• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

First Trip to Aulani

karebear06

DIS Veteran
We just got back from a 4 night trip to Aulani. The resort is absolutely beautiful, detailed, and culturally accurate. We ate at both restaurants which were good. I wish they had more restaurant options and extended hours. The only counter service for dinner was open 5-8. I highly recommend the Oleo Room. Each day from 5-7 they have happy hour with $5 and $7 drinks/ appetizers. We also ate there for breakfast. It was the most budget friendly place and served a variety of continental items and croissant sandwiches.

The biggest disappointment was the Adventures By Disney excursion to Kualoa Ranch. The tour guide was not a disney employee (thought it would be since it was ABD.) We went to the Secret Beach first so everyone could eat lunch, swim, and kayak etc. The time there was supposed to be private, but there was another large group there. Our tour guide told us to hurry up and eat so we could get the kayaks before the other group gets there. The water was not at all clear so snorkeling was pointless. The lagoon at Aulani was so much better, so I thought it was odd for Disney to have an excursion to another beach that was not as clean or nice as the resort lagoon. The horseback ride was nice, but all in all, I was expecting something more for the price and since Adventures By Disney's name was on it. So I don't recommend this tour at all. Do it in your own. It's much cheaper and the experience will be just the same.

We loved, loved, loved the Spa. My husband and I booked a couples massage and received the DVC complimentary upgrade to the Signature Lomi Lomi massage. Everything was top notch and the hydrotherapy garden was very relaxing. Reminded me of the cruise's rainforest room but better.

Hopefully this information is helpful. I will be more than happy to answer any questions.

Thanks for sharing, we will be checking in this Saturday. :cool1: Do you remember what some of the apps in the Oleo room were during happy hour?

Thanks for sharing, we will be checking in this Saturday. :cool1: Do you remember what some of the apps in the Oleo room were during happy hour?

Nachos, Garlic Fries, Cheese Bread, and I believe some sort of Tuna Roll. I can't remember the other options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter