First time in 20 years

bwang123

Earning my Beers
I
I havent been to disneyland in 20 years and my family has never been so it was basically a new adventure for everyone.

Arrived on Saturday 10/24. Room at GCV was not ready until 3:30pm. The hotel staff was super organized and friendly. We spent most of the day at Downtown Disney and since we had a car went to Laguna Beach and just toured around. We made dinner in the villa (had a one bedroom) and had drinks at the bar downstairs. We tried to watch WOC from the viewing area but the angle was off so we left early. I do recommend the view overall as the park at night looked amazing.

10/25

We only had party tickets for the day and entered around 3:30. Overall it was a bit crowded but were able to get in a few rides before everything started. We gathered up candy for a while and watched the fireworks. The lack of a Halloween focused parade was dissapointing as just two years earlier were impressed by the Disney World halloween parade. Fireworks were nice but the Disney World version was better overall.

10/26
Our first full day at Disneyland. Since we had already done some rides the day before, we were able to do many rides even fighting through thick crowds and utilzing FP. We rode the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay of Haunted Mansion and were overly impressed. I had not watched any videos or really read reviews and was blown away seeing this for the first time. Best part of the Halloween time decorations by far.

10/27
Our full day at California Adventure. From morning until noon it was dead. We got FP for RSR and then rode TSMM 3 times with 5min wait each times, Calfornia Screamin several times and visited a few characters. Later on, we had the Lobster nachos at Cove bar and drank Racer 5 on draft. Highly recommend this.

Overall, its hard to decide which coast I like better. I have a heart for Florida as we have been there many more times and there is so much to do. Disneyland has a lot of character and history so it makes it special. Staying at the Grand Californian puts you at a place that most Disney World resorts can not compare. We will be back for sure

We are still traveling so i may upload some pictures once I am able to. We left Anaheim afterwards and are traveling to San Francisco on PCH 1.

Attachments

• IMG_20151024_211014.jpg
    IMG_20151024_211014.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter