First Visit to Disneyland

Fantasia Sam

I've been here so much longer!
<font face="Comic Sans MS">I am planning an adults only trip to the West Coast after our last 3 USA hols have been to Orlando.

Plan is :

3 nights Hollywood
3 nights Anaheim

4 nights Las Vegas

4 nights San Francisco

Coming from the UK the weather is important but so is off-peak periods.

Please can you suggest:

What time of year to visit and what hotels are best I don't thing we'll be able to afford to stay on-site - but you never know.</font>

<font colour="#FF0066"><font face="Comic Sans MS"><font size="4"><bold>Sam</bold></font>
128.gif

WDW off-site visitor '96 '98 '00</font></font>

We have gone in October and had very nice weather and very few crowds. The spring tends to be busier.

Oops! I just realized I had my app set to earliest posts first... Hence the bump from 2001

October is not a low crowds time for DLR. Weekdays are better, but the weekends during Halloween Time are very crowded. Plus, there will be Mickey's Halloween Party several days a week (usually Tuesdays and Fridays, but sometimes Mondays and Wednesdays, too) which will affect operating hours. The weather is usually good, but can vary quite a bit. We've experienced October weather from heavy rain (parks can still be fun as long as you are dressed appropriately) to high heat (over 80* F after 10pm) and everything in between.

We like going in April.. the weather during the day is sunny.. but cooler in the evenings.. now saying that... Im from Seattle area and Im always cold.... so I will be the crazy person with the fleece on in summer.... but the rest of my party will wear shorts and Tee and just a light jacket when the sun goes down...
Late April or early May are good low crowd times.. Easter is over kids still in school and the weather warming as spring arrives ,
We stay in a time share on Katella.. and use the ART .
but I have heard good things about most of the Hotels on Harbor... they are within walking distance to the parks.. some of the hotels further aways on Harbor have their own shuttle buses..

Hope you have a great trip..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter