Food you like but your family won't eat

If I like something, I fix it. They can eat it, go hungry or fill up on the things they like. That said, DH doesn't like peas, beets or sauerkraut, but he's learning to eat them. I try to make them in a way that he will prefer. DS is like me & will try anything. He does try to eat healthy, which I think is good, so I try to be mindful of that.

Food you like but your family won't eat

Avocado
Liver & onions
Asparagus
Artichoke
Mushrooms

Last edited:
DS and I will eat about anything. Dh and Dd are both picky. The strangest thing they won’t eat are pancakes. Who won’t eat pancakes? Dd told me her roommates went to ihop and she was disappointed because it’s hard to even watch people eat them.

Not sure there is anything because I’m a picky eater. Not to the point where I only eat nuggets and fries but I definitely check out menus online before going to a new restaurant to find something I’ll like.

Vegemite is a very hot topic in our family. Me, my daughter, my sister, and my dad love it. My mom, two brothers, their girlfriends, my husband, and sisters husband are all in the no category.

ETA- thought of a weird one. Growing up I would eat peanut butter and sprinkle sandwiches. I’d eat the long coloured ones but the small balls were the best. If we had sprinkles I’d eat one now lol

In Australia it is called fairy bread and is just margarine/butter with sprinkles (hundreds and thousands). I took it a step further with the peanut butter.

My whole post is filling @jevs with disgust LOL

DS and I will eat about anything. Dh and Dd are both picky. The strangest thing they won’t eat are pancakes. Who won’t eat pancakes? Dd told me her roommates went to ihop and she was disappointed because it’s hard to even watch people eat them.

I don't hate pancakes to the point I can't watch others eat them, but it's probably been 25 years since I ate sweet things at breakfast. I loved it as a kid, but at some point, other than yogurt and fruit, I got out of sweet stuff for breakfast.

I'm single, if I want cereal for dinner, or to cook something extravagant, I can:) I eat with and cook for my folks a good bit and we have very similar tastes. My dad won't eat beautiful multi-colored roasted beets and I forget it every single year when beets are out. I have to remember not to make things SUPER spicy when I cook for my mom.

Not sure there is anything because I’m a picky eater. Not to the point where I only eat nuggets and fries but I definitely check out menus online before going to a new restaurant to find something I’ll like.

Vegemite is a very hot topic in our family. Me, my daughter, my sister, and my dad love it. My mom, two brothers, their girlfriends, my husband, and sisters husband are all in the no category.

ETA- thought of a weird one. Growing up I would eat peanut butter and sprinkle sandwiches. I’d eat the long coloured ones but the small balls were the best. If we had sprinkles I’d eat one now lol

In Australia it is called fairy bread and is just margarine/butter with sprinkles (hundreds and thousands). I took it a step further with the peanut butter.

I can’t believe we’re friends with your disgusting food likes :sad2:

DH hates sweet peppers and although I've learned to cook without them, I still feel like something's missing from a lot of dishes. Even the smell bugs him so I can't just have him pick them out, nor do I order dishes with them in restaurants unless he's not with me. (I've been known to eat whole raw peppers like apples at work though.)

Liver. Beef or chicken.

Which cracks me up, because my wife loves Braunschweiger, which is (port) liver sausage.

DH will eat pretty much anything I cook, but he doesn't like mushrooms, beets, liver, clams, or oysters. DD24 (who now has her own home) didn't eat any meat or fish until she was 16, and she also wouldn't eat any of the things listed for DH. She now eats mushrooms, beets, most meats, scallops, sometimes some fish (but not often). There are a few things that I love but they won't eat- bread pudding, rutabaga, cooked cauliflower. Of course, I also really enjoy organ meats- liver, kidney, heart, gizzard, brain, sweetbreads- but I wouldn't ever ask anyone to eat those!

Last edited:
My DGD wont eat cheese unless it's atop pizza:(.
Her father wont eat any fish unless it's in a can and denies I ever served him fresh fish. KK...it's true I told him the fresh fish was chicken but but- fine I'll own it; I ruined your life. .

The man will eat anchovies but refuses to try smoked eel.
Sometimes I think I know too many weird people who wouldn't do well in Biafra......

Last edited:

OMG Fairy Bread!!!:love:

Rutabagas
Cooked broccoli
Roasted asparagus
Roasted cherry tomatoes
Oysters

The veggies I just cook the ones I like for me and something they like for them. The oysters I only eat out. Too much trouble to fry just for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter