Fonts ?

Ellen aka Snow White

<font color=blue>I AM LIVING IN MY MINI-VAN!!!<br>
I see where many people talk about printing fonts off internet. Please explain how you use these? I am at a complete loss. Thanks

I've managed to download loads of fints onto my PC! Now how do I get them onto my pages? I tried printing some onto red paper but I couldn't get them to print in white, and the black looked a bit smudgy and not enough contrast. Will I have to print onto white all the time?

but I couldn't get them to print in white,

There is no such thing as printing in white (except, I think, for some super duper expensive printers that none of use would ever own). For regular printers, white is simply the absense of any color whatsoever. If you print on red paper, the white text will be red, if you have blue paper it will be blue, yellow paper it will be yellow.

The only way to print white text on red, would be to use something like a text box where the background color is red, and to print it on white paper. But that takes a lot of red ink to do, so I do it only in rare occasions.

I've had friends tell me before to print on see-through velum (am I spelling it right?)....Then the idea is to glue it on colored paper.

I tried this, but the black ink was VERY smudgy. It bleeds on the paper. I don't know if it's the ink or the paper, but printing on vellum doesn't work for me....

anyone else have thoughts on this?

I've had friends tell me before to print on see-through velum (am I spelling it right?)....Then the idea is to glue it on colored paper.

I tried this, but the black ink was VERY smudgy. It bleeds on the paper. I don't know if it's the ink or the paper, but printing on vellum doesn't work for me....

anyone else have thoughts on this?

You need to sent your paper type to "transperancy" It will use less ink and the printer will print for that type of paper. You also have to be very very careful to not touch it for a bit after you print. You need to let it sit so that ink can dry. You can also google "rinting on vellum" and find lots of other good tips. That's how I found out how to print on transperancy setting.

When you are printing on vellum, use the slightly rougher side for inkjets and the smoother side for lasers. The smooth side is more likely to smudge if you put it through an inkjet.

You can buy a power that you sprinkle on vellum before printing to stop the ink smudging but I haven't used it.

As far as the blurriness is concerned for regular cardstock, I find that if I print it under "Fine" (under the properties when you choose print) it isn't as blurry. It also helps to choose "slow drying paper" under printing options when using cardstock, IMO.

i finally learned the hard way about the Transparency choice when printing on Vellum-it took lots of smudged vellum before I learned that trick! Of course, it would've been learned quicker if I would've consulted the internet for tips! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter