Florida mulls reversal of Disney special tax district revocation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, to be honest, Bob Chepek and Disney should have kept his mouth shut, stayed silent, and should have stayed completely out of politics and just stick to story making and telling, fairytales, and making great wholesome and wonderful movies families will enjoy for many generations. They would have still kept the Reedy Creek Independent District if Bob Chepek and Disney did all of the above in this post. Disney should be a magical place where everyone can just have fun and be happy as well as get along regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, disability, etc. Disney used to be a very happy place for everyone where everyone felt like they belong and was accepted as they are. Unfortunately, I feel like I cannot honestly say the same thing today.

There are any number of ways that a new special district could be created for WDW. Even call it RCID II. We, in general terms, only know little of all aspects of the original terms. Would a new agreement that only covered roads and buildings, say for municipal bonding, be enough for everyone to declare a win?
For me, the biggest deal around RCID was the ability to access funding sources as a municipality, versus corporate bonds. Lower interest rates, which translate to that unfair advantage. I am sure there are others, that people smarter than me would say carry more weight. Permitting processes or staffing of services, or something else? What I surmise is the media will declare one side a winner, and flood consistent stories until everyone believes it, even if the truth is more nuanced. We will have to wait and see..

Also, to be honest, Bob Chepek and Disney should have kept his mouth shut, stayed silent, and should have stayed completely out of politics and just stick to story making and telling, fairytales, and making great wholesome and wonderful movies families will enjoy for many generations. They would have still kept the Reedy Creek Independent District if Bob Chepek and Disney did all of the above in this post. Disney should be a magical place where everyone can just have fun and be happy as well as get along regardless of race, sexual orientation, gender, nationality, disability, etc. Disney used to be a very happy place for everyone where everyone felt like they belong and was accepted as they are. Unfortunately, I feel like I cannot honestly say the same thing today.
I am genuinely confused by that last line. Why?

I am genuinely confused by that last line. Why?
The last line meant that since Disney got involved in politics, instead of just staying out of it, I feel like that Disney failed to provide an inclusive environment and an environment that fosters inclusion and diversity and failed to meet or exceed expectations. Also, to add, Disney CFO, Christine McCarthy (I thought it was Chapek earlier who made this comment) made a body shaming comment when they were talking about reducing portion sizes for food. She stated this, “We can cut portion size, which is probably good for some people’s waistlines.” in which is completely unprofessional, unethical, and offensive remark she made especially since losing weight and keeping it off is extremely difficult and plus some people have a medical condition that causes them yo be overweight. That does not reflect diversity and inclusion and as a result, I was deeply offended by it. If Disney was to do the right thing, they would have terminated Christine McCarthy’s employment. This also justifies my last statement.

Also, decreasing portion sizes, is not in and itself, body shaming. It is the comment and remark that Christine McCarthy, Disney CFO, made about waistlines that is and where she crossed the line.

Last edited:
Do you know anything about Iger? But Disney was standing up to an issue that effected a lot of cast members. So kudos to them for being a huge company and doing a rare act of standing up for employees.

History should teach us what to do and what we should not do. Walt was an active participant in the House Un-American Activities Committee-- one of the darkest periods in US history. It was wrong and he should never of gotten involved, it took decades for Disney to make amends to the Jewish community for what was perceived as being targeted. So now we have a deeply divided political environment, did Disney learn anything from the past. NO, they just went ahead and put themselves in the middle of a contentious Social Issue. What is the expression, "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it". It could take decades for Disney to re gain their position of trust after this latest fiasco.

Sure. Meanwhile the company alienated and angered its employees that favored the Florida law. Some cast members even claimed they were discriminated against for speaking out in favor of it.

So not only did Disney succeed in dividing its customers, but it’s employees too.

It’s unlikely Walt would have favored the company taking such radical left political positions that it’s been doing lately.
People like standing on the wrong side of history all of the time. There were a lot of people who opposed the end of slavery as well doesn't mean I should care about their feelings on the matter.

The last line meant that since Disney got involved in politics, instead of just staying out of it, I feel like that Disney failed to provide an inclusive environment and an environment that fosters inclusion and diversity and failed to meet or exceed expectations. Also, to add, Disney CFO, Christine McCarthy (I thought it was Chapek earlier who made this comment) made a body shaming comment when they were talking about reducing portion sizes for food. She stated this, “We can cut portion size, which is probably good for some people’s waistlines.” in which is completely unprofessional, unethical, and offensive remark she made especially since losing weight and keeping it off is extremely difficult and plus some people have a medical condition that causes them yo be overweight. That does not reflect diversity and inclusion and as a result, I was deeply offended by it. If Disney was to do the right thing, they would have terminated Christine McCarthy’s employment. This also justifies my last statement.

Also, decreasing portion sizes, is not in and itself, body shaming. It is the comment and remark that Christine McCarthy, Disney CFO, made about waistlines that is and where she crossed the line.
Wait, so you think being inclusive of LGBT+ folks is somehow NOT creating an environment that fosters inclusion and diversity? I am so very confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter