Food you like but your family won't eat

My list is probably big. My family is picky and I love trying new things.

Sushi
Poke
Seafood
Filipino cuisine
Most vegetables (dd will eat most veggies too)
Soups - dh thinks soup is an appetizer not a main course, but he won’t eat most soups because they have veggies in it. I love soup and the heartier the better. My fave is New England clam chowder. Kids are hit and miss on the soups I make.
Greek / Mediterranean cuisine
Hummus
Olives
Yogurt
Vietnamese cuisine - love a good bowl of pho. Luckily some of the local Asian restaurants serve Vietnamese, Chinese or Thai food together.

Luckily I have coworkers who aren’t picky so if I am craving something my family doesn’t like, we go get it for lunch. I recently tried Poke for the first time and it was quite good.

I'm sort of a foodie but everyone else is basically meat & potatoes--PLAIN, no funny sauces or toppings. So I eat or would eat lots of things that no one else will touch. The category of "Anything that comes from water--fish, seafood, etc" is on the no fly list for them.

My son told me today that the pork roast I made was too flavorful. I made an herb rub and me and dh liked it but we had to cut the skin off for the kids.

My list is probably big. My family is picky and I love trying new things.

Sushi
Poke
Seafood
Filipino cuisine
Most vegetables (dd will eat most veggies too)
Soups - dh thinks soup is an appetizer not a main course, but he won’t eat most soups because they have veggies in it. I love soup and the heartier the better. My fave is New England clam chowder. Kids are hit and miss on the soups I make.
Greek / Mediterranean cuisine
Hummus
Olives
Yogurt
Vietnamese cuisine - love a good bowl of pho. Luckily some of the local Asian restaurants serve Vietnamese, Chinese or Thai food together.

Luckily I have coworkers who aren’t picky so if I am craving something my family doesn’t like, we go get it for lunch. I recently tried Poke for the first time and it was quite good.
We are lucky, we have Vietnamese, Thai, Korean, Chinese, ramen shops, all within a couple of miles, love soup.

Gazpacho, it’s all good, more for me! My favorite summer meal.

I won’t eat pancakes for breakfast (or anything sweet), but love them every now and then for dinner (with a side of sausage).

I have five kids, and now they all love sushi, avocados (always have them in the house for egg sandwiches, so pricy), Indian food, shrimp, but most wont eat hot dogs - every now and then I want a hot dog! Dd16 won’t eat anything made with ground beef, chicken, or turkey. Only DH, dd21 and I like black bean soup. DH and I eat everything (but I don’t really like chicken nuggets, Mac and cheese, or fried food).

I sound like your kids. I haven't had a hot dog since the same time I last had pancakes. It's pretty easy to get around it. I love brats though.

I love hearing about everyone's eating habits and all the food traditions. Its so fun!

Chicken parm or spaghetti. They are not big on pasta, red sauced pasta mostly, but not big on any pasta.
French toast.

DH and DS-20 will eat those- and will eat almost anything- but those above they aren't stoked about and my twin DDs-18 won't eat those above at all. DDs also won't eat grilled cheese or jelly (like PB&J).
DS won't eat veges all that much, aside from potatoes.

Last edited:
My list is very long. I was always the more adventurous eater in my family. Just to pick one thing, Curry Chicken.

Pepper... I like to cover stuff in pepper, everybody else seems to not like pepper. I also seem to be the only one in the house that likes scrambled eggs.

I could eat a bag of lima beans for dinner. My husband and son won't touch them.
Same with asparagus and English peas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter