First time cruiser; is it worth getting off at Nassau?

We are sailing the Dream on 9/20 and this is our first time sailing with DCL. We are not doing any excursions as I read there are so many activities offered. Is it worth even getting off the ship at Nassau? Originally, we just wanted to take a cab to see Atlantis and then get back on the boat. Is it safe or even worth it?

Thank you!
We are sailing the Dream on 9/20 and this is our first time sailing with DCL. We are not doing any excursions as I read there are so many activities offered. Is it worth even getting off the ship at Nassau? Originally, we just wanted to take a cab to see Atlantis and then get back on the boat. Is it safe or even worth it?

Thank you!

We did the Atlantis excursion. Our opinion, waste of time and money. Our next two trips we stayed on the almost empty ship and had a great time.

On our cruise we just got off the ship and walked around for about an hour just to say we did (plus I found a geocache). We definitely mainly treated it like a sea day, as did many other people on the cruise (though it was less crowded than the actual sea day). You should visit places in Nassau if you want to, but don't feel like you "have to".

At a minimum, I would get off of the ship to take photos of the pier and other ships in port. We walked over to Never Say Never Again and enjoyed a couple of mimosas, the view and a phone call home to our daughter. Before the cruise, I had enabled verizon travel pass wifes phone. It is $10 for 24 hours and is supposed to give you access to whatever plan you have at home. It was better at phone calls than data but allowed us to make calls at both Nassau and CC. Never Say Never Again is the octagon at the end of the pier on the left side of the Port Nassau web cam. Great views from there and very nice people working there. Would definitely visit again. We went back to the ship for more photos and to enjoy the ship.

I'm not sure. There were places that were pretty dark. It is really awesome. It is, however set up like a museum. (reading information on cards on history,etc). Older kiddos maybe. I don't think so for young ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter