First time DVC renter

toyotaae86lg

Disney Magic is AMAZING!!!
Hello all, so im renting dvc points for the first time at boardwalk villas for the end of Jan 2022. I have submitted my request already; my question is how long is a common wait time to find an owner to rent from. I am going through a broker and only submitted just a few days ago so im not worries right now but just curious is it common to wait 1 or 2 months to find an owner? Usually I book through Disney so $200 and im good. Any advice would be great:)

Hello all, so im renting dvc points for the first time at boardwalk villas for the end of Jan 2022. I have submitted my request already; my question is how long is a common wait time to find an owner to rent from. I am going through a broker and only submitted just a few days ago so im not worries right now but just curious is it common to wait 1 or 2 months to find an owner? Usually I book through Disney so $200 and im good. Any advice would be great:)

your close or at the seven month window. If your not at the seven month window yet maybe they are waiting. Maybe they have no boardwalk owners so they are waiting for the window to open.

Last edited:
Points will turn up at 7 months. Availability might dry up, however. With a January 2022 date if you have to wait more than past the numeric date in June that matches your January check-in, which is to say wait more than 2 weeks, you won't get the unit. Boardwalk will fill on the 7 month date, just based on home resort switch.

There are two things going on with a DVC rental. The first is availability at the DVC resort. The second if finding an owner with enough points that is working with the broker. I just took a peek at the end of January at BWV and availability in a studio is spotty. There's some availability in a Garden View for 2 days, then a gap, 5 days and then there's another gap and then there is more availability through the end of the month. Those missing days may pop up but you never really know when that'll happen. Now, an owner can put themselves on a waitlist for those missing I'm not sure if the broker works with people who are willing to waitlist for those missing days. There may be some movement at the 7-month booking window as BWV owners change to another resort, but BWV is also very popular and other DVC owners will be wanting to book there too.

Unfortunately, there is really no answer on when or even if a week will come available for you. I will tell you that the very last few days January through February looks open now if you're willing to slide your vacation a bit but your broker would need to find a BWV owner to book it for you. FWIW, they have access to the same information I can see.

There are two things going on with a DVC rental. The first is availability at the DVC resort. The second if finding an owner with enough points that is working with the broker. I just took a peek at the end of January at BWV and availability in a studio is spotty. There's some availability in a Garden View for 2 days, then a gap, 5 days and then there's another gap and then there is more availability through the end of the month. Those missing days may pop up but you never really know when that'll happen. Now, an owner can put themselves on a waitlist for those missing I'm not sure if the broker works with people who are willing to waitlist for those missing days. There may be some movement at the 7-month booking window as BWV owners change to another resort, but BWV is also very popular and other DVC owners will be wanting to book there too.

Unfortunately, there is really no answer on when or even if a week will come available for you. I will tell you that the very last few days January through February looks open now if you're willing to slide your vacation a bit but your broker would need to find a BWV owner to book it for you. FWIW, they have access to the same information I can see.
Hey there thanks for the info. So my dates xxxxxxxxxx according to daves right now there is availibilty i know can change. All they are doing now is looking for owner

Removed details, not allowed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there thanks for the info. So my dates xxxxxxxxxx according to daves right now there is availibilty i know can change. All they are doing now is looking for owner

He's probably waiting for the 7-month window to open up so one of his non-BWV owners can book it. In the meantime, other BWV owners can book those dates while you wait or it might get booked by a non-BWV owner if yours isn't on the ball right at 8:00 AM Eastern time when the 7 month window opens.

If you want to guarantee those dates, you'll want to find a BWV owner. There are a couple of people renting BWV points over on the Rent/Trade Board. If it's been a few days already, you'll can check your contract with David and see if you can get your partial payment back from him since he has not found a reservation for you yet.

Good luck! I hope your reservation comes through!

Just to give some real-world experience, we own at BWV and had booked 3 nights in a P/G view studio for Jan. 16-19. Yesterday morning when the 7-month window opened, I modified that to a studio at AKL. A few minutes later I went back to look at availability, and the BWV studio was gone already. So if your dates are still in the 11-month window, you need to find a BWV owner immediately, because once the 7-month window opens for your dates, any remaining availability will probably be gone in minutes. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....

Just to give some real-world experience, we own at BWV and had booked 3 nights in a P/G view studio for Jan. 16-19. Yesterday morning when the 7-month window opened, I modified that to a studio at AKL. A few minutes later I went back to look at availability, and the BWV studio was gone already. So if your dates are still in the 11-month window, you need to find a BWV owner immediately, because once the 7-month window opens for your dates, any remaining availability will probably be gone in minutes. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....

Thank you very much:) This is what I need to know

If you are trying to book at Studio at BWV in January, there's very little available.

If you are waiting for a Garden/Pool View 1-bedroom villa, then there's plenty of availability.

Yep, I was going to suggest to forget the broker and pay less for a rental here. I rented out 489 points in a matter of a few days for my BWV points a little while ago. Plus if you get a responsive owner you'll be booked in no time instead of waiting around for the broker. I'm glad it all worked out for you and enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!