• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"For a limited time, DVC members can enjoy savings on annual passes"

jodifla

WDW lover since 1972
Anyone seen this on the dvcmember site? The wording is worrisome.

Membership Magic Savings on Select Annual Passes
Delight in Park Pass Magic! For a limited time, Disney Vacation Club Members can enjoy special savings on select Walt Disney World and Disneyland Annual Passes.

I need to buy mine and was waiting till they announced a price increase or a deal.

I hope this a deal!

To me, the price looks the same as the discount has always been. It's the "limited time" caveat that's new.

Where on the MS site are you seeing this? I looked under Member Experiences and Special Offers and don't see anything?

It's on the home page in the righthand bottom corner. It has a picture of a golden key with it.

Where on the MS site are you seeing this? I looked under Member Experiences and Special Offers and don't see anything?

Front page bottom right.

Membership Magic Savings on Select Annual Passes
Delight in Park Pass Magic! For a limited time, Disney Vacation Club Members can enjoy special savings on select Walt Disney World and Disneyland Annual Passes. Learn More Link for Membership Magic Savings on Select Annual Passes

It's on the home page in the righthand bottom corner. It has a picture of a golden key with it.

Found it. It's strange how on the front page it says "limited time", but when you go to the full page, it doesn't give a deadline to purchase by.

Edit to add...maybe by 'Limited time" they mean limited time at this price as passes and tickets may be going up soon?

Perhaps they are just wording it that way so that people won't be surprised if the discount changes or goes away. It is not a permanent "perk" of membership so they may have just decided to change the wording. I agree that this is nothing new, but the new wording may indicate something in the works. I really can't imagine the AP discount going away completely without some other ticket discount coming down the pipe.

I think as DVC "ages", more of the long-time members may start to shy away from the parks and take more time to enjoy the resorts. The price of park tickets are going up at an astronomical rate and eventually, they will "price out" the DVC members. We paid $300 for 6-day PH in 2012 (via UCT) and those same tickets are now $380:scared1:! That's a 25% increase in only 2 years. At this rate, we will not be able to afford park tickets within the next 5 years:sad1:. At that point, I will still be satisfied with my DVC membership at AKV because I love that resort and there are plenty of things for me to do without setting foot in the parks. My vacations will become significantly cheaper and we will be able to take the time to enjoy the pool, movies, and dining, not to mention golf, fishing, horseback riding and all of the other things that WDW has to offer:goodvibes.

It will be interesting if it goes away as for our family things will change. We only stay and enjoy Disney but if APs price us out we will venture offsite and only use Disney as a base. We have been so many times I don't see us spending our cash on day tickets. We like the perceived value the APs give us without the thought of walking through the gate today cost us $xx amount. This perception allows us to relax more and look at WDW as one huge resort for us to enjoy.

We feel the APs are an ok value and it keeps us onsite especially the recent PAP deals, no reason to leave the Disney bubble and spend more cash. We actually make multiple trips including adult only trips to Disney as we feel with APs our entertainment is already paid.

Hummm. The wording IS worrisome. I just spoke to MS a couple of days ago with a few questions about the trip we just started planning, some were about buying AP's - we need new ones and I wasn't sure how that affected making FP+ ressies etc. (we had only used FP+ once - last January and at that time we still had AP's from a previous trip so I wasn't sure what I needed to do and when). The CM told me I at least need my AP vouchers by 60 days out in order to make FP+ reservations. I also worry about pending price increases so want to keep my eyes open to anything price related until I am ready to order them. She did mention the special short-term deal they offered last winter where the Premium AP was actually cheaper than the regular AP. I asked if she was hinting that they might offer such a good deal again and she insisted she knew nothing but said I should check and watch often in the near future as "you never know" - just like you never know when the prices might go up. I think the last time we bought AP's the member discount was still only $100 - the $149 was a new perk to me when I saw it. Maybe they're planning to revert back to only $100?! Maybe that's why it says "for a limited time"?:scared:

The last Disney ticket price increase was 2-23-14 so I wouldn't be surprised if there's another one right around the corner. I already bought an AP voucher to use later this year.

It is still listed in the perks section under tickets & tours and the perks page now has an expiration date of 12-31-15. Of course there is the standard disclaimer wording.

They may have replaced the wording for the 4 day ticket with this AP wording on the home page.

Perhaps they are just wording it that way so that people won't be surprised if the discount changes or goes away. It is not a permanent "perk" of membership so they may have just decided to change the wording. I agree that this is nothing new, but the new wording may indicate something in the works. I really can't imagine the AP discount going away completely without some other ticket discount coming down the pipe.

I think as DVC "ages", more of the long-time members may start to shy away from the parks and take more time to enjoy the resorts. The price of park tickets are going up at an astronomical rate and eventually, they will "price out" the DVC members. We paid $300 for 6-day PH in 2012 (via UCT) and those same tickets are now $380:scared1:! That's a 25% increase in only 2 years. At this rate, we will not be able to afford park tickets within the next 5 years:sad1:. At that point, I will still be satisfied with my DVC membership at AKV because I love that resort and there are plenty of things for me to do without setting foot in the parks. My vacations will become significantly cheaper and we will be able to take the time to enjoy the pool, movies, and dining, not to mention golf, fishing, horseback riding and all of the other things that WDW has to offer:goodvibes.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Disney cut the AP discount. They recently made significant cuts to club 33 member benefits. Disney may think DVC members have made a long term investment…they’ll pay the AP going rate.

I think cutting the perk would be a mistake for Disney. I was on Universals website checking out the annual pass prices and it looks like a great deal. You can buy an annual pass that includes free valet parking and front of the line access for less than Disneys discounted AP.

I would jump ship for one year to try Universals free valet parking and front line access annual passes. I would still enjoy my prepaid stay at DVC resorts…I would spend my money outside the parks exploring other attractions in the area.

The last Disney ticket price increase was 2-23-14 so I wouldn't be surprised if there's another one right around the corner. I already bought an AP voucher to use later this year.

It is still listed in the perks section under tickets & tours and the perks page now has an expiration date of 12-31-15. Of course there is the standard disclaimer wording.

They may have replaced the wording for the 4 day ticket with this AP wording on the home page.

Was there any warning of the last price increase coming or did it just HAPPEN one day?

Was there any warning of the last price increase coming or did it just HAPPEN one day?

AFAIK in all previous years there was information that the price increase was coming in a couple of days but not last year if I recall correctly. edit - I looked it up and it was announced on Saturday for a Sunday increase last Feb. And it came after a previous increase 6 to 8 months earlier.

Purely speculation but I suspect it's just careless wording on the website. If DVC were making changes to the AP program, there would seem to be two ways to go about it:

1) Communicate a specific end date and then start using the "limited time" disclaimer leading up to the discount's expiration.

2) Spring it on members with no warning.

I really don't see the point of mysteriously foreshadowing a change with the "limited time" tag. As this thread shows, it just creates confusion and anxiety. Either they want members to know about a change or they don't. No reason to make people try to read between the lines.

The perks pages have been 2015 dates throughout. The AP discount remains available today with that info making no reference to an end date. I suspect the homepage AP note sloppily carried-over some language from the $199 MYW offer which ended on 12/31/14.

Purely speculation but I suspect .....(snip)....... the homepage AP note sloppily carried-over some language from the $199 MYW offer which ended on 12/31/14.

As an extensive user of "cut and paste". I agree with you, LOL.

I think "for a limited time" simply allows Disney to keep their options open. If they decide to come up with a different promotion or pricing schedule, they can discontinue the current one with no notice. If people complain, they have an out "That discount was only available for a limited time." This also allows them to increase costs/decrease benefits "As a response to member feedback!";)

I think "for a limited time" simply allows Disney to keep their options open. If they decide to come up with a different promotion or pricing schedule, they can discontinue the current one with no notice. If people complain, they have an out "That discount was only available for a limited time." This also allows them to increase costs/decrease benefits "As a response to member feedback!";)

They may also be trying to get more sales. When you see it's a "limited time" you think you need to buy ASAP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter