First timer must have foods or snacks

Our favorites are actually in DCA

Fried biscuits at carthay. The duck wings are great too.
Lobster nachos at lamplight. But some have said that they are not as good as they once were.

Steakhouse 55!
Any of the dole whips at Tropical Hideaway
Beignets at Jazz kitchen express (in downtown disney)
The fried biscuits are pretty amazing at Carthay! Agree with @Going2DisneyAZ
Any cocktail at Trader Sams
Gingerbread cookie! (they sell them all year)
chocolate covered pineapple spear

Have so much fun!

The peanut butter cookies they sell at all the bakery/sweet counters in the park are a must for us each trip.

Churros from the carts in either park
Churro funnel cake from Hungry Bear in DL
Pear-O-Dice drink from Cozy Cone in DCA
Dark chocolate and caramel marshmallow wand from Marceline’s

Lobster Nachos at Lamplight Lounge
Monte Cristo at Cafe Orleans
Beignets and Mint Juleps from NO Square

Last edited:
Most have been said but churros, churro toffee, fried chicken from Plaza Inn, ronto wraps at ronto roasters, french toast from Flo's in DCA... these are all things I am looking forward to having again in a few weeks.

Beignets or a Mint Julep from Mint Julep Bar (you can also get a Mint Julep at Blue Bayou)
Milkshake at Flo's (the decor is amazing if you like the vintage/retro vibe)
Churros

Matterhorn Macaroon at Jolly Holiday
Peanut Butter Sandwich (Pooh's Corner, on Main Street as well I believe)
Pomme Frites (and Monte Cristo and Mint Juleps and beignets) at Cafe Orleans

Churros, popcorn & Dole Whips are on the must have list; what is your must have?

Can be DLR wide (you can just give one or two, you don’t have to answer every one)

Best pizza​
Best sandwich​
Best taco​
Best ice cream​
Best non churro sweet snack​
Best non popcorn salty snack​
Best candy​
Best baked good​
Best soft drink​
Best beer​
Best adult beverage​
:shamrock::flower2:Thanks in advance ☘​

Pizza - Napoli in Downtown Disney.
Sandwich - a lot of people swear by Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney
Taco - I'll punt.
Ice cream - Ghirardelli at DCA, although I think it's just Dreyer's.
Non-churro sweet snack - Mickey-shaped beignets at Mint Julep Bar. They'll probably have a special one.
Non popcorn salty snack - I'll pass
Candy - Maybe the Mickey head lollipops. Nothing fancy but they're just fun.
Baked good - Boudin sourdough. They use it throughout the park including for the soup bread bowls.
Soft drink - I rather like Coke. You can actually bring your own in. It was unofficial policy that you could, but that's official now. Coolers need to be small though.
Beer - Pliny the Younger. Can't get it at Disneyland but I thought I'd put in a plug.
Adult beverage - maybe something at Trader Sam's.

Pizza - Napoli in Downtown Disney.
Sandwich - a lot of people swear by Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney
Taco - I'll punt.
Ice cream - Ghirardelli at DCA, although I think it's just Dreyer's.
Non-churro sweet snack - Mickey-shaped beignets at Mint Julep Bar. They'll probably have a special one.
Non popcorn salty snack - I'll pass
Candy - Maybe the Mickey head lollipops. Nothing fancy but they're just fun.
Baked good - Boudin sourdough. They use it throughout the park including for the soup bread bowls.
Soft drink - I rather like Coke. You can actually bring your own in. It was unofficial policy that you could, but that's official now. Coolers need to be small though.
Beer - Pliny the Younger. Can't get it at Disneyland but I thought I'd put in a plug.
Adult beverage - maybe something at Trader Sam's.
YUM! Thanks!

Pizza - Napoli in DTD is the only place I ever eat pizza at DL. Not because I love it so much, but because I just don't think of pizza when I'm in DL. There's so much other unique stuff.
Sandwich - Monte Cristo at Blue Bayou, although it can sometimes be disappointing. I also used to love the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich which used to be at Hungry Bear .... I know it went somewhere else but don't know if it's still there or not.
Taco - Street Tacos at Cocina Cucamonga in DCA
Ice Cream -- I don't remember what it's called, but Ghiardelli in DCA has a raspberry/dark chocolate thing that's to die for. Def my fav unless you count Dole Whip. I also love the Mickey ice cream sandwiches and bars.
Non Churro Sweet Snack -- It's simple, but there's nothing better than the fresh pineapple on a hot day. Raspberry Rose Macaron at Jolly Holiday
Non popcorn salty snack -- Pommes frites at Cafe Orleans.
Best candy -- English Toffee -- I know they have it at DCA and I think at Pooh's Corner in DL as well
Soft Drink -- Red's Apple Freeze at Cozy Cone in DCA or Rose Petal Soda at Carthay Circle
Don't drink beer
Best adult beverage -- Anything that comes with one of those little light-up ice cubes ;) Or anything from Trader Sam's
Two things I don't see a category for that I have to have every trip: Bacon Wrapped Asparagus at Bengal BBQ and Chili Con Queso at Cozy Cone

YUM! Thanks!

Also - doesn't have to be Napoli, which is a sit-down restaurant. There's also Napolini, which is more casual and basically only has 11" pizzas for take out. There's an outdoor seating area, or you could take it almost anywhere around DTD.

I love the bread pudding at Pacific Wharf and the chocolate parfait at Tommorowland Terrace.

Not sure if they are still there, but a few years ago the snack cart at the Adventureland side of The Hub had specialty doughnuts

I also love the mac and cheese cone and vodka lemonade from Cozy Cone Motel.

Best sandwich: Check Earl’s in DTD or Jolly Holiday (menu usually changes seasonally and sometimes also has great salads)

Best taco: Fish Tacos at Craftsman Grill at GCH

Best ice cream: I’m sadly dairy free now😭, but my kids love all the options - in DCA: Ghirardelli, Clarabelle’s, Parfait at Adorable Snowman, and soft serve from Cozy Cones. In DL: Gibson Girl and then Clarabelle’s for soft serve in ToonTown. Sometimes Salt & Straw in DTD depending on flavor/line

Best non churro sweet snack - check out seasonal options of Mickey beignets at Mint Julep (my personal faves are pumpkin spice and double chocolate)

Best non popcorn salty snack: Jumbo pretzel or baked potatoes (this is actually usually a meal for us) from Troubadour Tavern

Best candy: Churro Toffee

Best baked good: Jack Jack’s Num Num cookie

Best adult beverage: fun options at Trader Sam’s at DLH and Lamplight Lounge in DCA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter