First trip to Universal (December)

1craftymom

Earning My Ears
I’m taking my daughter(10) for a quick 1st trip to Universal December 13-16. We are going to stay onsite but debating on which hotel. During these dates, is having express pass necessary or can we get by without it? If we do need it, how big of a hassle is it to move hotels? For example stay 1 night at Royal Pacific & then 3 nights at Sapphire Falls. We are considering going to WDW for MVMCP one night, is that too ambitious? We definitely want to see the Christmas offerings & Harry Potter nighttime show. I’ve read lots of trip reports but wanted a few opinions. Thanks in advance.

I don't think switching hotels would be difficult at all. I think it sounds like a great plan - that way you've got 2 days of express pass. I've read of lots of other people on this forum that say they do it. Doing the Christmas party should be doable too. Sounds like a fun trip.

Slight highjack...TIA
Does this mean that the day you check in and then the Next day, the day you check out u get Express pass? Even if/when u check into next hotel?

An Opinion on weekend ... 11/8, 9 , 10....
First visit, have some flexibility as it’s before
An on-site Disney stay..

Slight highjack...TIA
Does this mean that the day you check in and then the Next day, the day you check out u get Express pass? Even if/when u check into next hotel?

An Opinion on weekend ... 11/8, 9 , 10....
First visit, have some flexibility as it’s before
An on-site Disney stay..

Yes, EP is valid full check in and check out day.

Yes, EP is valid full check in and check out day.

Do you have an opinion on whether Express is Needed at that time of year?
If it’s not... I think I’d cut costs and stay at the
Lower cost hotel on site.

I’m really looking to enjoy some rides... I don’t ride super fast or coasters .. is the Express pass needed then?
Thx for any guidance..

I’m really looking to enjoy some rides... I don’t ride super fast or coasters .. is the Express pass needed then?
Thx for any guidance..

I'm no expert by any means, but I'm thinking the express might come in handy since it is a long weekend? Probably depends on your tolerance for lines (I have pretty low tolerance - won't wait more than about 30 minutes).

I'm no expert by any means, but I'm thinking the express might come in handy since it is a long weekend? Probably depends on your tolerance for lines (I have pretty low tolerance - won't wait more than about 30 minutes).

Thx!!! My tolerance is the same lol!

Thx for any guidance..

Well, I’m a little biased as we are never without EP! I have little to no tolerance for waits, and will use EP even if there are only a few folks in line......lol.....

But, any weekend is going to be busier. Some rides are always busy, and EP is very much appreciated on those rides. I have no experience of that weekend in particular, but maybe someone who has been will come along with their opinion.

Well, I’m a little biased as we are never without EP! I have little to no tolerance for waits, and will use EP even if there are only a few folks in line......lol.....

But, any weekend is going to be busier. Some rides are always busy, and EP is very much appreciated on those rides. I have no experience of that weekend in particular, but maybe someone who has been will come along with their opinion.
Thx for the input. I’ll just plan on express from upgraded hotel! Seems easiest overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!