First time going to DisneyWorld. Tips? Advice? What to expect?

amelibeli75

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. As the title says, my boyfriend and I are going to DisneyWorld for the first time and I would love any tips and advice you can give us. I've looked up a few DisneyWorld blogs so I know a little bit about magic bands (is it worth it?) and advance dining reservations (any recs?).
We'll be at the park for 4 days (the idea is one park per day). Are there any restaurants/stands we definitely should hit up? Any rides that are a must go?I'm from CA and have been to both parks dozens of times; I don't want to do or see anything that is available in CA.
Also, I'm a character autograph collector. Are there any characters that aren't available in the CA parks that are a must see while at DisneyWorld?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Not sure when you’re going. There are no character meets at the moment due to COVID so you won’t be adding to your autograph collection. You have to make park resies ahead of time and no park hopping is allowed. There are no fastpasses so rope dropping is a must. The entertainers for the live shows have mostly been let go, so don’t plan to watch shows. Some restaurants and shops did not reopen after the COVID closing.

You could be looking at this:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/here-now-just-back-wdw-reopening-experiences.3807247/
and this
https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...most-all-live-entertainment-laid-off.3795738/

Hi everyone. As the title says, my boyfriend and I are going to DisneyWorld for the first time and I would love any tips and advice you can give us. I've looked up a few DisneyWorld blogs so I know a little bit about magic bands (is it worth it?) and advance dining reservations (any recs?).
We'll be at the park for 4 days (the idea is one park per day). Are there any restaurants/stands we definitely should hit up? Any rides that are a must go?I'm from CA and have been to both parks dozens of times; I don't want to do or see anything that is available in CA.
Also, I'm a character autograph collector. Are there any characters that aren't available in the CA parks that are a must see while at DisneyWorld?

Thanks!
AK: You must go on Flight of Passage! :) I also recommend the Safari. Satuli is one of our favorite places to eat here.
MK: Seven Dwarf's Mine Ride is always a must for us. We usually get a Fruit and Nutella Waffle at Sleepy Hollow.
HS: Slinky Dog Dash. Backlot Express is a surprisingly decent quick serve.
EP: Test Track. Too many good places here to list. Look at the menus and see what jumps out at you.

You might actually want to try out the rides that are available in CA, just to see the differences. Some have pretty significant differences, others not so much so.
Will you be staying on-site? If so, I would recommend a magic band. If not, they are not as important/useful.

Just hang out here on disboards..
Check out the resort thread you are staying/ thinking about staying at.
Join the month board you are going.
Really everything you need to know is on here.

we echo shellyred8 from above with a couple of tweaks.
be our guest or cinderella's royal table (or pecos bill if trying to save money) is fun for a one time (or now and not again for a loooong time) visit to disney world.

for epcot, do not not not listen to anybody saying "this sucks or that sucks, this is the best that is awesome"...all of the food is good. as an example, theres a popular opinion out there that le cellier is between terrible and ok. le cellier will serve you one of the ten best steaks you have ever had; that isnt good enough for some people for some reason. go to one place in a different country each for appetizer, entree, then dessert if you have arent picky. the only reason you wont like something is because you dont like that type of food. like, you wont like the tacos at san angel because you dont like tacos, not because they are bad tacos.

and yes, get a magic band. its only twenty bucks and you can make it through the day with only your id and magic band, so you can leave everything else in the room if you like.

and yes, get a magic band. its only twenty bucks and you can make it through the day with only your id and magic band, so you can leave everything else in the room if you like.

well, (a) You can only use a magic band to charge purchases if you are staying at a Disney-owned hotel,

(b) Sometimes the system crashes and you can’t charge to a magic band,

and (c) some kiosks have not let you charge to a magic band (might have changed)

well, (a) You can only use a magic band to charge purchases if you are staying at a Disney-owned hotel,

(b) Sometimes the system crashes and you can’t charge to a magic band,

and (c) some kiosks have not let you charge to a magic band (might have changed)

Agree! And if you are staying off-site then there really is no need at all to have magic bands.

Don't get me wrong I like them and they are very useful for fastpasses and park tickets and paying if you are on-site. But I just went in September and stayed off site (for the first time ever as an adult because to me the value isn't there right now to stay on site) and didn't do magic bands. Had no need. And even better I used Apple pay everywhere when the magic band usually makes you put in a code. So I didn't have to touch anything...

Magicbands are really not needed unless you are staying at a disney resort! and try to carry only what you need to the parks. It is very long days and alot of walking!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter