Food/Drink that is a "treat" for you ?

tinkerhon

DIS Veteran
First of all--- major mental block here--- I know there is a term/phrase for it--- thought it was craving... but its really a food/drink that you have a soft spot for -- Cant think of the word/phrase... maybe "weakness"?

So, what is the food/drink that you cant avoid when you see it, that you know you should not be having ??!!

Mine- GRAPE SODA !!!

Coke Zero. I love it but know the artificial sweeteners aren’t good for me. A very occasional treat.

Sugary foods. I’m more inclined to want something savory, but have a tough time resisting chocolate and a few others random sweets. I try not to have them in the house, but DH and the kids sometimes have their own ideas on that 🤣.

First of all--- major mental block here--- I know there is a term/phrase for it--- thought it was craving... but its really a food/drink that you have a soft spot for -- Cant think of the word/phrase... maybe "weakness"?

So, what is the food/drink that you cant avoid when you see it, that you know you should not be having ??!!

Mine- GRAPE SODA !!!

Cake. Not frosting, just cake; the frosting is just an little accent on the best part....

Eggnog.

Chips (Pringles cheddar & sour cream or sweet spicy BBQ 🤟 )

Bread with meals...I love having something to sop up the sauce on the plate. (I do a good job of not having it every chance, though.)

Burger King and Mcdonalds frappe beverages...been doing good ....so far....Carl's is the better coupon choice and thankfully they don't offer that calorie treat.

Actually for me it’s anything I didn’t have to cook, clean up, and wash dishes afterwards. On the rare occasion we do eat out I am always drawn to shrimp dishes.

Funny but... a FRESH light Caesar salad. Iceberg lettuce, caesar dressing, garlic croutons, shaved parmesan... wonderful on a hot day!
My all-time favorite salad is the 1905 Salad at Columbia Restaurants (there is one in Celebration for WDW folks).

I also really like a good iceberg wedge salad with bleu cheese, bleu cheese crumbles, bacon bits, etc. Outback makes a really good one, but DW makes them look like amateurs.

I'll stay away from entrees since nobody seems to be posting any.

For deserts, any good apple or pecan pie will do. Publix actually has very good ones.

Not desert, but a major treat, is Costco's fabulous Gourmet Chocolate Chunk Cookies. (I just checked and they are not open right now...nuts!)

We seldom drink but every time we go to Carrabbas I HAVE to have their blackberry sangria. I tried it once and was hooked, it’s so good!

Sorry, I don’t know how I did that twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter