• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Flower and Garden Festival must do's?

I'm going in a couple of weeks. I've printed out the kiosk menus, and DH and I are formulating our plan of attack! We don't want to get too full before we try everything we want to try.

All great suggestions and I will add two more...check out the Orchids outside the Mexican Pavillion...they're up the trees along the ramp entrance...intoxicating and the Bonsai tree displays throughout Japan...some are over 100 years old.

Just a note about the egg hunt. We love doing it and have done it two different years and the eggs were in different places. One other year however they had sold out of the sticker maps by the day we arrived. My daughter was very disappointed, so just know that it can happen. The eggs were still there to look for, but no map and no prize. Not the same.

Was just looking at the menus in the link that was posted in this thread. Is there a map somewhere that shows the kiosk locations?

I'm so excited for my first F&G!!
Will be going 2-3 times on our May trip.
With DS I'm excited to explore the topiaries, butterfly garden, playgrounds and egg hunt.
Oh and I saw they have a magic shot with Figment this year!
Then I'm spending one evening there alone while DS goes to Lilo's Playhouse. Soooo excited...
Planning to hit Urban Eats, Florida Fresh, Hanami and Smokehouse. Violet Lemonade is on my list too.
Looking forward to leisurely exploring WS, the English tea garden, Mitsukoshi store, German Christmas store, and picking up a F&G Dooney bag!

There are 2 tea tours. One free (English Tea Garden) and the other is $15 (Royal Tea Garden). Details can be found at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/flower-and-garden-festival-tours/

I've never done the egg hunt. Where do you begin? Will they still be doing it after Easter?

You can pick up a map and stickers at Pin Central. I thought I saw a sign in the Mexico pavilion for picking up a map there as well. I could be wrong. From what I remember seeing somewhere while we were there at the Festival this past weekend, it will go into early May. The maps may be sold out by then!!! The cost is $5.99 per map.

You can pick up a map and stickers at Pin Central. I thought I saw a sign in the Mexico pavilion for picking up a map there as well. I could be wrong. From what I remember seeing somewhere while we were there at the Festival this past weekend, it will go into early May. The maps may be sold out by then!!! The cost is $5.99 per map.
You can pick it up at most outdoor shop/kiosks too - we picked ours at the UK pavilion and went back to look for the Canada egg.
The kids had a great time looking for the eggs and made a couple of friends trying to get hints for egg locations.

MerMaid79, thank you for the information. It's good to know for next year. I guess I was too busy looking for the eggs to notice the other places where you can buy the maps. I only noticed the one in Mexico because that's where we started.

Was just looking at the menus in the link that was posted in this thread. Is there a map somewhere that shows the kiosk locations?

I was looking for something like this and the best I could find was https://blogmickey.com/2017/02/photos-full-2017-flower-garden-outdoor-kitchen-passport/

This is what I used but I'm getting failure to load PDF errors https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...wer-and-garden-festival/F&G_Passport_2017.pdf

I had to look at the booth reviews on other sites for where some of the promenade area booths are in relation to each other like Isla Fresca, Berry Basket, Pineapple Promenade and Urban Farm Eats

We've got three afternoons set aside for F&G booths afternoon 1 is France through America, afternoon 2 is UK through Pineapple Promenade, afternoon 3 is Italy through Isla Fresca

I fly standby and have been tracking flight loads. THIS IS THE WEEKEND!!! I am on my way this Sat - just for the day and cannot wait. And bonus...I was setting up FP in case my daughter wants to join me and I found that my niece is already in WDW (our MDE accounts are linked) and she is planning her EPCOT day for Sat. To Marylander meeting up for lunch in Epcot. Too awesome.

It will be a long day. I will be up at 4:30 to head to the airport and the last flight home will get me back at 1:AM.

I'm so excited to go to F&G for the first time in April. Two questions: do most of you come up with a plan before going or just sort of wander and enjoy? Also, is the egg hunt something typically done in one day or could we spread it over two days?

As to your planning question, we went to F&G for the first time three years ago. I have to say that one of the most delightful aspects of it was just meandering around and running into delightful things at every turn. That's how we did it last time and we'll be doing it again this May!

That said, do look at a map, maybe after you've given everything a "once over." There may be some particular topiary that you didn't want to miss, or some special kind of garden. Have fun!

I was looking for something like this and the best I could find was https://blogmickey.com/2017/02/photos-full-2017-flower-garden-outdoor-kitchen-passport/

This is what I used but I'm getting failure to load PDF errors https://wdpromedia.disney.go.com/me...wer-and-garden-festival/F&G_Passport_2017.pdf

I had to look at the booth reviews on other sites for where some of the promenade area booths are in relation to each other like Isla Fresca, Berry Basket, Pineapple Promenade and Urban Farm Eats

Thanks. I can't get the second to load, but the first one definitely will help.

Thank you. Your first link was very helpful!

The one that doesn't load is from disney's own servers which is why I linked the other.

We are getting an unexpected 4 day trip in and I"m so excited! We usually hit F&G each year but weren't going to be able to this year so it's nice to see all the new things. Does F&G have the lanyards like F&W? With the pull off coupons for food and drink?

I didn't see any when I was there earlier this month. I probably would have purchased one if they had existed.

How about the do and take workshops? I still have a potted plant ( lantana) from years ago and the seedballs we made 5-6 years ago still produce beautiful wildflowers in my garden.
I did go to the do and take workshop on March 24. It was very interesting and we came away with 2 plants that will attract butterflies. Strongly recommend getting to the place 45 minutes to an hour ahead of time, if you want to get into the first 11am workshop. We got there 30 minutes ahead of time, and there was already a wait line, and we didn't make it to that one. We got tix for the 2 PM show and that's the one we enjoyed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter