First time DVC trip stay at BLT...

TAX GUY

DIS Veteran
My family and I are heading down this weekend as first time DVC owners! :cool1: We're staying at the BLT and I have a few questions (other helpful tips and tricks are more than welcome too). I believe we have a studio, if that helps.

What items from home should be bring? We're bringing some coffee and the normal "stuff" but what else? What about coffee filters? Are they provided? If we need to bring them, what type (cone or basket)? Snacks? I've read in another thread that the refill mugs and refill stations aren't too close?

We've been guests MANY times over the years but never as a DVC owner. What can we expect, if anything, to be different?

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

We didn't have to bring much from home for our BLT studio stay. The refill station and QS restaurant are in the Contemporary near Chef Mickey and all the stores. I think you go to Floor 5 at BLT and then walk over the bridge and it brings you to floor 4 of Contemporary (one level down from the monorail). So it can be a bit of hike to go get drinks etc.. (but not any worse than some of the bigger resorts like CBR or AoA). We drove so we brought soda and water etc...

We have stayed twice at BLT. We do not do the refillable mugs. We have Green Grocer bring our drinks for the week.

We do bring from home, reg. coffee filters, coffee, paper plates and napkins.

We eat breakfast, most lunches and snacks in our room. We have GG bring most, but since we drove those 2 trips, we did bring some food from home.

The store at CR is convenient for any basic things you forget.

We love BLT, have a great stay.....:cloud9:

Congratulations on being a DVC owner. If you love Disney the way we do, it'll be the best decision you ever made. We've stayed twice in a studio at BLT. It's a fabulous resort with terrific views. Be sure to go up to the Top of the World to watch the MK fireworks - totally amazing view and no crowds to fight getting back to your room.
As far as what to bring, if you're staying in a studio, try to limit the amount of luggage that you bring. We found that while there's enough drawer space & cubbies to put things, floor space is minimal, so there's not a lot of area to store luggage. If you intend to cook in your room, you'll need extra paper plates & plastic silverware or just bring enough real plates/silverware and wash them. They do have glassware! We brought & used a Brita water pitcher, small pair of binoculars, didn't but normally use detergent & dryer sheets for the free washer/dryers, and a small fold-up stool since I'm so short & can't reach some of the higher shelves in the kitchen.
Enjoy & have fun!

Thanks for all the replies! Very excited to be going back again and looking forward to many more years!

If you check out the member website there is a list of what's provided in the room, cleaning schedule and other info that will help you enjoy your ownership.

:earsboy: Bill

If you have a car, there's also a Publix grocery store very close to BLT. We drive so we bring many items with us. We were just there last week and drove to the Publix to purchase refrigerated items like milk. You can get a map and directions from bell services. You have to turn right from the Contemporary/BLT entrance and travel through the backstage area of the park. It's a few short miles. Staying at BLT definitely had it's perks. We have two little ones so we spend most of our park time at MK. Not only did we save money by eating breakfast and most lunches in our room, but we saved a ton of time by being so close to MK. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter