Flying Westjet? Check your flights!

Sunday

Mouseketeer
Based on a post here, I checked my Westjet flights for August to MCO from YYZ. Well...they changed both my outbound and inbound direct flights, I now have a layover, and it has implications for when I can COVID test in Orlando. The kicker? They didn't tell me my flights are changed. So PLEASE check your flights. And their customer service line is not accepting calls at this time and you can't make adjustments online.

Based on a post here, I checked my Westjet flights for August to MCO from YYZ. Well...they changed both my outbound and inbound direct flights, I now have a layover, and it has implications for when I can COVID test in Orlando. The kicker? They didn't tell me my flights are changed. So PLEASE check your flights. And their customer service line is not accepting calls at this time and you can't make adjustments online.

That’s really crappy. For my original trip March of 2020, they cancelled the flight I was on and put us on a later one. We also go no notification. I just happened to notice cause I happened to see it when I logged into my app and the time was different. It’s just disgusting that they don’t even email people. I think once I use my credits up I will cancel my WestJet CC and not use them unless I’m saving a ton of money.

I have had luck using twitter to get ahold of west jet last fall when I had to deal with flights they had cancelled. I had to create an account but it ended up working well.

It is so frustrating. We are looking at booking for Disneyland and I see some good options but who knows what will actually be flying come November and how many times they will cancel those flights.

I have had luck using twitter to get ahold of west jet last fall when I had to deal with flights they had cancelled. I had to create an account but it ended up working well.

It is so frustrating. We are looking at booking for Disneyland and I see some good options but who knows what will actually be flying come November and how many times they will cancel those flights.
Yes! After the debacle of our Cancun flights yesterday, I'm seeing some good prices to Disneyland for November but won't pull the trigger yet.

We are flying with AC - Toronto -MCO and they just sent us an email today saying our outbound flight has changed, it’s now 45 min later. No big deal and we don’t have a connection, but keep watching it closely now.

My sister is flying YOW-YYJ next month and WJ sent an email when her outbound flight changed.

My sister is flying YOW-YYJ next month and WJ sent an email when her outbound flight changed.
I wasn’t notified. Nor was a friend that leaves two days before me from Ottawa to MCO. She has it worse…her return flight to Ottawa will now miss the connection in Toronto and they have no solution to get her home. No email. No nothing.

We also were not contacted by WJ about our Cancun flights. I just happened to check my app. Furthermore, the return flight from Cancun to Calgary that they put us on does not currently 'exist' on their website. Figure that one out :rolleyes: I was very glad to hit 'cancel' in my app today and get my credits back. Get it together, WJ.

We also were not contacted by WJ about our Cancun flights. I just happened to check my app. Furthermore, the return flight from Cancun to Calgary that they put us on does not currently 'exist' on their website. Figure that one out :rolleyes: I was very glad to hit 'cancel' in my app today and get my credits back. Get it together, WJ.

When I saw they changed my flight I called and made them change it to an earlier one. I told the rep that I wasn’t notified at all and asked why not. All they said was “we’re sorry. You should have received an email.” So I figured it was a glitch. Then I started hearing all the stories of it happening to everyone else.

Oh but I did get an email when they changed a flight that I had cancelled months before. Go figure 🙄

They completely cancelled a leg of our trip and didn't rebook us on another flight at all! No email notification from them or RBC rewards that this had happened. I saw the same post as the OP (I assume) and checked my flights right away. We're booked with a domestic connector flight both ways. The flights down are fine other than time changes but the flights home they've completely cancelled our flight out of California altogether. I guess we're supposed to walk from Anaheim to our connector flight in Vancouver? I've been on hold for 4 hours and counting trying to get in touch with RBC Rewards to get that leg rebooked before there are no flights left.

I just happened to check my app. Furthermore, the return flight from Cancun to Calgary that they put us on does not currently 'exist' on their website. Figure that one out
That sounds like thy added an extra flight and put you on it. In 2019 when I was last in Walt Disney World West Jet moved mflight to a day earlier because of the airport being closed due to a herican they added extra flifgts and assigned random numbers to them. I looiked the one they gave me in flight aware and it had previously been used for a flight from Toronto to Halifax to Glasgow Scotland.

Thank you for posting this. My flight was changed with no email either. I appreciate the heads up

Thank you for the heads up. Ours were changed without emails as well and I am not sure they will work for us.

This is nothing new for westjet.If I had to take either WJ or AC,unless there's huge savings,for me,there's absolutely no reason to take WJ.They have less flights and the service is obviously lacking

Last edited:
I’ll be checking once they update for September flights. The biggest thing that will screw me over is if they don’t restore the red-eye to Toronto. My hope is that worst case they switch me to the flight that goes thru Atlanta. (I would have 2 hops); my return flight is one currently happening, so it should be ok.

According to the WJ phone rep, the update the other day included up to Sept 4. Any flights before that are now in their final version and shouldn’t change again.

We got hit by changes (no email) for our August trip moving us to connecting flights on Delta, which would have been livable if they also hadn’t switched us from the premium seats we paid for to regular economy seats. Ah, no, that’s not acceptable. Since WJ only has access to certain Delta seats, they couldn’t fix the cabin assignment so we ended up extending our trip to get back onto a WJ direct flight. Our five night long weekend trip is now nine nights, and it’s WJ’s fault. Making a virtue of a necessity, I guess. DH can blame WJ and I get a longer trip. LOL…

According to the WJ phone rep, the update the other day included up to Sept 4. Any flights before that are now in their final version and shouldn’t change again.

We got hit by changes (no email) for our August trip moving us to connecting flights on Delta, which would have been livable if they also hadn’t switched us from the premium seats we paid for to regular economy seats. Ah, no, that’s not acceptable. Since WJ only has access to certain Delta seats, they couldn’t fix the cabin assignment so we ended up extending our trip to get back onto a WJ direct flight. Our five night long weekend trip is now nine nights, and it’s WJ’s fault. Making a virtue of a necessity, I guess. DH can blame WJ and I get a longer trip. LOL…
We lost our Premium seats on the cancelled flight as well, no refunds. The only replacement flight that would work for us had no Premium seats left and because we booked with RBC Avion points I can't even deal directly with WestJet to try to get a refund. After almost 6 hours on hold to rebook the flight they'd cancelled on us (no email notice and no rebooked flight on their end, they just flat out cancelled) I'm just going to let it go but I'll try my best to never fly WestJet again if I can help it.

I wasn’t notified. Nor was a friend that leaves two days before me from Ottawa to MCO. She has it worse…her return flight to Ottawa will now miss the connection in Toronto and they have no solution to get her home. No email. No nothing.

And I just got a second email where they changed her flights yet again, this time the ones going home.

The first change on her YOW-YYJ leg only changed by 45 mins or so but the YYJ-YOW leg is now set to leave 4 hours earlier. Ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter