For anytime is food time ... Pooh time. Update 1/30 - Chef Mickey's #214

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am dying to try Boma for breakfast. Sanaa looks yummy too. WCC just doesn't sound good to me. Maybe the shakes, but not the food.

Hi guys....

I just "ate" through your dining update....:thumbsup2

glad to follow along w/ the food as I followed w/ the PTR from DW too.

looking forward to more eats...need to read this after a full tummy huh :rotfl2:

Loving the reviews! We aren't on the DDP for our upcoming trip and I am in awe of some of your totals (especially at WCC -that is a crazy amount to pay for food that is just ok!). But - I am really craving some hummus right now!

Great update....thanks for posting the picture of Goofy...I haven't gotten that picture of Goofy. Where was Goofy located?

Right next to Big Thunder Mountain in Frontierland.

Great pictures. Sanaa looks so nice inside. I can't wait to see it in person. Hope your having a great trip. Looking forward to more pics.

Sanaa is quite beautiful.

wonderful reviews!! your girls are so cute they look like little fairies.

Thanks and thanks.

Love your TR - I'm in!

Welcome.

Enjoying the reviews so far- Hope you have a wonderful vacation!

Thanks.

Oh.... I might have to skip our Boma breakfast next month???:confused3

It would be a shame. I thought it was great. If you're staying near AKL, you should go.

I am dying to try Boma for breakfast. Sanaa looks yummy too. WCC just doesn't sound good to me. Maybe the shakes, but not the food.

Agreed on all counts.

Hi guys....

I just "ate" through your dining update....:thumbsup2

glad to follow along w/ the food as I followed w/ the PTR from DW too.

looking forward to more eats...need to read this after a full tummy huh :rotfl2:

Thanks.

Loving the reviews! We aren't on the DDP for our upcoming trip and I am in awe of some of your totals (especially at WCC -that is a crazy amount to pay for food that is just ok!). But - I am really craving some hummus right now!

Yeah, I'd skip WCC next time. DxDDP is a great value for the amount of food, but I doubt we'd ever order nearly that much if we weren't on DxDDP.

Sign, I miss me some Boma...I wish we could have gotten in yesterday instead of that lousy WCC lunch....

Were you guys at MK on Aug 15? Meeting with Goofy 4-4:30? If we we were right there :goodvibes

Sign, I miss me some Boma...I wish we could have gotten in yesterday instead of that lousy WCC lunch....

Were you guys at MK on Aug 15? Meeting with Goofy 4-4:30? If we we were right there :goodvibes

We were there, but probably more like 6:30.

DDs had ice cream while we rode Everest.
P1060441.jpg

Then we joined them with an ice cream float.
P1060444.jpg

It hit the spot.

I have to admit, I was expecting a lot when we sat down here based on all of the great reviews on the DIS. I am not sure if it quite lived up to my high expectations, it would have been nearly impossible. But I will say that the food was fantastic and the CMs were friendly and efficient. This is a very nice restaurant at WDW.
We arrived for our 5:55pm ADR at 5:45 and we were seated promptly at 5:48. Our server was Omar from Morocco he was very knowledgeable on the menu and very friendly and super patient with the kiddies. Now on the food, the star of the show at Jiko.

Bread & Butter
P1060473.jpg

P1060474.jpg

The bread was a hit with us – two kinds – honey wheat and flaxseed and the butter was a tandoori spiced butter, served room temperature, so it was highly spreadable and delicious.

On the apps
Aurora’s salad
P1060482.jpg

She enjoyed it a lot
P1060486.jpg

Ariel got the carrot sticks, celery an peanut butter, I must of blinked and it was gone.
P1060491.jpg

DW, Mrs. Potts and I all shared the following:

Barbecue Chicken Flatbread
P1060483.jpg

Artisan Cheese Selection
P1060485.jpg

Taste of Africa - Trio of Dips with Assorted Breads and House-made Naan
P1060484.jpg

Our apps were pretty good, but the bbq chicken flatbread was awesome! :worship:

Frankly, the breads and dips were better at Sanaa.

On to the main course
I had the Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon - with Macaroni & Cheese and Red Wine Sauce. It was just as good as the prior reviewers said it was fantastic!
P1060495.jpg

Mrs. Potts got the Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon but subbed veggies for mac and cheese.
P1060496.jpg

DW got the Swahili Curry Shrimp
P1060494.jpg

Aurora got gilled cheese and Ariel got the mac and cheese. Ariel did not like the mac, but ate half the grilled cheese.
P1060492.jpg

P1060493.jpg

Desserts were very strong here. Double mmmm.
First they brought out a freebie for Mrs. Potts birthday - Pistachio Creme Brulee
P1060497.jpg

Smores (kid’s menu)
P1060502.jpg

Pear pastry
P1060503.jpg

Tanzanian Chocolate Cheesecake
P1060504.jpg

Chocolate Fondue (kid’s menu)
P1060505.jpg

Kenyan Coffe Ice Cream with Spiced Donuts
P1060506.jpg

The food was great, but the service made on major mistake, they served the entrees before clearing the apps, so I gave Jiko 4 stars.

DW gave Jiko 4.5 stars

Mrs. Potts gave Jiko 4.5 stars

Total score 13/15 stars

Total cost without DxDDP $220

After Jiko, what else could we do but go to Goofy's Candy Co. for a snack:rotfl2:.

As you can see we haven't eaten them yet. That's the counter in our villa.

P1060517.jpg

Looks so yummy!
We have a Sannaa lunch and a Jikko dinner scheduled during our upcoming trip, though on different days. I've been kind of worried that they might be too similar. Did you find it to be different enough to make it worth trying both?

Thanks for another wonderful update. My husband had that curry shrimp and loved it. Your DDs are so adorable. When we ate there my son ate his salad but only half his meal...I guess he got filled from the salad and wanted dessert.

This morning we had breakfast at Norway. For some reason, I remembered it being better. We had an 8:25 ADR, we arrived at 8:25, but we weren’t seated until 9.
Our server was Synne from Oslo. She started off strong, but disappeared towards the end.
This meal is half buffet (cold stuff) and pre-plated (hot stuff). Here are the pics:
P1060547.jpg

– Not really enough eggs for 5 people, we needed a refill right off the bat.
P1060548.jpg

P1060549.jpg

P1060550.jpg

Here are the princesses we met.
P1060533.jpg

P1060552.jpg

P1060555.jpg

P1060538.jpg

P1060542.jpg
Is Mary Poppins really a princess? Maybe she’s been hired on to handle all the little princes and princesses.

Overall, we were a bit disappointed as the storybook breakfast did not live up our memories of it. On the bright side, both DD’s favorite princesses were there, so that’s a definite plus.
I gave it 2 stars, DW and Mrs. Potts each gave it 3 stars for a total of 8/15 stars.
Cost would have been $139.47

This morning we had breakfast at Norway. For some reason, I remembered it being better. We had an 8:25 ADR, we arrived at 8:25, but we weren’t seated until 9.
Our server was Synne from Oslo. She started off strong, but disappeared towards the end.
This meal is half buffet (cold stuff) and pre-plated (hot stuff). Here are the pics:
P1060547.jpg

– Not really enough eggs for 5 people, we needed a refill right off the bat.
P1060548.jpg

P1060549.jpg

P1060550.jpg

Here are the princesses we met.
P1060533.jpg

P1060552.jpg

P1060555.jpg

P1060538.jpg

P1060542.jpg
Is Mary Poppins really a princess? Maybe she’s been hired on to handle all the little princes and princesses.

Overall, we were a bit disappointed as the storybook breakfast did not live up our memories of it. On the bright side, both DD’s favorite princesses were there, so that’s a definite plus.
I gave it 2 stars, DW and Mrs. Potts each gave it 3 stars for a total of 8/15 stars.
Cost would have been $139.47

Great pictures...loving your updates.popcorn::

We bought a cotton candy to share right before using our fast passes for Soarin'.
P1060570.jpg

The we hit Yorkshire County Fish Shop for a Chips (sans fish) a great use of a snack credit.

P1060572.jpg

Later in the afternoon, DW and the girls hit the Boulangerie Patisserie for pastries
P1060591.jpg

P1060592.jpg

Biergarten was a blast and a great surprise. Biergarten had been on my list of places to try, but it always got vetoed by DW. We are so glad we finally go there. The food was much better than expected and there were a lot of choices. I would definitely recommend you try this place. We had 6:30 ADR and arrived at 6:20 to see a very long line at the check-in desk and didn’t check in until 6:40. We were seated quickly after checking in at about 6:43. Our server was Gretel from Bremen and she was fantastic. She kept our drinks flowing and our used plates from piling up. We were seated with a family of 3 from Iowa. They were very friendly and my DDs really chatted up Annie (the mom).
Here are some pics of the grub:
P1060627.jpg

P1060628.jpg

P1060629.jpg

P1060630.jpg

P1060631.jpg

P1060649.jpg

P1060650.jpg

They were out of large glasses, so I had a small beer :rotfl:
P1060632.jpg

DW wanted to get in on the beer action
P1060633.jpg

The band was fun and the girls even got into the act.
P1060647.jpg

P1060643.jpg

We all gave Biergarten 4.5 stars for a total of 13.5/15 stars. This is an incredibly fun time. You should go there.

Without DxDDP it woiuld have cost $130.95

Thanks for the awesome reviews. Your girls are too cute, loved the pic to them dancing at Biergarten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter