Fish Extender Gifts

We just concluded our vacation aboard the Dream May 29th-June 3rd and were welcomed with an overwhelming generosity from our shipmates. The gift exchange was phenomenal and beyond our imagination...from embroidered bags with our Family name and family stick figures, cinch/backpacks, disney trading pins, necklaces, magnets, candy, coloring books, beautiful homemade stationary, water squirters, disney themed socks for our boys....the list goes on and on. Below is a photo of the bottlecap necklaces that we shared with our DISer's. We enjoyed every part of our cruise and this bit of "pixie dust" was no exception.

fe-1.jpg

Luv the bottlecap necklaces & your shirts!:thumbsup2

(Hey Mollygirl! Sounds like you've been busy...hehe)

I'm thinking of bringing MoonPies. They are made here in Chattanooga and are good, but are REALLY good if you microwave them. We also are home to RC Cola, but I don't think I can get those on board as easily.

Lori P. :)

I don't have a pic of anything to add here yet...just wanted to say hi neighbor!!! we are in Polk county, just east of you.

Lisa

i posted in the home-made FE thread but wanted to share here:goodvibes.

What i came up with (and for those on the 7/24 sailing don't look:3dglasses) odd we only had 5 families participating :confused3but was able to work that budget fer sure!

adults - suduko book, mechanical pencils, sewing kit (really nice ones @ micheals for $1!), lip balms and for the home-made portion;), a personalized family magnet and a turbi-towel (i never leave home without one) that i appliqued w/mm head from ribbon im going to use to make my GD a pillowcase dress when im back home.

newpics010.jpg

kids - a lightup wand, 2 lip glosses, charactar wash cloth & either a ball on a string for the teen/tween boys or an age appropriate disney puzzle in a tin for the gals.

This is the same dilemma that I had two years ago. I'm always at a loss for what to do for the teenagers. Any ideas?

This is the same dilemma that I had two years ago. I'm always at a loss for what to do for the teenagers. Any ideas?

I just had a thought i was at both micheal's and wallmart and i just came across some disney princess and cars sitckers for 88 cents for a package of 104. also at micheals the sales person told me that they allways have a large basket full of inexpesive disney toys for the kids. I'm thinking for my EF i may get these for the kids. For the adluts i 'm having travel jourals printed. I find that it will cost less in time and frustration. And of course i will give candy. I will more than likley give one tin per stateroom.

:scared1:I am realizing how much room the fe are going to take.. How do I ship to the ship... If I fed x it would that be better? I really don't want to carry them. We are sailing th 4th of March. If I 2nd day, (dh has benefits) then it would be fine... But I have no idea where to send and how I get them once on board? Help!:confused3

:scared1:I am realizing how much room the fe are going to take.. How do I ship to the ship... If I fed x it would that be better? I really don't want to carry them. We are sailing the 4th of March. If I 2nd day, (dh has benefits) then it would be fine... But I have no idea where to send and how I get them once on board? Help!:confused3

I know what you're saying. I didn't give huge gifts but with 32 kids and 16 rooms I took everything down and put it together when I was killing time at the hotel before the cruise. (we went to LA for a few days precruise) When put together it took up 2 carry ons, and that was with squishing some of the bags down. Look at it this way. After you had them out you have room for what you'll be getting back (we got about a small shopping beg full back) and you have room for all the shopping you want to do.

DH just said we could ship them to the hotel we are at for 5 days before... then the treats won't melt sitting at port. Now that is a good idea... I must talk to him more often!:rotfl::lovestruc

When we did the FE before, I was able to use a big duffle type bag to get it all in and then it was weighted down and nearly broke my back carrying it from the van to the terminal and then to the room. We drove that year so that made it easier and then I just used the bag to put what we received for the drive home. This year, I am looking to condense since we will be flying and staying with friends. I think I'll ship everything to our friend's house where we are staying Friday and Saturday night before the cruise, and then ship our goodies before we fly home on Thursday night. This is really my only option, at least that I can think of.

We drove to PC-so I could carry more. We had about 12 oms, I filled a 26" suitcase. The dogs inspected it(had the sticker on it) guess the candy/choc could be smelled. I included some bch toys for baby/toddlers, a DCL pin,candy,photo book for adlts, little girls were bracelets,lipgloss...,little boys had super bounce disney balls, toy story or cars toys...teens boys were more food,decks of cards, glow items, paddle balls,...he teen girls were journals,cute pens,beads for pirate night...

I like delivering everything the first night so I could use the suitcase for souveneirs, navigators,...and just stuff it under the bed then.

We are flying from Washington State, with three young kids... one stop, switch planes and then to wdw. So having one less bag would be nice. We did individual gifts for a 73 people..... now that is alot of baggies!:eek:

For the adluts i 'm having travel jourals printed. I find that it will cost less in time and frustration.

I like the travel journals for the adults idea. I learned a hard lesson the last time. I wanted to give a crazy amount of gifts to everyone on our list as if I was the only one participating and I have to remind myself that is not the case. I had so much stuff and I nearly lost my mind thinking and rethinking everything and making sure that everyone got what they were supposed to get and it was enough. Regardless of how much you spend or give, we always got soo excited to see something in our FE when we came to our room and nearly knocked each other down :lmao: trying to open the bags and dump them on the bed. Handing them out was a wonderful feeling too.

I included some bch toys for baby/toddlers, a DCL pin,candy,photo book for adlts, little girls were bracelets,lipgloss...,little boys had super bounce disney balls, toy story or cars toys...teens boys were more food,decks of cards, glow items, paddle balls,...he teen girls were journals,cute pens,beads for pirate night...

I like delivering everything the first night so I could use the suitcase for souveneirs, navigators,...and just stuff it under the bed then.

I love these ideas. I handed out the light up bracelets too and saw some of the kids wearing them on pirate night. I like the teen gifts too. I can't remember exactly what I did last time for the teens, but there were only a couple. It seems like gum, cards, beads, candy and sample type bottles of sunscreen.

And I also like to hand out mine the first night too. That way I can relax about it. I think I get a little too worked up! :eek:

... For the adluts i 'm having travel jourals printed. I find that it will cost less in time and frustration. And of course i will give candy. I will more than likley give one tin per stateroom.

I like the travel journals for the adults idea. I learned a hard lesson the last time. I wanted to give a crazy amount of gifts to everyone on our list as if I was the only one participating and I have to remind myself that is not the case. I had so much stuff and I nearly lost my mind thinking and rethinking everything and making sure that everyone got what they were supposed to get and it was enough. Regardless of how much you spend or give, we always got soo excited to see something in our FE when we came to our room and nearly knocked each other down :lmao: trying to open the bags and dump them on the bed. Handing them out was a wonderful feeling too.

:thumbsup2 Totally agree!
I learned the same lesson. I sent a box to the ship and had a carry on bag of FE gifts. I went totally overboard (pun intended).

I love the idea of the travel journals for the adults.:cool1:

I was so stressed out about it that my DD said she really doesn't want to do the FE this time around, so I have to redeem myself because it was a lot of fun once we got there and handed out our gifts and began receiving them.

Try the $ spot in the front of Target. Last week they had some pretty cute Disney themed items>

They change it all the time...once I found some cute tins. Bought several, wish I had bought them all!

Once in the office supply area of Target they had 4 different Mickey journals. Got 1 for each of us ($5). Last week they had the same different Mickey covers on a spiral bound notebook...kids might like them for school.

As she said keep checking the $1 bin as well as the office supply area. Also got some neat Mickey glasses ($2.50) each last week...they always seem to have plastic dishes/drinking glasses available.

(Hey Mollygirl! Sounds like you've been busy...hehe)

I'm thinking of bringing MoonPies. They are made here in Chattanooga and are good, but are REALLY good if you microwave them. We also are home to RC Cola, but I don't think I can get those on board as easily.

Lori P. :)

Isn't Krystal HQ'd in Chatt. And Gold Bond Powder. Don't think they would be great FE gifts though. Love Krystal...trying to think of a Georgia gift (pecan's-?) for our trip!

Moon Pies are great!

How do you ship something to the ship? :confused3
Never done it before.

From the FAQ sticky
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966

Boxes Sent the Ship Ahead of Cruise - PLEASE follow these instructions carefully!!!!!!

• ONE box per stateroom, no exceptions.
• The package must have the guest full name, ship, sailing date, stateroom number or GTY if you have not been assigned a stateroom number.
• The package also must have a packing slip attached to the outside of the box that details the contents of the package. For prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient. Your list may or may not be read but it must have one. Write packing slip on the outside of the envelope.
• NO FOODS/DRINKS OF ANY KIND, LIQUOR OF ANY KIND, FIREARMS, ETC.. Items that cannot be shipped to the Disney Cruise Line Warehouse and delivered to the ship include: food products (any and all food products including baby food/formula), beverages (liquor, water, etc.), chemicals, and luggage. These items will not be accepted at the warehouse and will be returned. This may cause the dogs to hit on your box and that would be a bad thing.
• The required size of the cartons you are shipping down have to be about the size of a record storage box 12 inches on a side and should not weigh more than 20 lbs. (This has been asked personally by Dave Adams who is the owner)

Address your package(s) to:
Disney Cruise Line Warehouse
Guest Name / Stateroom # (GTY, if you don't know what it is when you send the package)
8633 Transport Drive
Orlando, FL 32832
Phone: 407-566-8196

In the bottom left corner of the top of the package put the following information: ATTN: HOUSEKEEPING
*Name
*Sail Date
*Ship
*Stateroom Number
*Packing slip that details contents of the package (for prescriptions, a copy of the prescription is sufficient)
• Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00pm for the 7-Night Cruise on the Disney Magic (Saturday).
• Packages must arrive by Friday by 3:00pm for the 4-Night Cruise on the Disney Wonder (Sunday).
• Packages must arrive by Wednesday by 3:00pm for the 3-Night Cruise on the Disney Wonder (Thursday).

If your box is hit on by the screening dog or chosen for additional screening they will open the list and the box and look through it. They will close it back up and provided nothing bad is in it then it will be in your room as usual later after boarding. These boxes will be coming on the ship with the crew mail among other things so they may be in the staterooms later then they were before as they are low priority in the scheme of things for Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter