"Foo-Foo" foods?

I have never seen a porterhouse offered on DCL.

Rob

i'm pretty sure thats the cut we got when we dined at topsiders one evening. it wasn't on their menu but the waiter suggested it and it was great! he told us they always have it, just ask.
this is just to back up the p.p. comment. i think they do offer it, of course, as the waiter told us, if asked. and it may only be at topsiders at dinner, not sure. but its there.:flower3:

Thanks for the reply, orlandothebeagle. I'm happy to know they are always available!

On our honeymoon cruise, the people we were sitting with were very similar. The wife was a little more adventurous, but the husband ordered a steak and a baked potato every night. The servers were great about it, and, frankly, the darn things looked delicious.

i'm pretty sure thats the cut we got when we dined at topsiders one evening. it wasn't on their menu but the waiter suggested it and it was great! he told us they always have it, just ask.
this is just to back up the p.p. comment. i think they do offer it, of course, as the waiter told us, if asked. and it may only be at topsiders at dinner, not sure. but its there.:flower3:

If they serve a porterhouse at topsiders I will be hitting it up:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Rob

One of the great advantages of a cruise is that you can order a plate to try a bite, and then have it taken away if you don't like it! Wasteful? Maybe, but it's an opportunity to see if you might like some "foo-foo" foods that you wouldn't try if you were paying for them in a restaurant.

At least, this is the argument that I make to my VERY picky son :) But he HAS tried some things (fish dishes, soups) that surprised him and his taste buds. No pain, no gain!

Exactly, especially for kids. Both mine tried escargot and duck* on cruises. They've done 3 cruises now, and the focus of dinner each night is trying something you would NEVER try at home, knowing that if you don't like it, you can something else you do like.

* Yes, duck was on the menu the first night of our Disney cruise, which answered our pre-cruise question about whether "Donald" would be on the menu!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter