FoP FP+ Opened up for 9/29

dlaushey

Mouseketeer
I missed (as expected) getting a FP+ for FoP at 30 days out (off site guest). I've been checking pretty regularly with no luck and was just planning to do rope drop. However today, 1 week out, I was able to get my FP+ for FoP. It appears there are quite a few openings for that day now.

2 Questions:
Do they normally open up more FP+ 7 days out? or is something else going on to open it up?

How do I work in Na'vi in my day, do I try that for Rope Drop or should I still go for FoP so I can get 2 rides and experience the stand by que as well as the FP que. Then when is the best time to ride Na'vi via stand by?

Thanks!

Also, this same thing happened a few days ago for most dates in October. But times were limited between 6-8pm

It's unclear exactly what is going on, but they do seem to be doing something "new" with FoP. One speculation is that when people cancel the FPs do not immediately enter back into the pool, but are released en masse at some point later. There are also reports of new FoP FPs being available day of. Whatever it is, seems to be unusual and only done with FoP.

Navi is pretty steady at 60-ish minutes the entire day, after rope drop. Whether you want to try for FoP twice (it's an amazing ride!) or do 1 FoP and 1 NRJ is a personal decision. I didn't love NRJ, but my family did.

It's unclear exactly what is going on, but they do seem to be doing something "new" with FoP. One speculation is that when people cancel the FPs do not immediately enter back into the pool, but are released en masse at some point later. There are also reports of new FoP FPs being available day of. Whatever it is, seems to be unusual and only done with FoP.

Navi is pretty steady at 60-ish minutes the entire day, after rope drop. Whether you want to try for FoP twice (it's an amazing ride!) or do 1 FoP and 1 NRJ is a personal decision. I didn't love NRJ, but my family did.

Yes another group I'm in says you can get a FP for FOP the day of at 10:37am. Not sure how true this is but they all seem to have success with it.

Thank so for posting this! This made me go check for our dates, Oct 8 a 13th, and there a FOP FP+s available all day every day. I was able Tom get one for each of the days we'll be at AK at the times I wanted.

They extend hours then more fps are put out. But no they don't hold FP's to release at 30 days or 7 days out

This is very cool!

\How do I work in Na'vi in my day, do I try that for Rope Drop or should I still go for FoP so I can get 2 rides and experience the stand by que as well as the FP que. Then when is the best time to ride Na'vi via stand by?

I did FoP as standby at rope drop (make sure you are there early - if you are running behind, skip it as it will suck up your whole morning if you are behind the crowd). Afterwards, we had a 5-10 min wait for Na'vi River Journey via standby.

I also did FoP again later with FP+ - it is such an amazing ride, I'd highly recommend it.

This I knew, but there are FP+s from 9AM all the way through close available now, not just for the extended hours.
Because when hours are extended people move plans around. Moved plans also equal moved FP

Today was our 60 day mark, at 7am nothing for FOP for our 6 day trip. Did some re-checking at 11 and found FOP FP+for all days of our trip at just about any time! Friends have an October trip planned so I texted them and they were able to book a FOP for mid October as well. DD just said there are several available for tomorrow as well so it pays to check often if you can :)

Wide open for 11/14 also. Very surprised...had been checking everyday. I only had two for my husband and I. I hadn't renewed DD annual pass and we were at BWV during Irma and forgot she didn't have an active ticket when I needed to book them. Very excited we can all ride together. Rode it during DVC event on September 6th and loved it. Was worried since I have back issues but I was fine.

Glad I was reading through today! Just moved our 3 groups to a much similar time. Woo HOO!!

Yeah it almost seems like a glitch. I have been checking every day for weeks to move our time and occasionally 1 would pop up. Today can get just about any time we wanted any day of our trip.

Yeah it almost seems like a glitch. I have been checking every day for weeks to move our time and occasionally 1 would pop up. Today can get just about any time we wanted any day of our trip.

That's what I'm worried about - end of October has a TON of fast passes...big oops the part of Disney if they try to take these away!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter