fish extender gift giving etiquette

I participated in my first fe gift exchange on my fantasy cruise last September I got a wonderful variety of things such as pens candy magnets key rings and a Minnie Mouse hairbow. I gave out a travel booklet that I had printed with pictures of our ship the fantasy. This booklet had sections on where we ate what friends we made our crew including the captain and our overall travel experience I also gave out candy magnets and the kids got your favorite character merchandise all in all it was a great experience by the way my f E I was made for me by my Disney boyfriends mom

I have to admit I'm a FE fan! (Just want to mention that going in LOL)

I did a small group for gifts (from another Disney Fan site)on the Panama Canal WB (Jan 2011.) Which was really easy on my own, and was part of a group that ordered and delivered white boards for the whole group (my first face to face meeting with other Dissers) which I also thought was easy to do for me the hardest part is meeting people I don't know.

On the Oct 2012 Hawaiian cruise I did 2 different gifts and delivered twice (it was a 2 week cruise) I counted the deliveries as part of my exercise for the day LOL. I did purse tissue packet holders,one per stateroom which I delivered the first full cruise day (sewn with Disney fabrics) and then made luggage handle wraps 1 for each person that I delivered the last full day of the cruise. It was so much fun getting off the ship and seeing the luggage handle wraps on all the suitcases sitting waiting to be picked up in the port, even my DH mentioned it.

These gifts helped me clean out my "fabric stash" (until I started buying special fabric for the kids LOL), then I ended up adding to it a lot.

This is great info! I have wondered about etiquette from past cruisers.

Would it be a faux pas to make chocolate Mickey/Minnie mouse suckers to give as a fish extender gift? Some people get a little wierded out when
something is homemade.

You might want to look at the allowed items... I was going to have my FE gift for my past cruise be mason jar cookie ingredients, but since they did not have packaging it was considered home made even though they were not technically cooked. I wasn't allowed to bring them on board. I ended up putting packaged hot cocoa into the mason jars along with package marshmallows with mugs. That was my last minute change and it worked. We were on a merry time cruise so it fit.

You might want to look at the allowed items... I was going to have my FE gift for my past cruise be mason jar cookie ingredients, but since they did not have packaging it was considered home made even though they were not technically cooked. I wasn't allowed to bring them on board. I ended up putting packaged hot cocoa into the mason jars along with package marshmallows with mugs. That was my last minute change and it worked. We were on a merry time cruise so it fit.
Good to know... Thanks so much for your quick response! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter