Float wreck at MK

My wife, 7yo DD, and I were standing on the porch @ Pecos Bill's about 15 feet away. Everything was normal through the float with the chicken in the henhouse. The first Villains float with the skeletons playing guitars came from about 20 yards back and nailed the back right corner of the henhouse. If you think those floats only go 3 mph, you're mistaken. I have a golf cart that runs 22 mph, and the Villains were going at least 10 mph. For any race fans out there, you'll understand when I say they didn't even check up. The impact knocked down a couple of the Villains and the two other characters on the back, even though they were all tethered. It was a hard enough hit to knock the henhouse to the edge of where the kids were sitting on the left curb in front of the popcorn/corn dog cart! Parents, please enforce the rope and tape lines on the parade route! Another 5 feet and that float would have been in the crowd for a real disaster. I had spoken with a cast member in a button down shirt, pants, and an earpiece on the porch at the start of the parade, and when that collision happened, he literally jumped over two rows of kids seated in front of us on the curb. Cast members swarmed the floats and the people on the other side where the henhouse was. It took several minutes to un-tether the Villains. The music never stopped, and neither did the chicken! Tractors pulled up front and back of the Villains float and towed it with the parade. We were close enough to see the Villains driver say "no brakes" twice when the safety guys in vests ran up. The float did not appear for the 10:30 parade. I joked that it was like the scene from Animal House when the Delta's Deathmobile burst from the cake and caused chaos!

Wow I was there and missed it. Splash mtn was shut down for a while due to a "log getting stuck" and we gave up after 40 minutes in the fast pass....hate to think about standby.
Great day though. Where else do you see a guy work a tutu to support his kids disability group...where else do you see people with disabilities treated with such dignity?

My wife, 7yo DD, and I were standing on the porch @ Pecos Bill's about 15 feet away. Everything was normal through the float with the chicken in the henhouse. The first Villains float with the skeletons playing guitars came from about 20 yards back and nailed the back right corner of the henhouse. If you think those floats only go 3 mph, you're mistaken. I have a golf cart that runs 22 mph, and the Villains were going at least 10 mph. For any race fans out there, you'll understand when I say they didn't even check up. The impact knocked down a couple of the Villains and the two other characters on the back, even though they were all tethered. It was a hard enough hit to knock the henhouse to the edge of where the kids were sitting on the left curb in front of the popcorn/corn dog cart! Parents, please enforce the rope and tape lines on the parade route! Another 5 feet and that float would have been in the crowd for a real disaster. I had spoken with a cast member in a button down shirt, pants, and an earpiece on the porch at the start of the parade, and when that collision happened, he literally jumped over two rows of kids seated in front of us on the curb. Cast members swarmed the floats and the people on the other side where the henhouse was. It took several minutes to un-tether the Villains. The music never stopped, and neither did the chicken! Tractors pulled up front and back of the Villains float and towed it with the parade. We were close enough to see the Villains driver say "no brakes" twice when the safety guys in vests ran up. The float did not appear for the 10:30 parade. I joked that it was like the scene from Animal House when the Delta's Deathmobile burst from the cake and caused chaos!

I joked with my cousin that I took video of the cowboys dancing in the parade but my godson will probably be more excited about the tractors pulling the empty float!

Golfman 3333, I think we were standing with you and your wife and tagged along with your sweet DD too! My son was the Werewolf! We had such a good time with you guys. I felt really bad for the poor driver of the float that collided with the chicken float. He kept saying "no brakes, no brakes." I was really surprised that no one was hurt. Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your vacation.:wizard:

Golfman 3333, I think we were standing with you and your wife and tagged along with your sweet DD too! My son was the Werewolf! We had such a good time with you guys. I felt really bad for the poor driver of the float that collided with the chicken float. He kept saying "no brakes, no brakes." I was really surprised that no one was hurt. Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your vacation.:wizard:

I did hear today that a couple people were sent to the hospital to be looked at but nothing major.

We were there on portch as well right in front on impact. The Villans float appeared to have a stuck accelerator, although we did hear castmembers talking about no brakes. There was distance after the henhouse and as we were looking to see what was next, that float came very fast out of nowhere as if it was accelerating! I have to say all the crew came in and took care of everything without panic. It could have been much worse had the henhouse gone just a little bit off course. Kids/adults would have been pinned up against the concession stand.

I was there, but didn't hear about the crash until the monorail ride home. We were at the entrance of Tomorrowland when we saw the float, with only one sad skeleton guy on the whole float, sitting in a hole at the bottom. It was being pulled by a small beat up tractor in the front, and one connected by a rope at the back. I assumed the float had just broken down. For me, it ended up being the highlight of the parade, because I was looking at the back tractor guy, who was dressed in just a maintenance uniform, looking serious, thinking that they could have done a better job and put some character in there or something, when he starts pumping his fists out of nowhere and cheering "come on, wooooooo" and dancing in his tractor. It was HILARIOUS!!!! :rotfl::rotfl: I'm totally laughing right now thinking about it.

Anyway, I had my kids take their bags out for the big Goofy's float, but there was only a small one, and no "end" sign that I noticed, unless I was still looking for candy!;) I've gone every year, but maybe I didn't notice it being gone last year?? I agree with the pp in that it seemed abbreviated. But like I said, the guy in the tractor stole the show. And thank God no one was hurt!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter