Followed the plans on here and no Elsa FP

magicmomms

Mouseketeer
I don't know what to do. Our whole trip is about one thing...meeting Elsa. As crazy as that sounds. We have one full day at Magic Kingdom and a night at the Halloween Party. So standing in line for 6 hours will literally eat up our whole trip.

Staying at Animal Kingdom...stayed up till 12 am 60 days out...not one Elsa fastpass. I am so disgusted with Disney's ways...everything is so competitive. If I had known this would be like this I would have vacationed elsewhere...I can't get my money back at this point and I feel the vacation is going to be awful.

Do you have any suggestions? I also don't know how to switch my fastpass for just one or two people to check that way. Currently there is 3 of us. When I do...it deletes everything. At 12 at night there was no Mine train or Elsa...I find this so unfair- it's the only reason I paid top dollar at Animal Kingdom Lodge...to get this dang fastpass. TIA

I'm not sure what staying at AKL would have to do with this situation. You could have stayed at POP and had the same experience for significantly less money.

You're options really are try to get a pre-opening ADR, show up at RD and go straight there, just check every 10 min and hope someone changes things or just go wait and hope for the best.

My favorite advice that I see given on this is be thankful they've given you the opportunity to be disappointed in advance.

I don't know what to do. Our whole trip is about one thing...meeting Elsa. As crazy as that sounds. We have one full day at Magic Kingdom and a night at the Halloween Party. So standing in line for 6 hours will literally eat up our whole trip.

Staying at Animal Kingdom...stayed up till 12 am 60 days out...not one Elsa fastpass. I am so disgusted with Disney's ways...everything is so competitive. If I had known this would be like this I would have vacationed elsewhere...I can't get my money back at this point and I feel the vacation is going to be awful.

Do you have any suggestions? I also don't know how to switch my fastpass for just one or two people to check that way. Currently there is 3 of us. When I do...it deletes everything. At 12 at night there was no Mine train or Elsa...I find this so unfair- it's the only reason I paid top dollar at Animal Kingdom Lodge...to get this dang fastpass. TIA

Best advice is to just keep checking. This website, http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236, is a great resource for checking headlining FP+ availability. To change a FP+ to another attraction, select the "Update FP+" option in the FP+ section. Select the date then underneath the attraction you want to change, click "Change Experience". A list of available attractions/times will appear and you'll be able to select whose FP+ you want to change.

Unfortunately no guarantees with staying on site you will get your FP+, but keep checking daily slots do open still as others change plans, don't despair you may still secure a FP for your little one..

Best advice is to just keep checking. This website, http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835236, is a great resource for checking headlining FP+ availability. To change a FP+ to another attraction, select the "Update FP+" option in the FP+ section. Select the date then underneath the attraction you want to change, click "Change Experience". A list of available attractions/times will appear and you'll be able to select whose FP+ you want to change.

Thank yo, but what I can't understand is the site your telling me about says there are availabilities for two days on our trip...but when I put those dates in there is nothing.

Depending on the size of your party you might have to split up the FP into smaller groups to get the FP you want. So if there are 5 of you try looking for a group of 2 then a group of 3. Even better if you can find overlapping times.

I had the problem of availabilities showing too...I canceled my other FP+ and tried again and it worked. I'm guessing the opening overlapped with one of my other FP+ times, maybe? Good luck to you!

Thank yo, but what I can't understand is the site your telling me about says there are availabilities for two days on our trip...but when I put those dates in there is nothing.
Try to change the experience for just one person.

Alternatively the times dibs has found might be when you have something else planned ...another FP or an ADR.

You may be able to put in the FP+ for 1 person and find the time and then find overlapping times for the other 2 people in your party. We did this a few times when we switched FP around when we were in the parks (we just got back yesterday). It was very easy to do. We did this for some of the headliners (Space Mountain and Tower of Terror) as well as some of the easier to get rides. I did see availability for A & E while we were there from people canceling so don't give up, good luck!

Sorry you were not able to get them. It's insane trying to get fastpasses for them. I would look for 2 fastpasses for Anna & Elsa instead of three. Last year I forgot my booking window for a week & there were none left, I kept stalking the system and I was able to get Anna and Elsa 2 times (once for 2 fastpasses and the other for all 4 of us). The other thing I would do if I were you would be to e-mail WDW.Guest.Communications@Disneyworld.com. Explain to them what happened, be sure to mention that the main purpose of your trip was an experience with them. Be sure t include your reservation and phone # in the e-mail. They always respond within 72 hours. I bet they will be able to help you, it's definitely worth a try!

I was able to get them twice for our upcoming trip next week, but only at 9:00 at night both times, and I also did it at midnight as soon as the window. I thought it would be easier to get one for them this year, but I can see "Frozen Fever" is not letting up.

Good luck & keep us posted!

Maybe you are being purposely sarcastic about a 6 hour wait time but perhaps not because there have been waits that long in the past. But if not I would like to tell you that the waits haven't been that long in awhile.

Keep an eye on the wait times on the app and see the time of the day when it is usually shorter. I'd suggest visiting latest in the day as possible.

Good luck!

That may be because of an overlapping FP+ or ADR time.

Keep checking I was blocked out, except for the day we were leaving, at my 60 days. I was obsessive about checking and was finally able to get 5 on the ideal day at the ideal time.

As for how to actually check, I found the app to be easier then the website.

On the app, go to the FP+ section

1. Go to Modify My Existing Fastpass+
2. Pick the day
3. Change FP+ selection for a new selection or time
4. Pick the FP you are willing to give up
5. Change this FP+ Experience
6. Pick the person
If A&E is available it will show in the list.

Just hit back if you don't want to change anything.

Once you get one you can try for the next person and so on. Then if you want to change the time you just do the same as above but pick Change the time for this FP+ experience in step 5.

There were many times when nothing was available, but eventually one by one we got them. Since I have the app on my phone I checked several times a day.

Be there at rope drop. Take a look at a park map so you know precisely where and which way to go to get to the Princess meet and greet. Be prepared to walk fast. You will not have a 6 hour wait. Just because you don't get a FastPass + for an attraction/meet and greet doesn't mean you can't experience it. Follow the directions that people have given for making FP+ for 1 or 2, that works. I had to juggle 6 people on our July trip. We had 4 different FP+ in order for us all to ride Soarin' at the same time. The FP+ times overlapped so it worked.

I'm not sure what AKL has to do with making FP+, staying at any WDW resort would allow you to do that.

Cancelling a trip because you can't get one FP+? That is a little extreme. WDW is a very big place with many attractions and experiences. Just one shouldn't make or break your trip.

Dont get discouraged! AKL is a wonderful place to stay! Sounds like you have high expectations for this trip! Just take some of the advice and your little one should be able to meet Elsa (plus Anna). I think some of us have gotten spoiled with FP and forget years ago that we all had to stand in line... Some of the funniest things happened with my family while we were in line. Here's some pixie dust for a magical vacation!pixiedust:

Well yes, that does sound crazy, but okay...

I suggest spending some time learning how to use and manipulate the FP system. We went to WDW twice last year and I was able to get A & E both trips less than 30 days out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter