I wanted to try this Peppermint Cold Brew Cocktail – Cold brew with coffee liqueur, a splash of crème de menthe, and crème de cacao garnished with a miniature candy cane. It was really good!

Holy smokes that sounds good!
It’s cute how they change up the different holidays in Cars Land, similar theme different decorations.

Oh it totally is!! I adore Carsland, that being a #1 reason!
I'll bet that is super pretty lit up at night!

LOL! I don't normally think of Santa occupying a "lair". Which I read as "liar" at first.
Stunning!

Every year I tell Fran not to buy the lanyard with the tabs because we have such a hard time using them up, and every year she still buys it!

Everyone has their Christmas traditions.

I got the Beef Pot Roast on Potato Roll. This is one of the best things that the festival offers!

Sounds like a solid choice! What's the sauce on it?

I wanted to try this Peppermint Cold Brew Cocktail – Cold brew with coffee liqueur, a splash of crème de menthe, and crème de cacao garnished with a miniature candy cane. It was really good!

That sounds like something Julie would really love.

Um...sparkling wine?

Hello Disneyland!

Never gets old being able to walk between the parks.

I didn't know Santa had a lair. Makes him sound like more of a villain. Maybe he has a whole secret life we don't know about.

Love this!

How cute!! I LOVE Disney at Halloween time and would love to do an Oogie with you. Maybe we can plan one for this year with Kari and you guys?

I definitely plan on doing one this year, I just have to find out the timing.

Absolutely clever! Love this!

I know! Isn't it?

Mmm, polenta!!

I'm not a huge fan, but I thought the Mickeys were a cute idea.

At least you can give account for why you're MIA! I am just busy in general with a smattering of stuff; yours seems to be more targeted!

Glad you got your house more organized and cleaned out!

Even when we left, I was still tripping out about how I could walk all over the place without stuff in my way!

YAY for celebrations!! :hug:

And no one got Covid either! :lmao:

I have zero hope of reading all the chatter and even probably missed a chapter or two, but I AM here, Alison and went back as far as time will allow this weekend. :)

That's how I am with your TRs! Usually I read the chatter from the folks I know, but I'm just struggling to keep up at this point.

mmmm... pie.

:rolleyes1

Okay, okay. :) I don't know if I have the time or ambition to start plotting my meals... but I do think it's pretty neat that you can do this.

Sometimes, it's a pain to keep it up, but I like that I have it going now, and will take a few minutes every so often to get caught back up.

Ditto. I often poll the family. "So is this one worth doing again?"
But I have the final say, since I'm the one doing the cooking.

I usually have the final say since I plan the menu schedule.

And yet, I'm sure there are some dishes that I've made at least a dozen or more times/year.

I think I would get sick of eating something every month. I can get away with 6-8 weeks later, unless it's a particular establishment that I am not required to cook or do the dishes.

hmmmm... I'll have to think on that. $50/year for one show... and there's so much to watch already... dunno.
But thanks for the info. :)

OH, I didn't realize it was that much. Then again, we've been known to pay $24.99 for one series on Amazon.

I've never experienced that (on either coast), but I have heard of it. And I think I would find it very jarring.

I probably have not, but I remember Su-Lynn mentioning it in one of her TRs.

:eek: That bad?!?!?

:laughing: Remind me to make sure you stay fed when I'm around!

I don't know if I'm that bad, but Fran says I am! :laughing:

mmm... sounds and looks good!

That was definitely the best thing at the festival IMHO.

That one's gonna be a no from me.

I knew that.

The clamshells fit three adults? Are they bigger than the MK ones? I don't recall for sure, but think those only fit 2?

Well Michael is very skinny. Jenny is skinnier than me!

Oh, I can help you out with that.

It's sparkling wine.
You're welcome.

:duck:

OK, since both you and @Captain_Oblivious were both wise guys.....I looked it up, it was Chandon! BTW your wise-guyishness was not completely unexpected. :rolleyes1

Wait!!!
See? I had no idea that it was only at one park. I associate the two parks together since they're so close and just assumed that the festival was spread over them both.

Disneyland doesn't generally serve alcohol, the addition of it at Oga's Cantina and now Blue Bayou are quite recent. A lot of the festival focuses around craft beers and specialty drinks, so it's only at DCA.

I assume that's Mrs. Claus... which begs the question "Are these photos in order?" Usually Santa comes last, in a parade (cavalcade here).

Yes they are in order. I guess in this case Santa started it off....

With snow on the rooftops! Cool! Very nice touch.

They do something similar every year, but it's always beautiful. That's So Cal kind of snow!

Because you'd been naughty, right?
Right.

I've always been nice! :snooty:

I really like that. :thumbsup2

Thanks! :goodvibes

This looks divine!

As I told @pkondz, this was the best thing at the festival IMHO.

Holy smokes that sounds good!

I knew you would be a fan of that one!

Oh it totally is!! I adore Carsland, that being a #1 reason!

They always do a great job decorating Carsland! So many possibilities!

I'll bet that is super pretty lit up at night!

Sadly I did not get a picture, but it did look pretty cool.

LOL! I don't normally think of Santa occupying a "lair". Which I read as "liar" at first.

I don't know that's exactly what came to mind when I saw that little "man cave". :laughing:

Everyone has their Christmas traditions.

:lmao: I hate to think that's one!

Sounds like a solid choice! What's the sauce on it?

It's a sour cream horseradish sauce, my favorite!

That sounds like something Julie would really love.

It is geared toward a certain palate and it seems Liesa, Julie, and I share that!

Um...sparkling wine?

You and @pkondz always the wise-guys! I looked it up and it was Chandon.

Never gets old being able to walk between the parks.

Being here at WDW right now and needing to take "transportation" to get everywhere makes me really appreciate how simple it is to get places at DL. You park your car, and you are really done with the driving the whole time you're there!

I didn't know Santa had a lair. Makes him sound like more of a villain. Maybe he has a whole secret life we don't know about.

That's funny! Maybe he does have a whole secret life!

Love this!

The decorations are always stunning!

Last Summer we attended an exhibit at a local museum from the Disney Archives. This winter a new exhibit came to the same museum.

This exhibit was pretty cool in that there was something for almost any Disney fan to enjoy.

There were gadgets and gizmos a-plenty
And whozits and whatzits galore
And thingamabobs?

This glass slipper was from the Live Action version of Cinderella.

These pendants are really cool. I love how they make multiple versions of them for different scenes and such.

These crowns from the White Witch in the Series The Chronicles of Narnia, the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe are super cool. As she loses her powers, the crown keeps shrinking. How many of you noticed this in the movie?

This room had a ton of treasures in it. One of them was the giant jewel of the main character of the movie Titanic, but since I never saw that movie, it wasn’t of interest to me. What’s funny is that in all of the TV coverage of this exhibit that I’ve seen since we visited, that is the one piece that they keep advertising. I didn’t even bother to take a picture! :laughing:

Fran commented that she would like to have a pair of these!

I took a picture of this for all you sports fans out there….you know who you are.

These were all the crowns worn by the kids in The Chronicles of Narnia.

And the Crown of Loki!

I thought this one was particularly cute. From The Princess Diaries Fat Louie had a crown as well.

This is the Golden Necklace worn by Erik Killmonger (played by Michael B Jordan) in Black Panther.

I liked this one a lot, it was the necklace that Elizabeth Swan (played by Keira Knightly) in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

Anyone recognize this guy?

These are various rings worn by Jack Sparrow in a couple different Pirates movies.

There were tons of items, many more that I took pictures of, and probably even more that I didn’t take pictures of. All in all you could see items from all of these pictures.

Next up, Christmas lives on….

I usually have the final say since I plan the menu schedule.
Me too.
But I'm not going to spend time cooking something that no one will eat.
I think I would get sick of eating something every month. I can get away with 6-8 weeks later, unless it's a particular establishment that I am not required to cook or do the dishes.
Depends on the dish.
I make my "noodle-bowl" dish fairly often as the family frequently ask for it.
OH, I didn't realize it was that much. Then again, we've been known to pay $24.99 for one series on Amazon.
I get that. Done similar...
I don't know if I'm that bad, but Fran says I am! :laughing:
I knew that.
;)
OK, since both you and @Captain_Oblivious were both wise guys.....I looked it up, it was Chandon! BTW your wise-guyishness was not completely unexpected. :rolleyes1
Disneyland doesn't generally serve alcohol, the addition of it at Oga's Cantina and now Blue Bayou are quite recent. A lot of the festival focuses around craft beers and specialty drinks, so it's only at DCA.
Ohhhh... Okay. See that now.
Yes they are in order. I guess in this case Santa started it off....
Huh!
I've always been nice! :snooty:
:rotfl:
You and @pkondz always the wise-guys!
Great minds think alike.

No idea why it happened in this case.

There were gadgets and gizmos a-plenty
And whozits and whatzits galore
And thingamabobs?
Nicely done.
Was the Little Mermaid box used as a prop for animation?
These pendants are really cool.
They're crabs! Cool!
These crowns from the White Witch in the Series The Chronicles of Narnia, the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe are super cool. As she loses her powers, the crown keeps shrinking. How many of you noticed this in the movie?
Never seen it. So... nope.
One of them was the giant jewel of the main character of the movie Titanic, but since I never saw that movie, it wasn’t of interest to me.
You've never seen Titanic???

You must be the only person left alive who hasn't.
What’s funny is that in all of the TV coverage of this exhibit that I’ve seen since we visited, that is the one piece that they keep advertising. I didn’t even bother to take a picture! :laughing:
Fran commented that she would like to have a pair of these!
Can see why. ::yes::
I took a picture of this for all you sports fans out there….you know who you are.
I recognized it as a championship ring, but without the placard... wouldn't have known which (major) sport it was for.
And the Crown of Loki!
Reminds me... need to watch that series still.
I liked this one a lot, it was the necklace that Elizabeth Swan (played by Keira Knightly) in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie.
I like it tool :thumbsup2
Anyone recognize this guy?
Freddie!
(Although took me a minute. "Looks familiar... why are there people?")

Me too.
But I'm not going to spend time cooking something that no one will eat.

There's that too. Then again there are things that Fran has liked better than I do and I don't plan them as often. There's one that I love that I have to make for just myself because she says it's too spicy for her. I hardly put ANY spice in it the time I made it and she still couldn't eat it. :sad2:

Depends on the dish.
I make my "noodle-bowl" dish fairly often as the family frequently ask for it.

OK. What is this?

Great minds think alike.

No idea why it happened in this case.

:lmao:

Nicely done.
Was the Little Mermaid box used as a prop for animation?

There was a live action Little Mermaid. I think it was one of those things that they broadcast live in the US.

They're crabs! Cool!

::yes::

Never seen it. So... nope.

I've only seen the first one. It's a cool fantasy piece.

You've never seen Titanic???

You must be the only person left alive who hasn't.

:laughing: I don't remember when it came out, but I've never been a person who has been big on going to the movies. It's always so expensive.

I recognized it as a championship ring, but without the placard... wouldn't have known which (major) sport it was for.

I wouldn't have known anything at all if not for the placard. :laughing:

Reminds me... need to watch that series still.

It was good!

I like it tool :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

Freddie!
(Although took me a minute. "Looks familiar... why are there people?")

This is another movie I need to see....

There's one that I love that I have to make for just myself because she says it's too spicy for her. I hardly put ANY spice in it the time I made it and she still couldn't eat it. :sad2:
That's my family. A few weeks ago, Kay made a dish (I was at work that evening) and no one could eat it as it was far too overly spicy/hot.
I ate it all the next day. very mild.
OK. What is this?
It's a layered dish I serve in individual bowls. From bottom to top, rice with some soy or teriyaki sc, asian noodles stir fried with stirfry sc, mixed stirfried veggies (carrot, celery, snap peas, mushrooms, green onion... usually in teriyaki sc), chicken stirfried with black bean sc, shrimp or scallops or crab stirfried with oyster sc or black bean sc, soft poached egg.
There was a live action Little Mermaid. I think it was one of those things that they broadcast live in the US.
ohhhhhh...
I've only seen the first one. It's a cool fantasy piece.
I didn't know they did more than the one... which I never saw.
:laughing: I don't remember when it came out, but I've never been a person who has been big on going to the movies. It's always so expensive.
It must be available on-line now... somewhere.
I wouldn't have known anything at all if not for the placard. :laughing:
So we're in the same boat! :laughing:
This is another movie I need to see....
I liked it. I thought it was better than Rocketman.
Have you seen Yesterday? I've watched it a couple times. (It's available on Prime if you have it.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter