Flying out of TX this weekend / Rita

megrod74

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Well we are supposed to fly from DFW to Dulles to MCO this Saturday starting at 4:30pm. I called Travelocity only to find out (of course) that there isn't yet a policy from the airline for Hurricane Rita.

Anyone else in the same boat?

What's worse is that because of the layover we wouldn't normally be arriving at MCO until midnight, if we have delays it will really be a problem - hotel, rental car, etc. Not to mention we will probably be tired and cranky.

Travelocity told us to call back Friday for any updates. I highly doubt they will have anything for us by then.
Any other ideas? How are the airlines usually when it comes to this kind of scenario?

Thanks,
Megan

I am! The original plan was to fly to Orlando using Southwest out of New Orleans. Well, you know what happened there. Plan B- Book Continental with a stop in Houston and then on to Orlando. Do you think the gods are trying to tell me something???? Seriously, all of my prayers go to those that are in the path of this killer.

msmouse - If I were you I'd take that as a sign too! Things do not seem to be working out for you. I know you probably really need that vacation, too.

I also am worried about all the towns and people along the gulf coast of TX with regard to this hurricane. I am praying that it is nothing like what happened to those ravaged by Katrina.

We are flying with United.
That's interesting, though.

Thank you for the advice on checking the airline website. I hadn't thought to do that since we booked through the agent.

Flying out of DFW shouldn't be a problem. It is supposed to rain - that's all. If it is very windy and there is lightning then there might be delays, but I don't think our weather is supposed to be that bad. Obviously whenever there is bad weather somewhere there is the chance of the domino effect. Keep checking with your airline, but I wouldn't worry too much about the rain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter