Fishing Excursion advice please

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by thumper*, Oct 31, 2018.

1. thumper*

thumper* Disney Dreamer

:fish:Hello my husband would like to book a fishing excursion on our next visit to WDW. Has anyone had experience with this and recommend which lake (Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon, Village Lake, Crescent Lake and World Showcase Lagoon) might have the best fishing? TIA for your help :fish:

2. darlaya

darlaya Mouseketeer

We did this several years ago and loved it. We arranged for early morning. I think we boarded at the Yacht and Beach Club. Caught lots of fish. Guide was great.

thumper* likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. thumper*

thumper* Disney Dreamer

Thanks Darlaya

5. k5thbeatle

k5thbeatle DIS Veteran

We've done this several times but I will say some of the guides are better/more fun than others by a long shot! (And I'm talking about catching or not catching fish)

6. thumper*

thumper* Disney Dreamer

Yeah and I'm sure it's just luck of the draw as well.

k5thbeatle likes this.
  7. Ghost Host Bill

Ghost Host Bill Earning My Ears

Many years ago my dad and I went fishing at The Caribbean Resort. we caught a good amount of fish.

thumper* likes this.
  8. k5thbeatle

k5thbeatle DIS Veteran

Yes pretty much. I didn't realize until now that in my haste I made a mistake in my post above. I meant to say: And I'm NOT talking about catching or not catching fish. We've always had a good time but a few of our guides were kind of stand offish? But they're generally the exception than the rule. I recommend going as they're fun excursions.

thumper* likes this.