For all my "Pending" peeps!

Lukas87

Mouseketeer
Hey guys!

I interviewed in the first week of Feb and got a pending letter. Im guessing its because I only selected Hospitality, FSFB, and attractions. I am still waitin for an answer... about 7 weeks later, and was curious who else was pending?

Post if you get a pending letter. If you did, what roles did you pick? How long ago did you get the pending letter? And have you heard back yet? Im curious if they have started to send out answers to those of us that are pending! If so, what role did you get? Im wondering if they had selective spots open up for us pending folks, or if they are just dumping us into QSFB or something.

We are quickly approaching our April 17th deadline, and im getting nervous! I really hoped I would have heard back well before then, but it doesnt look like thats going to happen.

im pending got my letter about a week after my interview (march 13) have been waiting ever since. I applied fall 09 for lifeguard recreation, and transportation. i cant concentrate in school anymore(not that i was good at it before now its none exsistant) ive tryed to add more roles but my recruiter email doesnt exsist any more apperently i emailed the main recruiting center on friday but have heard nothing so im just going to call them soon...thats my story

Yeah, I have had bad luck emailing them as well. I have emailed the main college recruiting address and never gotten a response. They arent really on the ball when it comes to answering emails it seems.

I interviewed on March 11th and got a pending letter about a week after.

I disagree with you that we're "quickly" approaching the deadline. I don't think I've ever felt time move this slowly. ;)

I'm still waiting to hear if I'm in the Summer Alumni program! I applied sometime in late January, got a letter in early March saying I was on hold because there were so many applications, and almost gave up until about five days ago when I got an e-mail saying there was still roles available in QSFB and Custodial. I replied immediately and am waiting to hear back. I'm so anxious! My check-in date would be May 18th if I get in, so there's not much time left. I want to go so badly. :'(

I interviewed on March 15th, got a letter dated March 20th, Postmarked the 23rd, I received it on the 26th.

I applied for Attractions, Character Attendant, and Main Entrance Ops. as my top 3.. I did also have FSFB and QSFB.. I did say if I could do the other 3 I would much rather, because right now I work in restaurants, and after like 4 years of doing so I want to try something else... BUUUTTT if it was a matter of me not getting into the program I would do it. I really thought my interview went well.

However, she seemed surprised about the fact I never dormed @ school. Do you think that and what I posted above could have hurt my chances? Because I am wondering if maybe THATS why they are taking so long to give me an answer -- Too much change at once maybe??

However, she seemed surprised about the fact I never dormed @ school. Do you think that and what I posted above could have hurt my chances? Because I am wondering if maybe THATS why they are taking so long to give me an answer -- Too much change at once maybe??

Well like you I don't dorm, I live at home and have never been away from my family, granted I have 7 people in my 4bedroom house, I haven't been on my own with roomies. I was honest and told her I could deal during my interview.

Unlike you, I have been a host for 3 yrs and I'm the host trainer at P.F Chang's so my first choice was FSFB, I love hosting and restaurant work. So it probably didn't hurt any that I was familar with my role.

Needless to say I was accepted in exactly 2 weeks from my interview. So I don't think the lack of dorming had any effect. Good luck :thumbsup2

Hey guys!

I interviewed in the first week of Feb and got a pending letter. Im guessing its because I only selected Hospitality, FSFB, and attractions. I am still waitin for an answer... about 7 weeks later, and was curious who else was pending?

Post if you get a pending letter. If you did, what roles did you pick? How long ago did you get the pending letter? And have you heard back yet? Im curious if they have started to send out answers to those of us that are pending! If so, what role did you get? Im wondering if they had selective spots open up for us pending folks, or if they are just dumping us into QSFB or something.

We are quickly approaching our April 17th deadline, and im getting nervous! I really hoped I would have heard back well before then, but it doesnt look like thats going to happen.

Hi! My daughter is still waiting for answer also. I really feel for all of you who are still waiting. She interviewed on 2/28 and received a pending letter on 3/10. She emailed her recruiter about a week and a half ago but has not had a response from her. Do you have any idea why they make some of you guys wait so long??? I see so many people getting accepted so fast and I cant understand why some of you have to deal with the frustration of waiting so long for an answer! I know they're busy, but I just feel bad for all of you who havent heard and are wondering whats in store for your future. Good Luck to all of you and I hope that they hire each and every one of you who've had to wait so long. One thing you're all proving is that you've certainly been patient-- not by choice, but you all deserve it on the basis of your patience!!

Hello everyone :],

I also received the pending letter about a week after my interview. I interviewed on March 09 and its been 4 weeks already. :[, I actually received two of those pending letters LOL :laughing: I thought the 2nd one was a rejection letter.... LOL =_= So basically i received 1 pending letter 1 week after my interview, and another pending letter 2 weeks after my interview. My top 3 choices were: hospitality, full service food n bev, and attractions (but I also checked off a bunch of other roles, as possible choices on my role checklist, I think I picked 6 or more). I am a senior hospitality major, and during the interview, I was basically only asked questions for hospitality. AHHH... this wait is killing me!! I check my mailbox everyday in hopes of getting that big WHITE ENVELOPE WITH THE PURPLE FOLDER, but it still hasn't come :[. I agree with you guys, April 17 seems SO FAR AWAY (although its only 8 days away now), BLAH! I hope we all make it, and I really hope they don't make us wait any longer than 04/17 for the final decision!

i have a feeling that we will all find out next friday unfortunitly since its only like 7 days away now and i have contacted my recruiter and heard nothing

im pending got my letter about a week after my interview (march 13) have been waiting ever since. I applied fall 09 for lifeguard recreation, and transportation. i cant concentrate in school anymore(not that i was good at it before now its none exsistant) ive tryed to add more roles but my recruiter email doesnt exsist any more apperently i emailed the main recruiting center on friday but have heard nothing so im just going to call them soon...thats my story

Same story. I received a pending letter about a week after as well (somewhere around the week beginning 3/9). I applied for Attractions, Character Attendant, Main Gate, Merch, and Photopass. My interviewer asked if I would consider QSFB and I said sure!
I'm currently working as an intern at a CPA firm, so this is our busy season... just as it ends, the date we should be hearing from them is drawing closer as well. I tried to add more roles also, and my recruiter is no longer there apparently. Tried calling the number in the e-mail and it sounds like a fax line. Tried e-mailing the main e-mail, no response. Just found the main office's number, but it's most likely too late.
I'm super disappointed, this is something I really wanted to do and now seems as if I won't be able to participate (graduating in May, have a job lined up beginning in the new year - just in time for busy season :rotfl:) I'm not entirely sure if they'd be willing to hold off on an offer while I trot down to WDW. (In all honesty, if all went well, I probably wouldn't come back. So maybe it's good if I was rejected. But ouch, what a blow to my dreams... haha)
Definitely trying to look on the bright side. I didn't plan on telling anyone, just so that if I was rejected, no one would know. One day, I just blurted it out to someone in my program at school, and so now it seems every week she asks me if I've been accepted or not. Every time I say to her, "Don't you think if I heard, I'd have told you by now?!" Heh...

mmmbop, do you have Jannah as your recruiter? Because I do, and I've been having the same issues with contacting her... phone number appears to be a fax number, and my e-mails come back undeliverable (although the same address worked when I e-mailed her a month ago...). So weird. According to other people I've talked to, they've been having the same problem, and I heard that some people who had Jannah have been reassigned new recruiters... this is the first I've heard about that, but I left a message with the main casting office so hopefully they'll get back to me on that. It's just been really frustrating because I auditioned for character performer two weeks ago in Chicago and I'm the only person I know of who auditioned then and still hasn't heard back... :-/ Anyway, I would just suggest leaving a message with the main office and maybe e-mailing too (wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com), hopefully they can get you (and me!) hooked up with another recruiter! Good luck!

Yes Alex, that's my recruiter! I e-mailed her earlier as well, and all went through fine. I just checked the boards and saw people also had the same problem, and many were reassigned. I already e-mailed wdw.college.recruiting@disney.com (no response), and just found the phone number and saw the hours -- didn't think they'd have a messaging system, but I suppose I better do it while it's "fresh" on my mind!
Good luck, Alex!! :)

Hey guys and gals, if I was you I'd email aftet the holiday or call college recruiting. Good luck to all of you =)!!

Wow it sounds like you guys are really have a hard time. I know that it seemed like it took forever to find out what was going on with mine, I know that I have Christie, but one thing that you guys can do is call this number, and just dial 0 and you will get the main office for college recruiting. Tell them that you would like to know why your status is still pending, right now there aren't many positions available. They recruit heavily for QSFB and Custodial, when you call them let them know that you are receptive to more than just the roles you selected, and try to be super friendly. For those of you who selected Hospitality, they only choose those who are Hospitality/Hotel, Restaurant, Tourism Management. So just let them know that you are available to more roles. Also keep smiling, I have bitter-sweet news, we are in a tough economy and it is much easier for disney to take on college students, pay them minimal with no benefits, than to keep on several full-time employees. They will be laying off many full-time employees, and hiring many college students! I know its sad for the full-time employees, but it kinda helps

Wow it sounds like you guys are really have a hard time. I know that it seemed like it took forever to find out what was going on with mine, I know that I have Christie, but one thing that you guys can do is call this number, and just dial 0 and you will get the main office for college recruiting. Tell them that you would like to know why your status is still pending, right now there aren't many positions available. They recruit heavily for QSFB and Custodial, when you call them let them know that you are receptive to more than just the roles you selected, and try to be super friendly. For those of you who selected Hospitality, they only choose those who are Hospitality/Hotel, Restaurant, Tourism Management. So just let them know that you are available to more roles. Also keep smiling, I have bitter-sweet news, we are in a tough economy and it is much easier for disney to take on college students, pay them minimal with no benefits, than to keep on several full-time employees. They will be laying off many full-time employees, and hiring many college students! I know its sad for the full-time employees, but it kinda helps

The number you mention, is it 1-800-722-2930 (the one on the letter)?

I wasnt pending, but I hadnt heard anything at all since my interview... I applied for FA on March 18th, so I called today and foudn out that a decision was made late last week and that I should have something in a couple of days. She assured me that I was "fine" though, so it definitely pays to call and ask. :D

Good Luck to all of you who are still waiting for a response...

my recruiter just called me while i was in class so i will be calling her back now so hopefully it is good news

yeah for all you pending folks... bad news... called disney today, and now odds are we won't be hearing anything until AFTER the 17th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter