Fishing,accelerating modifying and MEP

When using an MEP on a ride like Alice in Wonderland, how do the CMs take your MEP away? As you enter through the exit, do they scan your phone to debit your MEP?

When using an MEP on a ride like Alice in Wonderland, how do the CMs take your MEP away? As you enter through the exit, do they scan your phone to debit your MEP?

Yep. Just go to the CM near the exit and they will scan your phone (or magic bands if you have them). It's the same process as DAS users and wheelchair users go through.

Just want to thank all tips for accelerating. Just finished 4 days and here our some of my personal experiences.

Was able to get MEP from Matterhorn early first day and accelerated everything the rest of the day. We were not allowed to use the MEP on Alice.

Was able to get MEP early from Goofy on second day then Webslingers around lunch.

Was able to get MEP from Indy late morning on third day. I thought we were going receive another MEP when pirates went down but only received an experience redemption to return later.

Got MEP from goofy on third day but could have easily received them from Webslingers and Incredicoaster.

Just want to thank all tips for accelerating. Just finished 4 days and here our some of my personal experiences.

Was able to get MEP from Matterhorn early first day and accelerated everything the rest of the day. We were not allowed to use the MEP on Alice.

Was able to get MEP early from Goofy on second day then Webslingers around lunch.

Was able to get MEP from Indy late morning on third day. I thought we were going receive another MEP when pirates went down but only received an experience redemption to return later.

Got MEP from goofy on third day but could have easily received them from Webslingers and Incredicoaster.

Accelerating LLs using Gold Tier MEPs is just incredible. So fun and easy. It's the best way to do Disneyland.

That's interesting that they didn't allow you to use the MEP on Alice. We were allowed to with no issue. The CM scanned our Silver Tier MEP and let us on. That being said, I would never burn a Matterhorn (Gold Tier) MEP on Alice, unless we had multiple sets of Gold Tier MEPs. Keep that thing all day.

How do you get the MEP? Does it just show up on your app if something you have scheduled goes down, or do you have to go to the attraction to get it? What if you're in line standby and the ride goes down?

How do you get the MEP? Does it just show up on your app if something you have scheduled goes down, or do you have to go to the attraction to get it? What if you're in line standby and the ride goes down?
If you are in the standby line and the ride goes down, they will typically give you the option to stay in line and see if/when the line reopens. Or you can leave the line and then line up again when it reopens (so you are back in standby, but at the end of whatever line there is). Only in very unusual circumstances would SB folks get any type of LL or MEP for a ride breakdown. That is the risk of SB.

I’m not sure if this questions is allowed here, but does anyone know if acceleration works at Disney World?

I tried to figure it out in the Disney World sub, but they get upset if you mention anything about Disneyland (which I did to try and explain what accelerating was). It seems like their MEPs aren’t good for as many rides, so it might not be that useful to accelerate anyways.

I’m not sure if this questions is allowed here, but does anyone know if acceleration works at Disney World?

I tried to figure it out in the Disney World sub, but they get upset if you mention anything about Disneyland (which I did to try and explain what accelerating was). It seems like their MEPs aren’t good for as many rides, so it might not be that useful to accelerate anyways.
So I haven't personally done it, but I definitely read a thread where someone had an MEP they got on space mountain. They were able to get a new LL for space after their original converted. They decided they wanted to ride space twice so went to use their MEP before their LL return time and were surprised to see that their LL was taken, not their MEP.
I would agree that it's probably not as useful there as an MEP both has tiers and is limited to the park it was earned in.

So I haven't personally done it, but I definitely read a thread where someone had an MEP they got on space mountain. They were able to get a new LL for space after their original converted. They decided they wanted to ride space twice so went to use their MEP before their LL return time and were surprised to see that their LL was taken, not their MEP.
I would agree that it's probably not as useful there as an MEP both has tiers and is limited to the park it was earned in.
Thank you so much!

We had an MEP and a LL for guardians. We scanned into guardians to use the MEP and noticed it used our LL instead. I wish I would have read this sooner and knew how to accelerate !! Totally my fault for not being in the know.

Yes, it works at WDW, or did this past January when I was there. The tiers are different but still very useful!

Thank you for this thread. Just did two days and was worried we wouldn't be able to hit everything. The standby times were long, Haunted Mansion and Tiana's obviously closed and Indy was down most of both days, but with accelerating and modifying we knocked everything out.

Rope dropped DCA and got the big rides knocked out in the morning and then got a silver MEP when Monsters went down. Hopped over to DL and knocked out the silver tier rides and by constantly modifying, snagged a SM and Indy to ride later in the evening while we took a break in the afternoon.

Next day at rope drop, we took a gamble and started the day in Fantasyland to knock those rides out and got a Gold MEP when Indy was down at opening. We then had a relatively stress free day, riding everything as we wanted.

Even snagged a Blue Bayou reservation for lunch the night before by constantly refreshing the reservation page.

Almost became a game to see how we could improve our day as we went.
Thanks again. Was a little hesitant the first time scanning in holding a MEP and a LL for the wrong time, but it worked every time.

Refresh, recharge, check again, fish, modify, etc. rinse and repeat. It can be done, but it is exhausting, stressful and distracts from enjoying the atmosphere. Indy, Big Thunder, Space and Webslingers gave us our MEPs during the trip. We used a cardstock copy of our ticket barcode in a lanyard to hold in the scanner slot and it worked great. Easier and faster than swiping over for each persons entry.

So yesterday we got an MEP for Incredicoaster which was down in the rain. But the MEP was only a "Silver" MEP - did not allow entrance on any of the other Gold Rides (i.e. Indy, TSM, Space Mountain, etc). Also tried to accelerate our LL for Indy (since we had the MEP) but it did not work. My guess would be that since Indy was not eligible for the MEP it would therefore not accelerate our LL for Indy. Is that correct?

Really not sure why the Incredicoaster MEP was so weak....anyone experience this before?

So yesterday we got an MEP for Incredicoaster which was down in the rain. But the MEP was only a "Silver" MEP - did not allow entrance on any of the other Gold Rides (i.e. Indy, TSM, Space Mountain, etc). Also tried to accelerate our LL for Indy (since we had the MEP) but it did not work. My guess would be that since Indy was not eligible for the MEP it would therefore not accelerate our LL for Indy. Is that correct?

Really not sure why the Incredicoaster MEP was so weak....anyone experience this before?
It is because Incredicoaster is SILVER not GOLD MEP. GOLD MEP accelerates almost everything, but Silver only accelerates Silver and below.

Per @DLRExpert

As of 8/19/2023...
Disneyland Gold Tier MEPs
Indiana Jones (most likely to go down during the day)
Space Mountain
Matterhorn (most likely to go down during the day)
Haunted Mansion Holiday (holiday version only)
Small World Holiday (holiday version only)
Disneyland Silver Tier MEPs
Haunted Mansion (non-holiday version)
Big Thunder Mountain (most likely to go down during the day)
Small World (non-holiday version) (most likely to go down during the day)
Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run
Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin (most likely to go down during the day)
Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters
Star Tours
Autopia

Disney California Adventure Gold Tier MEPs
Spider-Man Web Slingers (most likely to go down during the day)
Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout (same for non-holiday and holiday version)
Toy Story Midway Mania (most likely to go down during the day)
Disney California Adventure Silver Tier MEPs
Incredicoaster (most likely to go down during the day)
Goofy's Sky School (most likely to go down during the day)
Grizzly River Run (most likely to go down during the day)
Soarin
Monsters Inc (most likely to go down during the day)

It is because Incredicoaster is SILVER not GOLD MEP. GOLD MEP accelerates almost everything, but Silver only accelerates Silver and below.

Per @DLRExpert

As of 8/19/2023...
Disneyland Gold Tier MEPs
Indiana Jones (most likely to go down during the day)
Space Mountain
Matterhorn (most likely to go down during the day)
Haunted Mansion Holiday (holiday version only)
Small World Holiday (holiday version only)
Disneyland Silver Tier MEPs
Haunted Mansion (non-holiday version)
Big Thunder Mountain (most likely to go down during the day)
Small World (non-holiday version) (most likely to go down during the day)
Millennium Falcon Smugglers Run
Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin (most likely to go down during the day)
Buzz Lightyear Astroblasters
Star Tours
Autopia

Disney California Adventure Gold Tier MEPs
Spider-Man Web Slingers (most likely to go down during the day)
Guardians of the Galaxy Mission Breakout (same for non-holiday and holiday version)
Toy Story Midway Mania (most likely to go down during the day)
Disney California Adventure Silver Tier MEPs
Incredicoaster (most likely to go down during the day)
Goofy's Sky School (most likely to go down during the day)
Grizzly River Run (most likely to go down during the day)
Soarin
Monsters Inc (most likely to go down during the day)
Can also now add Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway to the Gold Tier list.

Had a snafu using rider switch. First ride the LL was used and had rider switch credit applied. However, on second entry hoping to use rider switch credit, the MEP was used instead of rider switch credit.

Also, accidentally double scanned once as both magic band and ticket were scanned within seconds of each other. Why does IT allow same account to be scanned twice? This was DCA and we still managed to do everything but not losing the MEP would have made day slightly better.

Also, accidentally double scanned once as both magic band and ticket were scanned within seconds of each other. Why does IT allow same account to be scanned twice? This was DCA and we still managed to do everything but not losing the MEP would have made day slightly better.
This is what we call user error. What happened after you scanned twice?

Had a snafu using rider switch. First ride the LL was used and had rider switch credit applied. However, on second entry hoping to use rider switch credit, the MEP was used instead of rider switch credit.

We had that with a child in our party--accidentally scanning their MB twice and thus taking the MEP and the LL. The blue umbrellas were able to put the MEP back on, but after the second time this happened, that kid didn't get to use their MB for the rest of the day. :)

I am kind of surprised that this happened so easily. Though I could see a situation in which you'd want to use both (maybe one member of your party didn't have a LL for that ride and you wanted to use both your LL and MEP so you could ride together) I would think that would be the exception rather than the norm and at the very least there would be a delay in being able to accept two passes from one person. Maybe even a cast member over-ride (blue light) to make sure you really want to take two?

I don't remember having any issues with rider switch while using the accelerating, but I think I was always in party 1 so maybe there were and I'm just not remembering. That is good information for those using the technique going forward.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter