FIrst time using DME to BWV

Dano1182

DIS Veteran
My daughters friends will be joining us.
They arrive at approx the same time on different airlines.
How does ME work?
How many stops bet MCO and BWV?
Can I ensure that they will be on same bus?
How long is the wait ?
Ant other advice?

1. How does ME work?
  2. How many stops bet MCO and BWV?
  3. Can I ensure that they will be on same bus?
  4. How long is the wait ?
Ant other advice?
1. After collecting your luggage from baggage claim, head to the DME check in desk.
2. Possibly. No way to know before hand what the exact route for your particular bus will be
3. Wait for them to deplane and meet up with them prior to checking in at the DME desk.
4. No way to know.

I filled out the request on ember site.
Dumb question
When the ask for primary guest .
Does that mean me or my guests who are using ME.

How does ME work?
How long is the wait ?
Ant other advice?
They will walk from their airline arrival gate to ME check-in. Recommend they look for each other there, and check in one after another(together). They will then be directed to which line to stand in to wait for bus, and will be traveling together. You can't ensure they are on same bus. They must coordinate together at airport. How long the wait is you cannot know, no one does. Are they young? Are you concerned they will be nervous or anxious? It could be 30 minutes to an hour before the bus leaves. You also don't know ahead how many stops or where between MCO and BWV. It will be what it is, and you and they cannot alter that. But the total ride time is usually about an hour. It will get them there safely. I hope they enjoy it.

They may be arriving on different airlines, but do those airlines use the same part of the airport? If yes, they can meet up at one of the gates and walk together from there. (But there should be a game plan for what to do if one of the flights is delayed.)

We always scheudle DME based on the flight schedule of the later party if we are arriving close to each other, Then we meet downstairs indoors near the DME check in before getting in line together since sometimes we come in from different gate areas.

I always just enter me as primary guest and everyone else under me. The only time I schedule a different time is when my guests arrive much later and then they take it themselves and meet us at the resort.

How does ME work?
How long is the wait ?
Ant other advice?
DME is on the B side of the airport - Level One.

If they're arriving on the A side, they will need to get their luggage at the A baggage claim area. They will take the elevated train from the gate area to the concourse at Level 3 and follow the signs for Baggage Claim A on Level 2. Then it's back to Level 3, cross the airport concourse to the B side and then down to ground transportation on Level 1. DME is at the far end of that side.

If they are arriving on the B side, then they still have to take an elevated train to the main concourse, down 1 level to baggage claim and then down another level to DME.

They may be arriving on different airlines, but do those airlines use the same part of the airport? If yes, they can meet up at one of the gates and walk together from there. (But there should be a game plan for what to do if one of the flights is delayed.)

no, there are 4 “pods”. You can take the tram to the central area and meet there. We liked to meet on the end with the Hyatt, by the fountain.

https://yourmileagemayvary.net/2020/12/27/the-lounges-of-orlando-international-airport-mco/

I think Primary Guest is the lead name on the room reservation. It will then ask how many adults and how many kids 17 or younger.

So on your arrival/departure form, you enter your own name twice, once as the Primary Guest and then again under the list of names on that flight. Likely because the Magic Bands at the airport will link into the room reservation, so they want to verify the lead guest.

Typically the route to BWV involves at least one stop prior to BWV. That is Caribbean Beaches. After that they either go clockwise or counterclockwise around Epcot Resorts Blvd. If they go counterclockwise, BWV is the first stop, otherwise its the 3rd stop after the Yacht Club and then Beach Club.
I've never waited more than 30 minutes for that bus. And yes it can take an hour if its full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!