Flummoxed...Contemporary or Yacht Club?

Thanks so much for all of your opinions. :flower3:

Well...I still haven't decided yet. lol :) It sounds like there are just as many people that love CR that don't love CR. Now, I've added WL to the mix....trying to decide between WL, CR, and YC. Usually I know exactly where I want to stay; I don't know why I'm so undecided this time.

I know this isn't necessarily a Resort Board question, but does anyone know if Cape May still has the character meal?

We stay at the YC/BC and do not find getting to MK that diffiicult. But you will need 2 things.
1. A park hopper
2. A stroller and a child willing to sit in it.

Leave YC/BC thought the Epcot entrance and walk to the front of the park, out the gate, and up to the monorail. Ride to MK. Reverse process to return.

Depending on the child, you might want to consider if all the excitement might cause a nap override (when he shuns naps and wants to see it all) or might cause a nap over drive (where he get plain tuckered out and naps in the stroller). In October, the weather should allow you all to find a bench behind the tea cups and take rest. Or Mom and Dad can ride swap on Space or Thunder Mountain.....

Only problem with the stroller is that we don't have one. :headache: lol
We took DS to Disney when he was three, and we had a stroller at that time, but he wanted to walk everywhere. So, we said ok and left the stroller in the room. But, we were only out for about 2-3 hours at a time. After that, he needed a rest.

I also have a 5 yr old boy and have to say the pool at the yacht club is the best. we have stayed the past few years and will be there again soon. Besides the fact that its a sand bottom pool, they have an area that has a nice size beach with a 0 entry pool. My little one doesnt know how to swim as well, so this is great for us. It is also great to have the car. We have the car with us and wouldnt have it any other way. It only takes about 10 min from yc to magic kingdom.

Well, I couldn't decide at all between the two. I really liked the proximity of Contemporary to MK. But, it is a lot more expensive. So, I finally just showed DS two photos - one of CR with the train going thru it and one of the Yacht Club's swimming pool. I also showed him the swimming pool and geyser at WL. DS said he wanted to stay at the Yacht Club.

So, I made our ressie yesterday and YC here we come! :yay: Thanks again for everyone's advice! :flower3:

I'd do Contemp. with your situation. It'll be so much more convenient with naps especially.

You won't be disappointed....YC is wonderful:). Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter