First trip since the early 90's planned for January!

WawaCoffee

Thank the Phoenicians
Hello all,

I've been lurking here for quite a while and finally decided to register! My girlfriend and I just booked a trip for January 2019. We are staying at the Port Orleans Riverside- very exciting considering this will be our first trip to Disney since we were both young in the early 90's.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post questions, but here it goes!

• As a birthday gift to me, my girlfriend's parents purchased us both an additional 1-day park ticket! I linked this ticket to my Disney Experience app/account. Our account now shows our hotel package tickets (3-day magic your way), as well as the additional 1-day tickets. My question is, 60-days in advance, will the FastPass system allow us to make reservations for all 4 days we will be in the park, or can we only make reservations for the 3-day magic your way tickets which are tied to our hotel reservation?
  • We want to use the 1-day park ticket at Epcot the first day we arrive (it is a non-Magic Kingdom ticket), and save the 3-day tickets for when we go to Magic Kingdom. Is there a way to re-arrange the tickets in the app so that when we scan into the park with our Magic Bands, it won't use our 3-day ticket? We will be checking into the hotel around 10AM so we are very happy that we received these extra 1-day tickets!
Sorry if these questions were confusing to anyone!

- John

Hi, and welcome to the DIS! I'm sure you'll have a great time! To answer your questions:

Yes, you should be able to make the 60 days in advance FP+ selections as long as you have an on-site stay and valid ticket media. It is cheaper to add days to a ticket as opposed to using an additional single day ticket, but since that is what you have, it shouldn't be an issue.

What you need to do here is prioritize the tickets. Drop by Guest Services or one of the ticket windows before you enter the park and ask that the one-day ticket be prioritized to be used first. That should be all you have to do.

I would recommend posing questions on the Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies board, which is the main section for general questions about WDW. There are other sections for restaurants, resorts, and transportation too, but tickets, attractions, and general touring questions are best posed on TPAS to get the best and quickest answers. There are some good stickies on there too, at the top of the board, including the FP+ FAQ (by Mesaboy), Ticket FAQ (by Robo), and Maps (also by Robo). These are incredibly useful resources!

Check out TPAS here: https://www.disboards.com/forums/theme-parks-attractions-and-strategies.2/

Enjoy!

Hi, and welcome to the DIS! I'm sure you'll have a great time! To answer your questions:

Yes, you should be able to make the 60 days in advance FP+ selections as long as you have an on-site stay and valid ticket media. It is cheaper to add days to a ticket as opposed to using an additional single day ticket, but since that is what you have, it shouldn't be an issue.

What you need to do here is prioritize the tickets. Drop by Guest Services or one of the ticket windows before you enter the park and ask that the one-day ticket be prioritized to be used first. That should be all you have to do.

I would recommend posing questions on the Theme Parks, Attractions and Strategies board, which is the main section for general questions about WDW. There are other sections for restaurants, resorts, and transportation too, but tickets, attractions, and general touring questions are best posed on TPAS to get the best and quickest answers. There are some good stickies on there too, at the top of the board, including the FP+ FAQ (by Mesaboy), Ticket FAQ (by Robo), and Maps (also by Robo). These are incredibly useful resources!

Check out TPAS here: https://www.disboards.com/forums/theme-parks-attractions-and-strategies.2/

Enjoy!

Thank you for the info, much appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter