First time staying offsite...?s

I just saw this on the Hertz webpage:

Congratulations! If you’re 21-24 years old, here’s your opportunity to rent from Hertz without paying a Young Renter fee. (No fee means you’ll save $15 to $25 a day, depending on the car class you drive.)

Just include PC# 144314 in your reservation and pick up your vehicle on or before September 30, 2011. It’s that easy.

Hope this helps!!

Congrats

Sherry-n-NY

Oh man....this is the week BEFORE we'd want to be going! We're planning on going October 9th through the 15th.

I'd try to figure out something for a car. Maybe you could talk to Hertz and see if they'd extend that Young Drivers promotion ot you for one more week.Play on their sympahties...tell them you are newlyweds, goign to be on your honeymoon etc. You never know what a little schmoozing might do!;)

It just sounds to me like the back and forth on the shuttles for $13 charges or cabs for $7 charges isn't goign to be all that cheap either.

Try AAA, try cheapcarrentals.com, how about a local rental place &L&M is local to Orlando AND on the sirport property so you don't even have to take a shuttle). Costco, BJs, Sam's Club, Entertainment book. Look at all possibilities for discounts.

Are you sure you're talking about EMH and not MNSSHP? Disney does use wristbands for the hard-ticket events like MNSSHP and MVMCP, as those parties are clearly defined for those who paid for the extra admission. Disney is much more strict in these cases.

Genuinely curious....

Yup, it was definitely EMH. It was really crowded that night, however--like overwhelmingly so for October, so that may have been the reasoning behind it. We did do MNSSHP a few nights later, but we vacationed with a second couple who didn't go to the party with us and did do EMH and they remember the wristbands so I know I'm not hallucinating it.

Yup, it was definitely EMH. It was really crowded that night, however--like overwhelmingly so for October, so that may have been the reasoning behind it. We did do MNSSHP a few nights later, but we vacationed with a second couple who didn't go to the party with us and did do EMH and they remember the wristbands so I know I'm not hallucinating it.

Thanks for the clarification. I'll move from "no wristbands during EMH" to "no wristbands during EMH except for isolated cases". ;)

Offsite you'll be paying for transfers from the airport and transportation to WDW. Renting a car, even with the underage surcharge, makes a lot of sense.

Just the two of you? I'd rather be at POP then at an offsite property without a rental car.

From mousesavers:

Readers of Car & Driver magazine (i.e., anyone) can get discounts at National as well as LDW insurance, underage fee and free extra driver with Contract ID 3715761. Thanks to Hot AirBus for info.
I don't know anything about this code.

I just re-read the OP. Your staying the timeshare for free. Shuttles will cost $26/ day for both of you. Rent a car. See what your brother can do. Check Hertz. See if you school has a rental contract "code" that you're eligible to use. It might waive the underage surcharge.

edited to add--The Hertz deal for underage drivers has been extended a couple of times. Just keep checking. I'd probably take a taxi to the AKL instead of the AK. Bus service to the other parks should be better from a resort. The bus to the MK from the AKL goes directly to the MK but the bus from the AK goes to the TTC.

I'm not under 25, but am staying offsite for the first time in ages. Debating renting a car vs. resort shuttle.

Don't forget - in addition to the rental charge and under 25 fee, you will also pay for parking at the theme parks ($14/day). Be sure to factor that into your budget if you will be using the car all the time.

I think we're going to rent but I will try to take the shuttle at least some days. We're at Bonnet Creek and I've heard their shuttle is pretty good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter