FIRST TIME HELP - 5 Day PHP Planning at WDW in Oct. 2022

sisson16

Earning My Ears
This is our 1st dedicated Disney World trip and I'm trying to soak up as much advice as possible to make an educated, informed decision on what we should do, when we should do it, and if there is anything we're missing.

We have 5 Day Park Hopper Plus tickets, but currently nothing for the Halloween events happening during our stay. We have resort reservations to stay onsite 10/18-10/24/22. The 18th and 24th are travel dates...no park plans or reservations for those days.

I've scoured numerous sites trying to figure all of this out and to see what days would be best to go to which park, but there are so many views and so much information to weed through its hard to keep up not being familiar with WDW and the terminology.

A few questions are:
  1. What days are best to visit what parks? We would be in the parks on Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat, Sun.
  2. Park Hopping strategy...is there such a thing, or do we just wing it and see where we want to go that day?
  3. How should the extra (5th) day be used since there are only 4 parks?
  4. Is the Halloween Party worth the extra ticket cost?
  5. How are the different parks affected by the Halloween Party?
  6. GENIE/GENIE+ worth it?
  7. Early entry/late departure strategy?
  8. Are we missing anything outside of the resort and the tickets to book in advance?
  9. What are we missing?

1. Avoid going to Epcot on Friday night, definitely Saturday, and probably Sunday because of the food and wine crowd. On days with parties, MK will be less crowded until 4pm. These would be good days to go there first and park hop. Non-party nights at MK will be extra crowded because those who don’t go to parties will be there on those nights.
2. Mostly wing it. if you are interested in Food and Wine, the park hopping to Epcot is what most people do. You can’t hop until 2pm and have to scan in your reserved park no matter what.
3. One thing you haven’t mentioned is the fact you have a plus pass. This will allow you access to a water park and mini golf. You need to build these in as well. You also haven’t explained the makeup of your party. Adults only? Kids? This will play a big part of deciding.
4. You have 5 days and a 5 day plus pass. You already have a ton going on. Yes it’s worth it, but it will wipe you out, leading to down time where you are not maximizing the ticket you already have.
5. As stated above, for party nights, everyone will park hop or visit the other three parks. MK is less crowded up until 4pm.
6. Yes if you maximize its capabilities. I suggest you watch YouTube videos on this. Also only purchase it for MK and HS.
7. If you are an on-site guest, if you want to be at the front of the rope drop crowd, be at the resort bus stop one hour fifteen minutes before early entry time. MK and Epcot extended evening hours are only available for those staying in a deluxe hotel.
8. Dining reservations are available at 60 days out for the length of your stay.
9. If you give us more info about your party and touring style, we’d better be able to give you more specific advice.

@coasternut22 thanks for the detailed response. We're a party of 5, two adults and three kids (9-16). While the Food and Wine at EPCOT sounds like something we would like I'm not sure what the kids would do during that time...so that may be a pass. To my understanding there is only 1 water park open, and I have no idea how many mini golf places there are...we weren't real sure about the offerings at World of Sports that was included with the Plus passes.

To my understanding there is only 1 water park open, and I have no idea how many mini golf places there are...we weren't real sure about the offerings at World of Sports that was included with the Plus passes.
Currently there is only 1 waterpark open -- Typhoon Lagoon. Whether or not Blizzard Beach will re-open by October is anyone's guess; I don't think WDW has stated yet.

There are 2 mini-golf locations, each with 2 courses. Fantasia Gardens is located near the Swan/Dolphin resorts (walking distance). Winter Summerland is near Blizzard Beach; when BB is closed there really isn't much as WDW transportation options. With the "Plus" options, mini-golf must be before 4pm.

ESPN Wide World of Sports -- nothing. Unless you are there to watch your kid in a sports tournament, there is really nothing to go see.

Oak Trail -- the "Plus" options cover foot golf or greens fees (not rentals) for a par-3 9-hole golf course.

We always tried to be at the gates when the parks opened. By about 12;30pm, went back for a nap or to the pool etc. returned to the park feeling refreshed later in the day. Honestly, that avoided a lot of crankiness..

Also, depending which resort you are staying at you may be eligible for EMH in the evening. I think it may be hard to squeeze in the water parks, not sure if you already bought tickets but if not I would skip the waterparks if you are going for 5 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter