Fish extenders. One time use or same one all the time?

darnheather

DIS Veteran
I got nervous about things last cruise and bought a cheap item off Amazon for our fish extender. Now I want to make one but we have at least two more cruises after this one. Do you make/buy a general fish extender or get/make a new one specific to each cruise?

Example: 2017 cruise is Halloween and Marvel, 2018 cruise is Merrytime, 2019 cruise is transatlantic for graduation. Do I make one FE for all three or a halloween/Marvel, Christmas, graduation FE in turn for separate trips.

In the end I know it's up to me but curious what others do.

I got nervous about things last cruise and bought a cheap item off Amazon for our fish extender. Now I want to make one but we have at least two more cruises after this one. Do you make/buy a general fish extender or get/make a new one specific to each cruise?

Example: 2017 cruise is Halloween and Marvel, 2018 cruise is Merrytime, 2019 cruise is transatlantic for graduation. Do I make one FE for all three or a halloween/Marvel, Christmas, graduation FE in turn for separate trips.

In the end I know it's up to me but curious what others do.
I had a different one the first time. But my daughter made matching FEs for both our rooms on the next cruise. That's the one I've used since.

I use iron-on transfers to change the decoration on the FE, if I want to. They're pretty easy to remove and replace.

I made ours the first time we participated and have used the same one each time.

I bought one and use it every time. I made sure to not mark it with date or ship name for that reason. If you were making it yourself I guess you could change it up but I wouldn't pay to have another made

Thanks everyone I think I'm going to go the velcro route so I can mix it up but use the same base.

You can also have a clear sleeve to just print off paper to slide into, like mine pictured

Attachments

• IMG_1497.JPG
    IMG_1497.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1498.JPG
    IMG_1498.JPG
    139.4 KB · Views: 28
You can also have a clear sleeve to just print off paper to slide into, like mine pictured
I like that! Very smart! Ours is generic, not holiday-specific, and I did kind of wonder what others did with the ones that are themed to a holiday. But maybe they only take Christmastime cruises, who knows! I had a friend make mine and gave her free reign to do whatever she wanted, but if I made them - I think I'd go with something like yours.

I like that! Very smart! Ours is generic, not holiday-specific, and I did kind of wonder what others did with the ones that are themed to a holiday. But maybe they only take Christmastime cruises, who knows! I had a friend make mine and gave her free reign to do whatever she wanted, but if I made them - I think I'd go with something like yours.
Thank you very much :) I did make it and my boyfriend helped a bit :) I was adamant about sewing the clear window.
Oh, could you alter yours to put the window or Velcro on?
If you do end up needing help, let me know, I made mine from scratch :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter