For Pooh sized people thinking about the spa.....

I'm quite happy that this thread got started as well... The main reason I come to the DIS is because the information shared here is so helpful! It is nice to know when you aren't the only one who had an experience onboard.

I will share that the best part about my last experience was that I looked the therapist in the eye right before the massage and said "I know it's your job to try and sell me product afterwards, but I will tell you right now that I'm not buying anything until 24 hours have passed to make sure that I haven't had an allergic reaction to something. So if you'll write down the 'prescription' for me, I'll come back if I want something - but trying to talk me into it before I go is useless. I've had a bad experience before and I just won't do it."
This actually resulted in her writing it down and me escaping the "hard sell" that happened the previous times.
I wasn't lying tho - I've had a horrid experience with a massage oil reacting to my skin! Never want to repeat that! :(

Thanks to this thread tho? If I get handed a robe and told to change in a less-than-private space, I'll be checking the robe size first and refusing to change unless it's going to fit.
I'm stubborn that way! ;)

I'm quite happy that this thread got started as well...

I will share that the best part about my last experience was that I looked the therapist in the eye right before the massage and said "I know it's your job to try and sell me product afterwards, but I will tell you right now that I'm not buying anything until 24 hours have passed to make sure that I haven't had an allergic reaction to something. So if you'll write down the 'prescription' for me, I'll come back if I want something - but trying to talk me into it before I go is useless.

Great idea, I've had allergic reactions too and they're no fun. It's partly why I never had a facial until I was in my mid 40s. I have my facials now at a Medi-Spa that is attached to a dematologist office and they use many fragrance free products.

BTW - I just emailed Steiner's head company in London and told them my concerns and asked for some reassurance. Let's see what they say. And if any of you who had a bad experience want to complain, go to (link) and fill in the form to complain.

Just curious... did you ever hear anything back from them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter