Flight of Passage and fear of heights

If you close your eyes, will that make the motion worse? What could you do if you are feeling queasy. I can do Soarin but have looked down a few times when feeling uneasy. I don't want to miss out! I have not done Star Tours for comparison.
That's how soaring made me feel the first time I braved it, lol. I too will not do star wars, because of this. Does the ride physically dip to where you feel you could fall off?

My mother is literally terrified of Aladdin carpets but loves FOP. You are very snugly secured in, and wear 3-D glasses so the screen looks real close. The ride is so immersive that I rode it twice and didn't even realize different levels are involved.

I've been afraid of thrill rides all my life. I went to Disney in 1994 (I was 13) and went into BTMR and was not expecting it was more of a thrill ride than a normal ride. I was screaming to stop the ride the whole time. Since then, I am afraid of being on that situation again, trying to get out but was unable for a solid 2-3 minutes that feel like eternity. Since then I avoid thrill rides completely.

I went back to Disney in 2016 and I wanted to beat my fear and get on some of the rides, specially BTMR.

I started with Barnstormer. I didnt really think it much and got into the line and by the time I regret that decision I was already going up the hill. I hated every second of uplifting. Then, when I expected the worse on the way down, I kinda realized it wasnt so bad. By the time I started to enjoy myself, the ride was over.

Then I went to Dumbo and I was holding the stick down the whole time. At the end the ride force you up so I was about to curse. Once I got all the way up, I realized it wasnt so bad and when I started to enjoy it, the ride was over.

Next it was Peter Pan, which I was not afraid to begin with. But then I got in and I was watching the roof and how the ship in front of me turns instead of looking down. This one I didnt got to enjoy it. After I got out of it, I lost all confidence of getting into the bigger rides.

I was on a party of 6, and 4 of us chicken out of 7 dwarfs, including me. They decide to go again, and my FP was still up, so I dig deep and went to try it. I was going to be really disappointed with myself if I dont do it. I went into it, and I loved it. I screamed, laugh, pull my hands up. I actually enjoy it. And it felt so good when I went out.

Next day we went to Epcot. Soarin wasn't open (pfeww) but I wanted to try Test Track. Again I went into the FP line very tense, not talking to anyone. The test of the seatbelt don't help at all with the anxiety. I wasn't enjoy the accelerations at first, because all I was thinking off was the last part. Once I got on the last part, it was actually tame and fun. I was on my way of lifting my hands into the air when they took the picture.

Next day was DHS. I really want to one day get into Tower of Terror but I really was not in the mood of having another anxiety heavy half hour, as they kinda drain you, even if you felt great after it. RnRoller Coaster is out of my league, so I have no intentions of getting into it. I got into Star Tours, as it give me little anxiety, but I can manage it without a problem.

Then I went back to MK. This was the day I have my showdown against BTMR. All other rides were training for it. I got into the park, and BTMR was down. I WIN!!!! I totally conquer it. But then it was fixed 2 hours later (Doh!) and my FP was still valid. So I got on it and I was laughin the whole ride. It was my favorite moment of the trip. I wanted to quit on top, so I skipped Space Mountain.

Finally, I ended up skipping Everest (I gave myself 0 chance of getting into it) and Dinosaur (No time). Next day I also skipped Soarin (was open, but It was my last day and wanted to go to showcase to buy some stuff for family and friends).

I am coming back in October and I cant wait to get into BTMR and 7 Dwarfs, and really want to conquer FoP, Soarin, Space Mountain and Dinosaur. I am not going into DHS so Tower of Terror and RnR are out. The other ones that are out is Everest (but this time I give myself a 1%) and Mission Space: Orange (no thanks). I am feeling the anxiety from just writing this. It really takes a toll on me, even if I end up gettin into the ride and enjoy it.

I've been afraid of thrill rides all my life. I went to Disney in 1994 (I was 13) and went into BTMR and was not expecting it was more of a thrill ride than a normal ride. I was screaming to stop the ride the whole time. Since then, I am afraid of being on that situation again, trying to get out but was unable for a solid 2-3 minutes that feel like eternity. Since then I avoid thrill rides completely.

I went back to Disney in 2016 and I wanted to beat my fear and get on some of the rides, specially BTMR.

I started with Barnstormer. I didnt really think it much and got into the line and by the time I regret that decision I was already going up the hill. I hated every second of uplifting. Then, when I expected the worse on the way down, I kinda realized it wasnt so bad. By the time I started to enjoy myself, the ride was over.

Then I went to Dumbo and I was holding the stick down the whole time. At the end the ride force you up so I was about to curse. Once I got all the way up, I realized it wasnt so bad and when I started to enjoy it, the ride was over.

Next it was Peter Pan, which I was not afraid to begin with. But then I got in and I was watching the roof and how the ship in front of me turns instead of looking down. This one I didnt got to enjoy it. After I got out of it, I lost all confidence of getting into the bigger rides.

I was on a party of 6, and 4 of us chicken out of 7 dwarfs, including me. They decide to go again, and my FP was still up, so I dig deep and went to try it. I was going to be really disappointed with myself if I dont do it. I went into it, and I loved it. I screamed, laugh, pull my hands up. I actually enjoy it. And it felt so good when I went out.

Next day we went to Epcot. Soarin wasn't open (pfeww) but I wanted to try Test Track. Again I went into the FP line very tense, not talking to anyone. The test of the seatbelt don't help at all with the anxiety. I wasn't enjoy the accelerations at first, because all I was thinking off was the last part. Once I got on the last part, it was actually tame and fun. I was on my way of lifting my hands into the air when they took the picture.

Next day was DHS. I really want to one day get into Tower of Terror but I really was not in the mood of having another anxiety heavy half hour, as they kinda drain you, even if you felt great after it. RnRoller Coaster is out of my league, so I have no intentions of getting into it. I got into Star Tours, as it give me little anxiety, but I can manage it without a problem.

Then I went back to MK. This was the day I have my showdown against BTMR. All other rides were training for it. I got into the park, and BTMR was down. I WIN!!!! I totally conquer it. But then it was fixed 2 hours later (Doh!) and my FP was still valid. So I got on it and I was laughin the whole ride. It was my favorite moment of the trip. I wanted to quit on top, so I skipped Space Mountain.

Finally, I ended up skipping Everest (I gave myself 0 chance of getting into it) and Dinosaur (No time). Next day I also skipped Soarin (was open, but It was my last day and wanted to go to showcase to buy some stuff for family and friends).

I am coming back in October and I cant wait to get into BTMR and 7 Dwarfs, and really want to conquer FoP, Soarin, Space Mountain and Dinosaur. I am not going into DHS so Tower of Terror and RnR are out. The other ones that are out is Everest (but this time I give myself a 1%) and Mission Space: Orange (no thanks). I am feeling the anxiety from just writing this. It really takes a toll on me, even if I end up gettin into the ride and enjoy it.
Nice, really nice. :thumbsup2

And welcome to the dis.

I can't thank you enough for your post. I think I will copy it and take it with me to Disney. Like you I chicken out on our last trip and never did SDMT. I so regret it. I have it as a fastpass the first day there for this trip. And to add to the stress only my 6 year will be with me. I will need the encouragement. I watch the ride on youtube yesterday, and lost all confidence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter