First time visit with 5 & 6 y/o sons

K&KsMom

Mouseketeer
Help!!!!! We know the ins and outs of every Disney Park but nothing about Universal. We need suggestions.......what time should we go? rides to do? etc? We are going April 18-25 and are clueless right now. AHHHHH!!!

Help!!!!! We know the ins and outs of every Disney Park but nothing about Universal. We need suggestions.......what time should we go? rides to do? etc? We are going April 18-25 and are clueless right now. AHHHHH!!!
Welcome to the dark side! ;)

The crowds that week shouldn't be bad at all so as long as you go during the week, you should be good. There are plenty of things for the kiddies at Universal. Here's a link to check out and then if you have any specific questions, ask away. We are glad to help.

http://www.universalorlando.com/prs_fun_w_kids.html

Took my son to Universal when he was 5 and again at 6 (didn't really mean to go back that soon, but got a really cheap flight just before his 7th birthday). Our first trip was in April and the parks weren't crowded at all, even on Saturday. Both parks have some attractions that are great for boys. The whole Jurassic park area is great - DS really liked the playground area with the water cannons. The Jurassic park ride is a bit scary but he liked it. He loved Jimmy Neutron and Spiderman (I got motion sickness from this one). I think his favorite ride was Men in Black. He liked all the shows - we had to see Fear Factor twice. He did not like the Revenge of the Mummy ride- too scary. He wasn't particularly fond of Jaws either - also scary. Twister - boring. Earthquake - a little scary. He was tall enough for Dr. Doom, but the ride lasts for what seemed like about 10 seconds. Not tall enough yet for Incredible Hulk or Dueling Dragons. The Dr. Seuss area is really cute. The ET ride is cute too. There are two water rides at IOA, Popeye & Dudley Doright - they are like Kali River Rapid and Splash Mountain ( but not as charming as SpM). When we were there in April, the lines were short and we didn't need the fastpass (I know that's not what they call it, but you know what I mean). If you ever go when it's crowded, I highly recommend staying on the property. We stayed at the Hard Rock last time in June. We only stayed one night and were able to use our room key as a fast pass for all the rides on the day we checked in and next day as well. It was well worth the extra money we paid for the room. If you have the time and a quirky sense of humor, see the Blue Man Group show. Hope you have fun!

most importantly - relax and have fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter