Flamingo Crossing: Which Is The Best?

SarahC97

DIS Veteran
We're going to stay at Flamingo Crossing during our upcoming Thanksgiving trip to try to keep costs down. Right now I'm booked at Home2 Suites, but all the resorts over in that area seem to be about the same price point. I've never even ventured over off that side of the property so I'm wholly unfamiliar with it. Is there any hotel there (Home2, Homewood, Fairfield, Residence, Springhill, TownePlace) that is better than others or is about the same no matter which you choose? I'd like to be somewhere comfortable but I'll just go with the cheapest option if it doesn't really matter all that much. We're really only going to be sleeping at the resort. Thanks!

We're going to stay at Flamingo Crossing during our upcoming Thanksgiving trip to try to keep costs down. Right now I'm booked at Home2 Suites, but all the resorts over in that area seem to be about the same price point. I've never even ventured over off that side of the property so I'm wholly unfamiliar with it. Is there any hotel there (Home2, Homewood, Fairfield, Residence, Springhill, TownePlace) that is better than others or is about the same no matter which you choose? I'd like to be somewhere comfortable but I'll just go with the cheapest option if it doesn't really matter all that much. We're really only going to be sleeping at the resort. Thanks!

The Hiltons are brand new, the Marriotts 5 years old. All similar level so depends on your brand preference, age if it matters and what amenities they may individually provide. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, Disney sold them the property and controls what is built so they meet Disney standards.

Waffles (make yourself), assortment of breads and pastries, pre-made breakfast sandwiches (can heat in microwave), cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee, milk. Nothing served hot.

Unfortunately, Disney standards aren't what they used to be! :confused3 🤔

We love the spaciousness and layout of the Home2 Suites.

To clarify, Disney standards for these and other hotels they partner with have to do with a list of amenities the hotel has to provide. The level of service always falls back on the brand which is why I would choose a hotel based on brands I am happy with.

NOTE to OP or anyone it may make a difference to ............. Home2Suites is a Home2Pets2 hotel ... aka very pet friendly hotel, 2 per room. Didn't bother me as we are pet people but I know some that would not have been happy.

To clarify, Disney standards for these and other hotels they partner with have to do with a list of amenities the hotel has to provide. The level of service always falls back on the brand which is why I would choose a hotel based on brands I am happy with.

NOTE to OP or anyone it may make a difference to ............. Home2Suites is a Home2Pets2 hotel ... aka very pet friendly hotel, 2 per room. Didn't bother me as we are pet people but I know some that would not have been happy.
We're pet people too, so no biggie. But thanks for including that info! I have been researching it a little and the Home2 Suites looks pretty nice. And that location seems incredibly convenient to the parks. I'm saving $300 as compared to AS Movies. So with free breakfast, free parking, and no resort fee (and no Disney AP Discount on the room at Movies), I'm sold!

We're pet people too, so no biggie. But thanks for including that info! I have been researching it a little and the Home2 Suites looks pretty nice. And that location seems incredibly convenient to the parks. I'm saving $300 as compared to AS Movies. So with free breakfast, free parking, and no resort fee (and no Disney AP Discount on the room at Movies), I'm sold!

I'd stay there in a heartbeat, every trip. Especially when the retail stores and restaurants all open that will be a sweet spot! I just hope people don't find out too soon, keep those prices reasonable.

But we have Universal AP too so my next three trips are booked on Palm Parkway just outside Disney Springs and easy drive to Universal.

We stayed at Towneplace Suites back in June for less than $100/nt. Free breakfast and parking were the best. Free Mickey waffles every morning weren't bad either. The one restaurant, Flamingo's, was decent for the prices they offered. We didn't use the kitchen facilities in the room, but it was a nice option if needed. We'd definitely stay here again at the right price, or any of the Flamingo Crossings hotels.

We stayed at Towneplace Suites back in June for less than $100/nt. Free breakfast and parking were the best. Free Mickey waffles every morning weren't bad either. The one restaurant, Flamingo's, was decent for the prices they offered. We didn't use the kitchen facilities in the room, but it was a nice option if needed. We'd definitely stay here again at the right price, or any of the Flamingo Crossings hotels.
Nice! Thank you for the info! I'm excited to check these hotels out. At $130/night Thanksgiving week, I don't think I'll be able to beat it!

Spring Hill Suites and Towneplace were there first! We stayed during Hurricane Matthew. Residence Inn and Fairfield are new this year.

We’re local. When our a/c went kaput a couple years ago, we stayed at Springhill. It was reasonably priced AND we had a theme park view. We watched the fireworks from MK, EPCOT, and DHS. Only for a couple nights until a/c was replaced, but it was nice and I loved the Mickey waffles.

Flamingo Crossings is a hidden gem of a location. Not a lot of touristy stuff there, but if you're looking for a nice hotel close to the parks with good perks, it's a great option! The Walgreens there just opened and mini-Target (or whatever those small Target stores are called) looks like like it's almost finished. That being said, I think which hotel you choose really just depends on the layout you want. For example, every Home2 Suites we've stayed at is one big room with a kitchenette, but a Homewood has a separate bedroom with a door that closes. All of those hotels are newer and nice. I don't think you can go wrong with any, so I'd just choose whatever price and amenities work best of you. It's a nice area.

Flamingo Crossings is a hidden gem of a location. Not a lot of touristy stuff there, but if you're looking for a nice hotel close to the parks with good perks, it's a great option! The Walgreens there just opened and mini-Target (or whatever those small Target stores are called) looks like like it's almost finished. That being said, I think which hotel you choose really just depends on the layout you want. For example, every Home2 Suites we've stayed at is one big room with a kitchenette, but a Homewood has a separate bedroom with a door that closes. All of those hotels are newer and nice. I don't think you can go wrong with any, so I'd just choose whatever price and amenities work best of you. It's a nice area.
Thank you!

I remember a while ago they talked of building a Hampton Inn at Flamingo Crossing. Anyone know where that stands?

Springhill Suites is showing its age. Our bathroom barn door had no handle on the inside. Also some obvious damage to the walls. The elevator toward the back was quite shaky and made me nervous.

We've stayed at a lot of these chain hotels, although in other locations. If you want a 1 or 2 bedroom unit, we like Residence Inns. However, for a "studio suite" you can't beat Home2. They are well set-up with a nice curtain between living and sleeping areas for some privacy. Sofa bed was comfortable, the bathroom has plenty of shelf space, and the kitchen can't be beat- full fridge, dishwasher, coffee pot, toaster, microwave, fully stocked, and if you want to cook supper there are electric skillets available. We really like Home2 for the space and privacy they offer, much nicer (IMO) than the Springhill Suites we've stayed in recently.
We are headed to Orlando this weekend to visit a friend- he's gravely ill so the trip was somewhat unexpected- and will be at Cypress Point in Orlando the first night ($86 on Hotwire), Springhill Suites Cape Canaveral for the second night (not loving this, it's an awkward layout where the bathroom door is a sliding barn door with glass panel that shines out directly over the bed) as the price was right, and on the 3rd night we'll be at Home2 at the airport as we have an early flight (and free on Hilton points). It's a convoluted way to do a trip, but with prices, our flight times, and the hours within which we can visit our friend, it's a pretty good work-around.

Last edited:
We've stayed at a lot of these chain hotels, although in other locations. If you want a 1 or 2 bedroom unit, we like Residence Inns. However, for a "studio suite" you can't beat Home2. They are well set-up with a nice curtain between living and sleeping areas for some privacy. Sofa bed was comfortable, the bathroom has plenty of shelf space, and the kitchen can't be beat- full fridge, dishwasher, coffee pot, toaster, microwave, fully stocked, and if you want to cook supper there are electric skillets available. We really like Home2 for the space and privacy they offer, much nicer (IMO) than the Springhill Suites we've stayed in recently.
We are headed to Orlando this weekend to visit a friend- he's gravely ill so the trip was somewhat unexpected- and will be at Cypress Point in Orlando the first night ($86 on Hotwire), Springhill Suites Cape Canaveral for the second night (not loving this, it's an awkward layout where the bathroom door is a sliding barn door with glass panel that shines out directly over the bed) as the price was right, and on the 3rd night we'll be at Home2 at the airport as we have an early flight (and free on Hilton points). It's a convoluted way to do a trip, but with prices, our flight times, and the hours within which we can visit our friend, it's a pretty good work-around.
I decided on Home2 at Flamingo Crossing. I had hilton points to use and like that it's a newer hotel. Feeling good about the choice - I hope we like it!

I'm staying at the Home2Suites for the first time in a couple of weeks. We enjoy being on property, but it was so much cheaper than even an All Star resort. Since we have APs we will also save on parking. I have heard so many good things about staying in that area

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter