Food/Liquor delivery

jennab

DIS Veteran
Not sure if this is the right forum, but I have a question about food/liquor delivery.

In FL is liquor sold in stores (like Walmart), or is it only sold in liquor stores? Thinking about using wegoshop but wasn't sure if liquor would be a separate stop or if it can be purchased in a regular grocery store!

Any feedback on grocery delivery would be appreciated too :) We are flying so don't want to have to pack tons of stuff!

You'll find beer and wine in Florida's grocery stores, Walmart, etc. but the liquor is sold in an attached store, not the store itself.

Ok thank you! I wasn't sure as in MN liquor has to be bought in liquor stores (including beer/wine if you want to regular alcohol volume). I wonder if that would be considered 2 stops then....

We have used gardengrocer.com many times for all of our grocery/beer/supplies to be delivered to our hotel room at WDW and US.

We have had fantastic customer service and always had all of our items sent. I have even asked for items not on their website and they were able to purchase them for me.

We have used gardengrocer.com many times for all of our grocery/beer/supplies to be delivered to our hotel room at WDW and US.

We have had fantastic customer service and always had all of our items sent. I have even asked for items not on their website and they were able to purchase them for me.

OH really? When I looked on their website they only had beer and wine coolers (no liquor), plus a few other items not quite the same. I thought about going with them but am not a beer drinker :) I wonder if they would be open to picking up another type of wine cooler (like different Mike's hard lemonade flavor than what is on their website) and actual hard alcohol!

We used Wegoshop in March and are using them again tommorw. We always get the liquor delivery with our groceries. If you think about the cost to take a taxi or the cost of drinks on property it is worth the $5 for the extra stop charge.

We used Wegoshop in March and are using them again tommorw. We always get the liquor delivery with our groceries. If you think about the cost to take a taxi or the cost of drinks on property it is worth the $5 for the extra stop charge.

Very true! $5 isn't that much :). For some reason I thought it was more. I emailed to ask a few questions and got a response from Amy that she will call today. Thanks everyone!

OH really? When I looked on their website they only had beer and wine coolers (no liquor), plus a few other items not quite the same. I thought about going with them but am not a beer drinker :) I wonder if they would be open to picking up another type of wine cooler (like different Mike's hard lemonade flavor than what is on their website) and actual hard alcohol!

Give them a try, you never know until you ask. They even got a ream of paper for me, as I was working on one trip.

I did confirm with we go shop that liquor is an extra $5 stop but beer/wine isn't. She said they are also going to add Trader Joes but that will be a $15 stop since it's further away

We've had gardengrocer recommended to us too.
The 'we go' seems expensive for delivery? $24 for up to $100 shopping - + 10% to drop off at bell service.
Looking at it, that abcfws place seems much cheaper than gardengrocer. Do they not deliver? We'll be arriving on coach so a stop off isn't an option.

We've had gardengrocer recommended to us too. The 'we go' seems expensive for delivery? $24 for up to $100 shopping - + 10% to drop off at bell service. Looking at it, that abcfws place seems much cheaper than gardengrocer. Do they not deliver? We'll be arriving on coach so a stop off isn't an option.

I'm not sure what the other place you listed is? Amy from we go didn't list a 10% bell services. She said they would meet me (since I want liquor). Maybe that's if you don't meet them 10% as a tip? I do like the idea of getting the brands that I like and garden grocer doesn't have some…

I'm not sure what the other place you listed is? Amy from we go didn't list a 10% bell services. She said they would meet me (since I want liquor). Maybe that's if you don't meet them 10% as a tip? I do like the idea of getting the brands that I like and garden grocer doesn't have some…
Hi jennab, which other place? I've only mentioned places previously listed. I imagine the 10% on top of the other charges is if the leave the items with bell services. From what I hear, gardergrocer leave them at reception who even chill the goods if required for you (certainly where I'm staying anyway (SSR)).
I got the 10% from here. I must admit (with no knowledge of US delivery charges), I found them very high.

I have used Amy from wegoshop several times, and our order always includes liquor. I have never paid a 10% charge to bell services. Amy meets us out front of our resort with the receipt of the items she purchased for us. There is no mark up from her for the cost of the items which to me is a big plus. If we can't get in our room (which usually always happens), Amy gets a cart and takes our items to bell services. I always include a tip for her services. We are going the week after Christmas this year, and I will again be using wegoshop/Amy.

I've used gardengrocer.com the last few times we've been down to order food for breakfast/snacks & liquor. They don't have a HUGE selection of things, but enough to at least have a beer after a long day in the parks to wind down kinda thing. They've been great everytime in terms of service & quality!

If you use garden grocery for deliver to BC does the resort charge the $10 fee that they charge if you have a package sent? Since it's a convention resort?

If you use garden grocery for deliver to BC does the resort charge the $10 fee that they charge if you have a package sent? Since it's a convention resort?

I'm not 100% sure but don't think so. I thought it was only something like package delivery?

Resurrection. I just ordered from GG for August 23rd last night. I emailed an ID and they called this morning to confirm my adult beverage order. I was impressed. Very nice, cordial and grateful people to order from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter