Food in Kids Clubs Back? (And Alaska Dining)

GusterFan

Earning My Ears
Hi there -

We are leaving on the wonder for the Alaska cruise on May 30th. It was originally a romantic Scotland adventures by Disney trip for two in May 2020, but 5 reschedules later it's us and our now almost 7 year old headed to Alaska. We can't WAIT to get going.

One question - does anyone know if meals in the kids club are back? We have a 6:00 p.m. dinner at Palo one night and we had assumed our son would eat in the club pre-Covid protocols. If meals aren't back. It's okay, we just may move our Palo dinner to later.

Speaking of dining, is it possible to know in advance what the rotation schedule would be? We threw our pillow dinner on the last night of the cruise but if that's some kind of special night we may want to do it at a different time.

Thanks so much!

You cannot know your assigned rotation before checking in to the app at the terminal. On a 7-nights Wonder cruise, the last night could be the Animation Magic Show in AP or the Mardi Gras parade in Tiana’s. The only guaranteed non-event meal on Wonder is on Frozen/Pirate night. On any other night, you could have one of the two shows at Tiana’s, and Animation Magic starting on night 4.

Last I knew no food was being served in the Club/Lab. I doubt it will return before they drop the mask requirement for the little ones (<5). You can do room service or grab something from the pool area QS for your son before taking him to the Club/Lab.

Reviving this, on our 4 sep cruise (magic in Norway) we were able to get our girls lunch while we were in port and we left them on the ship, I think only bc we were concierge 😬

Wondering if they are back to feeding the kids lunch yet. Trying to decide how long our adults-only excursion should be next week.

Wondering if they are back to feeding the kids lunch yet. Trying to decide how long our adults-only excursion should be next week.
So when we were concierge in Norway they got it situated for us (but got the distinct impression this only happened bc we were concierge).. seemed silly they didn't do it for all kids given only 25%of the passengers were kids...

I'm really hoping that they've since brought it back for all!

No meals served in the kids clubs on the Wish last week. No indication of if/when that might return.

You might want to consider room service for your kid that night. We did that with our son (years ago when he was 8). He was able to watch a movie in the room while he ate as a special treat. Then he walked himself to the club. The waitstaff was urging him to come alone to dinner that night too, they seemed disappointed that he chose the room service instead of the main dining.

The one time we tried letting him eat in the club, he was too busy playing and didn't hear them call for dinner so he was famished by the time we went to pick him up. I never trusted him to actually eat there.

Of course, you know your kid and how comfortable you are leaving them alone. YMMV.

You might want to consider room service for your kid that night. We did that with our son (years ago when he was 8). He was able to watch a movie in the room while he ate as a special treat. Then he walked himself to the club. The waitstaff was urging him to come alone to dinner that night too, they seemed disappointed that he chose the room service instead of the main dining.

The one time we tried letting him eat in the club, he was too busy playing and didn't hear them call for dinner so he was famished by the time we went to pick him up. I never trusted him to actually eat there.

Of course, you know your kid and how comfortable you are leaving them alone. YMMV.
we will actually be gone like 945a-? Was hoping til about 4p but that's a long time for DD4 to go without food, even if we eat a huge breakfast at 930a. DD9 can check himself out and get some pizza and come back, but she can't...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter