First timer at FW with 5 year old quadruplets + 2

JenRuss5

Earning My Ears
We are first time FW campers with 5 year old quads, a 12 &14 year old. My main concern is convenience as far as getting to the MK without having to get them on and off several buses etc...(would hate to lose any of them). We made our ressies for the 100-200 loop for that reason. I see others talking about the 1500-2000 loop. Have I made a mistake? I understand where we are is close to the ferry. Is this true? I would appreciate ANY hints, tips & suggestions. We've taken 2 kids before, but NEVER 6! We are not going until November of 2002. I don't know if I will make it without driving everyone around me crazy.

the 100 loop would be good for you, it is close to the marina and you can take a direct boat to the magic kingdom without having to transfer.

The 1500 & 2000 loops are partial hook up sites = they do not have sewer connection, the 100 loop is preffered and has all hook ups including cable.

What type of camping equipment do you have??

makes me remeber when we were kids Dad used to make us all hold hands, he called it the human chain, oh how we hated that - "Human Chain Human Chain" he would constantly say.

What a trip you will have, I'm sure the kids will have a blast in the campground alone not to mention the parks......

We have a pop-up. That was the problem with deciding where to stay. Because of the size of our family, we would have to get 2 rooms wherever we stayed. Financially out of the question with wanting to stay on Disney Property for the convenience. I've been concerned about pulling the pop-up that distance, but I guess I just got over it! It normally takes 10 hours from MS, and the wee ones have NEVER ridden that far. We plan to drive all the way. Our plan is to leave late Saturday evening and drive all night and just relax in the campground on Sunday, get a good nights sleep etc and be ready for Monday. YIPEE!!!!! I hope they don't give us too much trouble if we get there before check in. Thanks for your help.

You are going to have such fun! FW is the ultimate place to stay if you have lots of kids!!

If you get there before your site is ready, you can check-in and park in the FW parking lot. Then you could hop a bus and check out FW. Stop at any playground and let the kids work off some steam. Go to the Settlement area and check out the petting zoo. Go to the beach and there are a couple of playgrounds there. There is also a small arcade at the Settlement area (for the older ones). Don't worry if you feel grungy after the long trip, cause you will see all sorts of people at FW. Now that didn't really sound right, but you know what I mean.

Take a ball for the kids to play with in the loop. Just teach them to listen for golf carts, and don't worry. I'd take riding toys or bikes for all if you can, and you should be able to wear them out every day so they will sleep!

Your loop will have cable, so take a cable if you have a tv.

Ask any other questions, cause we all love to talk about FW!

Barbara
220 days to go

FW is the only way we go to Disney. We pull our popup every October (except this year :mad: ). Anyway, we drive all night from Massachusetts. Just make sure you bring lots of things for the kids to do in the car. Our kids love Gameboy and playing the "License Plate" game. We also have a small TV that plugs into the cigarette lighter in the car. When they get really bored, we turn on a movie.

Have a wonderful time and post any questions - we love to answer!!!!

wow, I didn't know you could request a particular loop.
I made ressie's and requested a preferred site with expectation
that they choose for you. The C.M. did ask whether I had an
awning & slide out. I wonder if I should call back with a request
or be surprised.

I would go with the surprise if this is your first trip, you can request a loop or site and they will make note on your reservation but they do not guarantee your request. The reason they ask if you have slides or awnings is because some sites have obstructions that prevent the use of your awning or slide - mainly trees.

I admire you for taking all your children to Disney. Good for you!!! My wife has a friend with 1 year old quads and two other children. They do keep busy. We hope you have a great trip. We'll be anxious how it did, I'm sure you'll have fun! I'm sure my wife's friend will be encouraged to know there is fun in store down the road. Thanks for your courage and enjoying life with your kids!!!!!

TomM

What mix of boy and girls do you have?? Ya'll are going to have so much fun. I do not think you should have any problems. One quad per person right!!!!?????? They will be 6 by then right? They will enjoy it all very much. Do not forget that there are tons of things to do right at the campground.

I forgot one thing.Does your popup have a potty in it?? If not you might want to consider taking one with you. Sometimes the comfort station will not be close to your site in the loop and it sure does help for those middle of the night "gotta go's". That way in emergencies the kids can use that instead of having to wake someone up to go potty (and trying to find your key card).

The quads are all boys and will just turn 5 in Sept. before we go in November. Our daughter is 11 and we will also take our 13 year old niece.(What's one more)HEEHEE! Thanks for the potty tip. That porta potty has been our best investment. I'm so nervous about one of the kids getting away from us in the park. I've been to DW 4 times, but in the summer when it's SOOOO busy and hot. I understand I will be pleasantly surprised to see the crowd difference. I just know the kids would NOT tolerate the summer heat and crowds. We will be spending a small fortune (as everyone already knows how that is), and I want it to be as perfect as it can be. My only problem right now is we have 375 more days until we leave! I will be a nut case by then since I've been up until 2:00 am every night since last Sunday looking at this wonderful site. I have a 2 page list of helpful hints and tips that I got off the site. Thanks for the scarf on the stroller tip and the 400-800 speed film tip for night shots. I would imagine a flash going off in everybody's eyes would get a bit irritating. :-) The fat pen tip for signing autographs was pretty good too.

Jen, My hat is off to you! You will have such a good time at Ft. Wilderness. Sounds like a pop-up was a good purchase for you! The only time I've been camping is at Ft. Wilderness during Spring Break. It was only me and my youngest DS in a dome tent. We had a ball! Stick around here and you will learn alot!!!

TC:cool:

My greatest advice i can give you is to relax and have a great time if that is possible with that large of a family!As i tell my wife all the time im not running a park marthon! Well dont do what we did are last day ! 3 parks 1 day is that crazzy or what

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter