Food in rooms at Universal Hotels ?

floridalover

Earning My Ears
Is it true you are not allowed to take food into your rooms at Universal hotels ?
I had planned to eat cereal in the room for breakfast.:(

Where did you hear that? I've never heard it and I don't see how they could enforce it. We had snacks in our room when we were there 2 years ago.

<------------------------- On the lookout for the snap crackle pop police :eek:

Seriously....I have to agree with Debbie....how could they possible enforce it? Floridalover, enjoy your cereal, snacks and anything else you decide to eat in your room. Now I'm sure they wouldnt approve of you cooking a 3 course meal but I cant see how they would have a problem with cereal. :)

Each of the hotels has a convenience store where they sell...food. They're not going to restrain you from bringing it up to your room. What about room service? I think someone has misunderstood.

We just stayed at the HRH in Jan 2003 at club level. We took the tray that our welcome wine was delivered on down to the club lounge and filled it up with breakfast items for 2 and took it back to the room. No one said a word to us.

We also took cocktails & snacks back to the room from the cocktail hour (it was really 2 hours). You are allowed to bring 2 drinks per person out of the club lounge at a time.

My favorite was the milk & cookie hour. We each had a plate of cookies and a glass of milk that we took back to the room. (OK, now I am really missing the Hard Rock!)

I think whomever posted that there is no food allowed in the rooms at Loews Hotels was mistaken.

Maybe they mean going to a grocery store and bringing the stuff to your room? Loss in sales to the hotel? Who knows. All I know is we were encouraged to bring our cooler as well as snacks when we unloaded the car at the front door. Seems like a silly rule to try to enforce no matter how stated.

?
Just got back and the minibar has cereal and other snacks.
I would have to say this is a false rumor.

I'm wondering if the "no food" rule is about people trying to fix full meals and "cooking" in their rooms. I remember about a year ago there was a thread on one of the boards where people were giving tips on how to lower their food budgets by eating in their rooms. People were posting how they were taking George Foreman Grills, toasters, etc with them and cooking full meals in their rooms. People were saying how they were cooking chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers and all the sides in their rooms. IMHO, I'm on vacation, there's no way in H**L I'm cooking anything!! Maybe that's what the rule is trying to prevent.

I don't mind having snacks in the room, but the last thing that I want to do is to cook on vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter