Food Prices at Busch Gardens Williamsburg Va

bigsis1970

Thanksgiving,a Birthday & our Anniversary 2017!
If this isn't the correct forum please move me - thanks...

Hi, I am getting close to my trip as you can see by my ticker and want to be sure I planned enough $$ in the budget for food... $500 for 7 days including the travel day down and travel day back and 5 days there as we are driving.

we are a party of 2 adults and 2 Teens (DD 16 & DS 13) we get free Continental Bfast at our hotels and we plan on going to the Grocery store or Super Walmart to buy some food - lunch fixings/room snacks - so reallly have to only worry about 1 meal a day and snacks/drinks in the park. We will bring soda/drinks & some dry snack from home. We do not need to eat in the parks everyday - I know there is a Golden Corral close by with I understand has a buffet for abou $10 per person and also and Ihop which isn't too expensive either.

let me know what you think.. Thanks Michelle

i have not been, but am also going next month..i would plan on 700.00 - teens eat alot!

If this isn't the correct forum please move me - thanks...

Hi, I am getting close to my trip as you can see by my ticker and want to be sure I planned enough $$ in the budget for food... $500 for 7 days including the travel day down and travel day back and 5 days there as we are driving.

we are a party of 2 adults and 2 Teens (DD 16 & DS 13) we get free Continental Bfast at our hotels and we plan on going to the Grocery store or Super Walmart to buy some food - lunch fixings/room snacks - so reallly have to only worry about 1 meal a day and snacks/drinks in the park. We will bring soda/drinks & some dry snack from home. We do not need to eat in the parks everyday - I know there is a Golden Corral close by with I understand has a buffet for abou $10 per person and also and Ihop which isn't too expensive either.

let me know what you think.. Thanks Michelle

We were at Busch Gardens last week. I'd say you need to budget for more than $500. Lunch for my family of 2 adults and 2 children )8 and 11) was a little over $30. That was for fish and chips, a burger and fries, 2 kids meals, 2 soft drinks and a bowl of fruit. We ate breakfast and dinner in our condo, but event then, we probably spent over $500 in meals for a week.

Are you including the cost of your Walmart stocking in your $500? I would agree that you might want to go up a bit(more like $700 at least)

We've had season passes for years and are going this weekend. Our hotel has free breakfast so I don't count those. Lunch will be in the parks. We typically spent about $50 per day for lunches and drinks through out the day. We always eat in Italy, for two chicken parm meals, one cheeseticks, one pudding and three drinks typically costs us $30.

We plan to eat dinner outside of the parks each night. Pizza is always an inexpensive option for our family, even though we always get a ceasar salad, pizza and four drinks. Golden Corral is also decently priced...but we don't care for those type places. A meal of KFC brought back to the hotel to be eaten pool side is another affordable dinner option. Not terribly healthy, but affordable!

We stayed in a condo in Williamsburg last month. We only went to BG one day, but the cost of food in the park was HIGH. Maybe they have cheaper locations, but we ate in Germany and it was pricey for 4 adults. We learned - share an entree. You can always go get more if you need to. :thumbsup2

We did go to the near grocery store and stocked up, but it seemed like on vacation we just did not feel like cooking. We snacked and ate breakfast in, but everything else we ate out although we had good intentions. :goodvibes

Not really about food, but you can request free ice water at any food service stop at Bush Gardens.

which places do u recommend to eat while at Busch Gardens? We'll be in Busch Gardens for 1 full day where do u recommend eating?

HOw about Water Country? any good places to eat there?

If you want to get out of the heat I would suggest Festhaus, in germany. It's an air conditioned restaurant. They serve brat's, hotdogs, pizza and turkey wraps. Honestly, the wrap is so large you could split it. I never finish a whole one. The pizza is personal pan size. Tip: the new owners of Busch Gardens have added a little coffee cafe inside festhaus just past the main food area that serves sandwiches and such. Generally there are only one or two people in line there compared to the long lines at counter service.

Trappers Smoke House is good, men tend to gravitate toward it. :lmao: They serve grilled chicken, brisquet, ribs, etc.

The Italian Restaurant is good also. The stuffed canneloni (sp?) made it on the top 10 list of park food on food network, in 2008 or 2009. They also have the usual Italian foods, spaghetti, linguini, i think you can get chicken parmesan.

I'd say 90% of the outdoor seating is shaded.

The food at the Busch Garden parks is definitely above average when compared to other theme parks and the prices are on par with other major parks like Disney or Universal,but as far as counter service Busch has them beat out.If you visit Six Flags parks on the other hand expect to get ripped off paying $12 for a burger and $4 for a drink.That's why I don't mind spending my money at the restaurants at both Busch Garden parks,the food is excellent and is in the $7-$11 range,also get their desserts which are big enough for two and made on property.

Thanks for all the responses....
I think I've decided to go with purchasing 2 of the meal vouchers for $15 each at Busch Gardens and 2 at Water Country (per day we'll be there) they include an entree'/combo, 2 sides, drink - then purchase the "fill ins" for the rest of a meal - we use sort of a similar approach when we go to Disney by splitting meals because we do not want leftovers or to waste money on food we won't eat.
Yes the $500 does include my Grocery stop.. since we are driving we will have a fully stocked cooler for the first 3 days from home (including lunchmeat, bread, PB, pasta salad, fruit & snacks) We'll have brought the chips, drinks and desserts with us as well.. So really my grocery stop will be for 3 days worth of meat/cheese & bread/rolls and a bit more fruit.
I like the KFC/pizza option - hadn't thought of that but yes a dinner in room/by the pool one night might be in order..
Again I thank you for all your responses and can't wait for our vacation!!

The food at the Busch Garden parks is definitely above average when compared to other theme parks and the prices are on par with other major parks like Disney or Universal,but as far as counter service Busch has them beat out.If you visit Six Flags parks on the other hand expect to get ripped off paying $12 for a burger and $4 for a drink.That's why I don't mind spending my money at the restaurants at both Busch Garden parks,the food is excellent and is in the $7-$11 range,also get their desserts which are big enough for two and made on property.

I watched a special on the travel channel i think about theme park food and Busch Gardens Williamsburg was on the list and they looked they had amazing food ... Yes i saw the desserts - YUMMY looking!!! Thanks michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter