Florida turnpike - can't use cash?

Actually we find the easier way is to get on 536 which will run you right staight into 417 untl you get to 528 which will take you straight out to the port There is much less traffic and it is much faster.

I understand that, and theres nothing qrong with that way, but for some people that are not too familiar with traffic in and around Disney property, I ll send them to the 528 off If to minimize the number of turns and potential to get lost. Thats just me. I clocked it 1 day time wise, and there really is no difference in time. May be 3-5 minutes give or take.

Easiest way,(and you wont need a gps) from either Saratoga, OKW, Port Orleans, or any of the outside hotels on Disney property is, make your way to Hotel Plaza Blvd, and head off property towards 535. Turn right onto 535, and get in the right lane. Take the I4 east exit, to exit 72 which is the BEachline/528. You can only go east as the 528 begins/ends at I4. Get in the right lane and stay there.(About 75% of the way to the port, the road splits.Left side goes to the KSC, the right side continues to the port. Its easy to get stuck heading towards the KSC, but not so easy to get back towards the port if you make the mistake)The 528 will run right into Port Canaveral. Follw the signs to the terminal from there. Itll be the North Cruise Terminals exit.

:thumbsup2 Thanks so Much! I'm going to write this one down in my 'Mickey Cruise' Notebook so I won't forget! We're staying at the DTD Hilton, so this sounds easiest to me. I've been on I4 before, so this one I think I can do..lol!
You guys are great! And I'll be sure to have toll dollars and change...just in case!:goodvibes

Actually we find the easier way is to get on 536 which will run you right staight into 417 untl you get to 528 which will take you straight out to the port There is much less traffic and it is much faster.

The easiest way to get on 536 from WDW property is to turn right onto 536 just past Bonnet Creek Resort. If you are coming from the other direction (Downtown) you'll need to either come across the Overpass Road or make a u-turn so you can take the right hand exit off of Buena Vista Drive.

Once on 536 keep straight onto 417 aka the Greenway then onto 528.

Here are the directions from DCL website:

Take State Road 536 East which leads directly to the 417 (Greenway). State Road 417 is a toll road.
Follow the 417 to State Road 528 (Beachline Expressway). State Road 528 is a toll road.
Go east on State Road 528.
At the fork in the road, veer right to stay on State Road 528.
Continue on State Road 528 and make your way over the Indian River and Banana River.
Turn onto State Road 401, which will loop and head north over the channel locks.
Stay in the right-hand lane and follow the signs to Cruise Terminal A.

Once you are on 528 there will be signs for Port Canaveral. You won't be able to miss the ship at the port when you come over the bridges.

There are cash lanes on these toll roads, just make sure you get over to the right to stop and pay them. They are running about $1.25 now I think, and there are probably 3 or 4 of them. I don't pay too close attention to be honest. Just keep some ones and some quarters with you.

:thumbsup2 Thanks also! Sounds almost like the previous poster, maybe a little more detailed. But really appreciate it! I thank you, and my whole Dis family of 6 thank you both...cause if we're a smidgen late, this disneychik is gonna hear about it!:rotfl:

:thumbsup2 Thanks you two for the directions! Printed both of them off, and we'll see when we go down! You're expertise is duly noted and appreciated more than you know!:goodvibes This is what Disboards is known for, and hope you are truly given some pixiedust: for your kindness!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter